@owlstalk

BREAKING NEWS - Owls confirm return to training on Monday

7 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Can anyone tell me who the player is stood next to the training dummy as I've never seen him before?

It's a training dummy, hes just dressed in blue lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

If you’d made as much money out of the game as players like Fletcher and Forestieri would you risk signing a short term deal when you could potentially get injured and then lose out on a 1-2 year deal somewhere?

I would imagine their agents would be steering them away from signing any short term deals and telling them to wait for at least a 1 year deal

Yet again we face players having all The power. They will demand decent wages with a new contract or will look at their other options and we are left to play the reserves with a potential points deduction happening. Suddenly I want the season to be null and void. 

2 hours ago, SouthStand75 said:

Yet again we face players having all The power. They will demand decent wages with a new contract or will look at their other options and we are left to play the reserves with a potential points deduction happening. Suddenly I want the season to be null and void. 

It’ll be different for each player. I’d have thought someone like Pelupessy would be happy to sign a short term extension to see the season out because he won’t have that many offers in from elsewhere. I wouldn’t say he had much power at all.

But Fletcher and Forestieri are likely to have other offers of at least a 1 year deal. And they’re both at a stage in their career where the next contract they sign could be their last one so would want longer than a couple of months to see the season out.

If Wednesday were to offer players like Fletcher and Forestieri deals just to see out the season, how much would we offer and how much would they want?

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It balances up though?

We might have offers in for players from other clubs too you know

Give over...

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It balances up though?

We might have offers in for players from other clubs too you know

Charity begins at home ..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

I don't know, but I bet the training dummy is having the best of that battle.

The dummy is marking him out of the game!  

It'll take our comfortable lot atleast 8 weeks to work off them dark chocolate digestives and custard creams 

I wonder if they've all been following personal training and diet plans over the last two months.

15 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

I wonder if they've all been following personal training and diet plans over the last two months.

wonder how Kevin Pressman would have fared in that situation 

11 hours ago, SouthStand75 said:

They will demand decent wages with a new contract or will look at their other options

None...sorry, very few of our ' top players' will have other options. Apart from league 1...and none in that league have any money..

None will be going to the prem.

Some might...might get a another champ club on a similar deal we offer.

The big wheel keeps on turning....

DC needs to say he's injured..:rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

wonder how Kevin Pressman would have fared in that situation 

He would have found alternative employment on Noel's House Party or something similar to keep himself trim.

Edited by rickygoo