Garry Monk : "A possible return date which will be the 25th"

0_Sheffield-Wednesday-v-Manchester-City-FA-Cup-Fifth-Round.jpg

Dom Howson at the Examiner has just published an article in which Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk lifts the lid on when the club will return back to training

Speaking to the local media via Zoom this morning, Monk said: "We had a Championship managers' meeting the other day and I think we are all in agreement that we want to complete the season. I think that is the right thing to do.

"Obviously, we have been waiting a long, long time for the guidelines and some instruction which we have not had pretty much all the way through. It has only really gathered pace probably in the last week.

"The first real directive came pretty much this week in terms of a possible return date which will be the 25th.

Read Dom Howson's article here 👉https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-sheffield-wednesday-boss-garry-18274354

Owlstalk Shop

Presumably the EFL are just waiting for what the Premier league decide to do then they will copy whatever decision they make.

I really don't not understand the point of the EFL and the FA, all decisions are made by the premier league and everyone else follows them or they don't get the scraps from the EPL table.

Kind of the sad state of affairs of football currently in this country. 

A bit like Scotland make out they are their own country then copy what the English do a week later because it is the Uk government paying for their furloughed staff.

Edited by room0035

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably the EFL are just waiting for what the Premier league decide to do then they will copy whatever decision they make.

I really don't not understand the point of the EFL and the FA, all decisions are made by the premier league and everyone else follows them or they don't get the scraps from the EPL table.

Kind of the sad state of affairs of football currently in this country. 

A bit like Scotland make out they are their own country then copy what the English do a week later because it is the Uk government paying for their furloughed staff.

Wee Jimmy Kranky sneaking it in after Boris takes all the flak.