Do you remember this orange away shirt?

EYYMrnsWkAIOpQ1.jpg

Remember this? The bright orange 1998 away shirt, sponsored by Sanderson

Orange with a black and white collar, and with black and white trims on the sleeves, decorated with the Sanderson sponsor badge and name across the chest/belly

Is this the 'Regi Blinker' shirt?

If you fancy one they're available at The Terrace currently 👉 https://theterracestore.com/products/official-sheffield-wednesday-98-away-replica-shirt

Owlstalk Shop

I associate the orange shirt with the amazing goals scored by Carbone at Newcastle and Di Canio at Everton.

£40 for a copy, though? (A replica of the official replica shirt!)

Was talking about these the other day so got some of my originals out of the wardrobe, think there's a few quids worth there. Not selling, even though most of them don't fit any more (they must shrink in storage or summat)

20200516_114231.thumb.jpg.0f6a88a5ed46be5cb58202a71b4a8c44.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Here’s one for the older fans, does anyone remember the tangerine away shirt from the 70s? Did it have white collars and cuffs, or maybe blue, or was it all tangerine?

Yep, remember it well, white collars and cuffs, blue shorts.

As a kid went into Suggs and asked for one and they didnt have a clue what I was on about. 

I dont think there was much call for replica kits in the early 70's.

I think I got a generic orange Umbro shirt with white collar and cuffs, might have even been a Blackpool one without a badge.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They're selling out mate

They've just had a few sizes come back into stock

Depends how many they are manufacturing as to whether that's a sign of anything.

People happy to pay £40 for an imitation of a replica shirt that we wore 25 years ago but complain about the prices when the club sell off recent kits. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Depends how many they are manufacturing as to whether that's a sign of anything.

People happy to pay £40 for an imitation of a replica shirt that we wore 25 years ago but complain about the prices when the club sell off recent kits. 

They sold out of these as they're so popular

They've just come back in stock in a few sizes

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They sold out of these as they're so popular

They've just come back in stock in a few sizes

As I said, depends how many you produce as to how popular it is.

Why are people so keen to buy knock offs of ancient football shirts anyway, seems a bit bizarre to me.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As I said, depends how many you produce as to how popular it is.

You seem so desperate to try and put some kind of doubt/negative spin into the absolute FACT that they sold out.

lol

What's up? What you got against The Terrace?

They're clearly offering stuff that our fans are wanting to buy, from a company they want to buy from, at a price they are wanting to pay.

That much is clear to me

I have no affiliation with The Terrace btw - I'm just wondering why the absolute hate?

Owlstalk Shop