Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not really been on for a while so apologies if this has been discussed...

 

Not too fussed about this year, but if it looks like a significant chunk of next season will be played behind closed doors how would you like.the club to deal with your season ticket money?   

 

a) refund it

b) refund a %

c) keep it and offer free  iFollow until you can attend

d) defer your ticket to 21/22

e) keep it

 

 

Are there any other options? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting point has to be prorated % refund for each home game left this season every home game behind close door next season. I paid to go to those games so if they are not available I should be offered a refund.

 

If the club wants to offer some alternatives for fans happy to take another option that’s fine.

Personally I am happy to look at any options they put forward but if they don’t included an offer of a refund I will demand one out of disgust at my treatment as a fan.

 

ifollow offer would be an expensive option if your in a household with 4 season tickets🥴

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Starting point has to be prorated % refund for each home game left this season every home game behind close door next season. I paid to go to those games so if they are not available I should be offered a refund.

 

If the club wants to offer some alternatives for fans happy to take another option that’s fine.

Personally I am happy to look at any options they put forward but if they don’t included an offer of a refund I will demand one out of disgust at my treatment as a fan.

 

ifollow offer would be an expensive option if your in a household with 4 season tickets🥴

As a customer that's what you'd expect but losing the season ticket revenue would leave a huge hole in our finances (I appreciate all clubs will be in the same situation). How in earth would we pay the wages if we had to give all that money back? We'd be completely reliant on the Chairman or hand outs from elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

As a customer that's what you'd expect but losing the season ticket revenue would leave a huge hole in our finances (I appreciate all clubs will be in the same situation). How in earth would we pay the wages if we had to give all that money back? We'd be completely reliant on the Chairman or hand outs from elsewhere.

It's a tricky situation. Just as the lockdown began Mowgli was about to launch in Leeds. By now I would probably have visited three or four times. I haven't coughed up for non-existent curries though to keep the chefs and waiters in employment - much though I admire the owner and what she provides.

 

First option for Wednesday has to be a refund for this season and next - especially given the parlous state of many people's finances.  After that it should be down to individuals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our club (not sure about others) will probably offer a range of options, from a full refund to a deferral, to suit all individuals circumstances. They may make the latter more worthwhile for individuals, as commercially it would be better I presume to keep the revenue, although I'm not sure what or how we could right off/right down this particular part of our annual income. Maybe it could be offset somehow, but I'm going too deep with this now.

 

I do think however that FFP/P&S will need to either be reviewed or suspended for this season, as a lot of clubs will now be making a loss that is totally out of their hands, and outside the remit of FFP.

 

Personally I would be happy to defer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

As a customer that's what you'd expect but losing the season ticket revenue would leave a huge hole in our finances (I appreciate all clubs will be in the same situation). How in earth would we pay the wages if we had to give all that money back? We'd be completely reliant on the Chairman or hand outs from elsewhere.

 

Comforting to know we have a chairman with deep pockets.

But more importantly very long arms.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds.

The same millionaire who boasted at the last fans forum to the fans there that 'let me tell you.. your money doesn’t cover anything'



Read that again


Let it sink in...


 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would expect there to be options on the table with zero ramifications. As in no you can have a refund but you cant purchase another season ticket.

 

I would hope the above options a, b, c, d, e are available but as option F all season ticket holders can have those tickets that they have not received a game for as free tickets next season. Ie cup games, take a friend, child etc.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

In all honesty regardless of what you think of Chansiri as a chairman I would be absolutely staggered if he didn't look after the fans at this time.

I just can't see him saying no refunds or trying to offer watching it online instead of giving you money back etc


His family values would surely mean he will look after all season ticket holders.

That's my gut feeling anyway


I just think he'll look after the fans


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds


 

I think that the majority of our fans would want a refund unless the players agreed to take a substantial pay cut. 

For me personally I've got the attitude that season ticket money for the remainder of this season and next is already gone. 

Will I buy another one after this  ?.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite happy to write this seasons ticket off as a gesture of goodwill to club. 

I haven't purchased one for next season so that bit it does not apply to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest LittleG

I'm happy to forego any refunds for the remainder of this season but, as I already have my season ticket for next year, I would expect a refund for any matches we are unable to attend next season. Don't see any reason for the chairman not to do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking as a non season ticket supporter, every game that is not played or played behind closed doors should be refunded, no ifs or buts.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve written this season off, the club can keep that money.

 

As for next season, if I were to miss say 8 games, I’d except a discount for the monetary equivalent off my season ticket the following year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

A millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds yet our ordinary working class fans want to donate their hard earned money to the millionaire paying other millionaires millions of pounds.

The same millionaire who boasted at the last fans forum that 'let me tell you.. your money doesn’t cover anything'



Read that again


Let it sink in...


 

 

Doesn't sound like a boast, sounds like a simple fact.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Doesn't sound like a boast, sounds like a simple fact.  

 

 

Except it's not a fact is it? Far from it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

So the money from the ticket sales covers all the clubs expenses?  

 

The quote doesn't say "everything" it says "anything". Given match day income is a higher percentage of Wednesday's income than just about every club in the division it's a long way off being fact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not really been on for a while so apologies if this has been discussed...

 

Not too fussed about this year, but if it looks like a significant chunk of next season will be played behind closed doors how would you like.the club to deal with your season ticket money?   

 

a) refund it

b) refund a %

c) keep it and offer free  iFollow until you can attend

d) defer your ticket to 21/22

e) keep it

 

 

Are there any other options? 

 

They will probably give you 10% off the new season shirt.

 

Which will be priced at £66 10% off price £59 :tango:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...