BREAKING - Premier League votes to return to training from tomorrow

PL-Logo.png

Premier League clubs have agreed to stage one of the return to training protocols which allows teams to start training in small groups from Tuesday.

Clubs voted unanimously on the decision at Monday's "Project Restart" meeting.

Players must observe social distancing rules, and contact training is not permitted.

Owlstalk Shop

Surely they can go straight into phase 2. physical contact training from the off.

What is the point in them waiting to do that.?

Its not as if they are waiting for the government to move lockdown measures inline with the country to do so.

In a week or so they will be full contact, so why not full contact now in there small groups,as all have to isolate if one catches it anyway.

I watched about 10 minutes of the Bundesliga -  Union Berlin - Bayern Game out of interest.

It might have well as been a FIFA 20 game for all it mattered. Absolutely will not be watching football in that kind of environment. Its a joke.

Edited by Nero

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

I watched about 10 minutes of the Bundesliga -  Union Berlin - Bayern Game out of interest.

It might have well as been a FIFA 20 game for all it mattered. Absolutely will not be watching football in that kind of environment. Its a joke.

I didn't bother with the Bayern match, started watching the previous Cologne v Mainz match & nodded off after 20 mins.

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Watched the first half of the Dortmund game and the second half of the Leipzig game on Saturday afternoon. It was watchable without being brilliant. On the other hand I started watching the St Pauli match and it was pretty poor

Might make it more interesting if I knew who some of the players were though!!

The live German games were a joke.............."echo's" like a swimming pool arena......no atmosphere.....bizarre goal celebrations........empty seats .....cannot wait for our Prem games that mean FA........the VAR  goal prevention machine......but hey.. it's not for the fans ......it's for the ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s

Edited by twolaptops

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I didn't bother with the Bayern match, started watching the previous Cologne v Mainz match & nodded off after 20 mins.

The Cologne game turned into quite a good match - especially if like me you're a fan of park football. 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

When ONE player comes down with it the whole house of cards will fall.

Or you could wait a month.

And it will happen 

It'll be ok, sky have previous with the simulated crowd noise. Remember when they screwed us over playing it during the min silence.

Then apologised on page to 324 of some random rag. lobbers

Edited by agentwalker

I'm struggling to get my head round this.

This virus has been part responsible for the deaths of 0.001% of the under 45 population.

Almost all of those had underlying health risks.

The threat to athletes aged between 20 and 35 is closer to bugger all than negligible.

I can see why they wouldn't want to play if they are in the same household as a vulnerable person, but surely that won't apply to most.

The whole thing is an absolute farce. Call me naive but the parties involved in ‘project restart’ are doing this for 1 reason only- money. Who else will benefit from this? Certainly not fans, but what about the players themselves? Non contact training or whatever they want to call it, sorry but what is that even about?!! 

I saw some clips from Bundesliga at the weekend and the fact that they are wearing face masks on the side lines says it all - IT IS NOT SAFE. And these are the conditions in a country that has managed the virus better than anywhere else in Europe. What sense does it make for us to follow this? The politicians and governing bodies within football have been banging on about health and safety, but how can they see this as safe when they are wearing face masks? Absolutely ridiculous. 

It’s also funny how, from a governmental level, they seem to be concentrating their efforts on the premier league. No mention of the EFL and grassroots from what I’ve seen. Clubs below the premier league are more vulnerable than anyone else, yet there seems to be no action around this, absolutely embarrassing. Several clubs will experience what Bury did and the government is simply allowing this to happen. These kind of clubs are a massive part of the community especially in smaller towns and it will rip the heart out of them.