Jose Semedo "It is not easy to play for Sheffield Wednesday at home"

"As Sheffield Wednesday players, you have to understand that and know if you give your best, regardless of whether you lose or win, they will support you."

So basically when you get booed it means you have given no where near your best . Like all fans I imagine . If you can't give your all in front of twenty thousand maybe football isn't for you . Or a club that doesn't care if you couldn't care less what happens , which is none . 

It's pretty much a fact that at least 90 percent of players that we have had playing for us in the last 20 years haven't played regularly in front of a stadium/crowd so big.

And they are probably told frequently that 'we belong' in the Premiership.

The only club that has the same awe in size in our division I can think of are Leeds.

I'm still in awe nowadays sometimes when I see the size of Hillsbrough and especially on big match days. 

I will never forget when Darren Purse made two bad pass backs and the reaction of the crowd.  You could see them building a gallows on the north stand.

Shock horror. Fans expect Club to win. lol

WTF !!!!???

NO !!  we don't, we expect our players to get huge wages and try maybe once a season to put a bit of effort  in !!   Usually before contract renewal talks !!

We prefer inept performances and couldn't give F***  attitudes 111 

Win ?   What do you think we are like Semedo

55 minutes ago, cross owl said:

"As Sheffield Wednesday players, you have to understand that and know if you give your best, regardless of whether you lose or win, they will support you."

So basically when you get booed it means you have given no where near your best . Like all fans I imagine . If you can't give your all in front of twenty thousand maybe football isn't for you . Or a club that doesn't care if you couldn't care less what happens , which is none . 

This doesn’t apply to many of the idiots amongst our fans, the stick Morgan Fox and Cameron Dawson have received at Hillsborough this season has been an absolute disgrace at times 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

5a7749e79a57e_SemedoSheffieldWednesday.jpg.fc0343ddf8ae3195578c752d5ddb8169.jpg

Dom Howson has delivered another cracking article in The Examiner today, interviewing Wednesday legend Jose Semedo

Here's just a quick snippet of it where Semedo talks about playing at Hillsborough

"It is not easy to play for Sheffield Wednesday because the crowd are demanding," he said. "That is why they are a big club.

"They are a big team and the fans are there every week demanding the team be at their best every week.

"It is why it is sometimes difficult to play at home. The fans are demanding and have big expectations.

Read the full interview here in Dom's article - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/jose-semedo-sheffield-wednesday-decline-18268598

Maybe that is why Meggo took all the new players to the top of the Kop to explain just what is expected of them, and if they thought they could not cut it, don't sign.

36 minutes ago, Stoop said:

This doesn’t apply to many of the idiots amongst our fans, the stick Morgan Fox and Cameron Dawson have received at Hillsborough this season has been an absolute disgrace at times 

Agree 

Fox has improved his own game 

and deserves praise for that 

56 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Maybe that is why Meggo took all the new players to the top of the Kop to explain just what is expected of them, and if they thought they could not cut it, don't sign.

Did he REALLY though?

All of em?

Every time?

Before signing?

REALLY?

And how many of them said "errr now I'm stood at the back of this kop I've decided to turn down all the huge money and big contract and massive bonuses thanks"?

Don't believe the hype ffs

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did he REALLY though?

All of em?

Every time?

Before signing?

REALLY?

And how many of them said "errr now I'm stood at the back of this kop I've decided to turn down all the huge money and big contract and massive bonuses thanks"?

Don't believe the hype ffs

Might not have happened every time but Llera has said it was the case for him, sure he wouldn't have been the only one.

As you say though, I'd be surprised if there was one player that Megson 'took up the back of the Kop' who then decided not to sign or Megson decided not to sign them based on the reaction.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd be surprised if there was one player that Megson 'took up the back of the Kop' who then decided not to sign or Megson decided not to sign them based on the reaction.

Yeah

Exactly

Kinda makes the whole process a total pointless waste of time (if it did actually really happen)

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah

Exactly

Kinda makes the whole process a total pointless waste of time (if it did actually really happen)

lol

Not sure what Llera would gain from making it up so I reckon it did happen a few times.

As for the process - it might have stopped us signing Owusu if he had got to the back of the Kop and completely crumbled or thrown up as he developed a tendency to do for us! garymegson

Would have meant the 1-touch Owusu moment would never have happened though.