Scottish football cancelled - Could similar outcome be coming Wednesday's way?

1556985855_188682_noticia_normal.jpg

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP AND SPFL SEASON 2019/20 CURTAILED

PREMIERSHIP CLUBS REACH UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT THAT TOP FLIGHT CANNOT BE FINISHED

The SPFL has today announced that, following consultation with all 12 top-flight clubs, the Board of the SPFL has determined that the 2019/20 Ladbrokes Premiership has been concluded with immediate effect.

As with the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League One and Ladbrokes League Two competitions, final season placings have been determined by points per game in league matches played to 13 March 2020 by each club.

The decision means that Celtic are crowned 2019/20 champions and Hearts have been relegated to the Ladbrokes Championship. The final placings in full can be seen below:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 12.48.21.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1556985855_188682_noticia_normal.jpg

LADBROKES PREMIERSHIP AND SPFL SEASON 2019/20 CURTAILED

PREMIERSHIP CLUBS REACH UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT THAT TOP FLIGHT CANNOT BE FINISHED

The SPFL has today announced that, following consultation with all 12 top-flight clubs, the Board of the SPFL has determined that the 2019/20 Ladbrokes Premiership has been concluded with immediate effect.

As with the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League One and Ladbrokes League Two competitions, final season placings have been determined by points per game in league matches played to 13 March 2020 by each club.

The decision means that Celtic are crowned 2019/20 champions and Hearts have been relegated to the Ladbrokes Championship. The final placings in full can be seen below:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 12.48.21.jpg

That’s Hearts heading to court and maybe even Rangers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah mate it's already looking like the lawyers are getting all fired up and ready

Rangers agreed with others In handing the league to Celtic in a meeting last week. Celtic accepted their unequivocal surrender. Once the Scottish Cup is in the bag that will be a quadruple treble.

Just now, John O'Brien said:

Rangers agreed with others In handing the league to Celtic in a meeting last week. 

Not sure it's Rangers particularly but the reports in the news in the last hour is that lawyers are being deployed against this decision by unhappy clubs

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure it's Rangers particularly but the reports in the news in the last hour is that lawyers are being deployed against this decision by unhappy clubs

I can’t see any challenge to it tbh, it’s a pity that Hearts went down.

Following today’s decision to end the 2019/20 Premiership season and expel Heart of Midlothian Football Club from the top flight, the club would like to provide a brief update to both its fans and the wider Scottish football audience.

We have stated from the outset that we don’t believe it is right that any club should be unfairly penalised because of the Covid-19 pandemic. It was previously indicated that league reconstruction would not generate enough support to pass a vote between member clubs.  In recent days a number of positive talks have been held with both the SPFL and member clubs and this topic is currently being revisited.

Hearts will shortly submit a member’s resolution that we believe is a pragmatic solution to the issues the game currently faces and a way forward that the clubs can unite behind. It is our belief that this resolution, if supported, will provide an opportunity to avoid disproportionately disadvantaging - financially and otherwise - any club. 

This is possibly the final chance for our game to stand together, protect each other and not only survive but flourish in the aftermath of this terrible pandemic. Players from across all leagues have shown a desire for reconstruction and having already received support from some clubs we are hopeful that this resolution can positively progress Scottish football.

As previously intimated the club has been taking legal advice throughout this process and are continuing to do so. We hope that the resolution being prepared will avoid the need to go down this route. Legal action would be both time consuming and expensive. However the cost to the club of relegation would outweigh these considerations.

To our supporters, we thank you for showing patience and continuing to back the club. We will continue to fight against what we believe is an unjust outcome.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6-7

Sounds like Hearts are not going to accept it. 

22 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

The season was over before it begun in Scotland. Celtic should have been crowned Champions on the first day of the season anyway. 

Congratulations John. I think whatever method of deciding final placing’s is going to upset the clubs who are affected in this case Hearts. I do have sympathy for them as you expect to be judged after 38 games not 28/29 and I don’t think this PPG is that fair as you might as well just say finish it as the table currently stands as PPG makes sod all difference?

7 minutes ago, pachyderm said:

So they are going to relegate? hmmp. 

Weren't they talking about not relegating teams but creating 3 new levels/leagues and only promoting teams for the upcoming season? 

Yes but the vote went against temporary reconstruction which would have saved Hearts. Celtic voted yes for temporary reconstruction for what it’s worth.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

That’s Hearts heading to court and maybe even Rangers?

It’s confusing. The first words say “unanimous agreement”.

Then Hearts release a statement talking about expulsion and “taking legal advice”

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Congratulations John. I think whatever method of deciding final placing’s is going to upset the clubs who are affected in this case Hearts. I do have sympathy for them as you expect to be judged after 38 games not 28/29 and I don’t think this PPG is that fair as you might as well just say finish it as the table currently stands as PPG makes sod all difference?

The only thing it makes a difference to is takes account of games in hand. 

No fairer way than PPG in my opinion if null and void is completely off the table as widely reported.