Who remembers football reports on Radio Hallam?

Radio Hallam.jpg

Anyone remember Radio Hallam broadcasting Sheffield Wednesday reports in the days before they became Hallam FM and handed all the local sport to BBC Radio Sheffield?

Radio Hallam broadcasted on 194 medium wave from their offices in Hartshead in the City Centre (just next door to the Sheffield Star building), and local football was a way more important part of their brodcasting than it became later

More on Radio Hallam here - https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/90-radio-hallam/

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I always thought Steve Banyard was very good.

He was really good

We’ve had some fantastic broadcasters in recent years. Paul Walker, Seth Bennett, Luke Whileman and Rob Staton were all outstanding imo. The current lot not so much

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rogers said:

It was a good alternative to Radio Sheffield 

I did a bit of work at "The New Hallam FM" back in the day. Very dedicated team who loved their sport and loved providing the service.  A total lack of "expert" ex-player summarisers - the United guy was a retired teacher as I remember. 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I seem to remember Howard Pressman reporting on Kevin Pressman - what the chances of the both having the same name lol 

And Howard Pressman would have also been a 'press man' too just to mess with your mind a bit more

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I seem to remember Howard Pressman reporting on Kevin Pressman - what the chances of the both having the same name lol 

probably gonna be a whooosh moment here but you do realise they're brothers don't you ?? (both went to my school btw) 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

He was really good

We’ve had some fantastic broadcasters in recent years. Paul Walker, Seth Bennett, Luke Whileman and Rob Staton were all outstanding imo. The current lot not so much

What do you want me to say Seth!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

He was really good

Who in particular when you say current lot?

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who in particular when you say current lot?

I’ve never rated Andy Giddings, Neil Buchan wasn’t great and the other 2 guys who do it now aren’t that great either 

3 hours ago, brian joicey said:

probably gonna be a whooosh moment here but you do realise they're brothers don't you ?? (both went to my school btw) 

Yes I do it was a touch of sarcasm on my part - sorry :bullen: