Chris Waddle on games behind closed doors

7 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

As strange as it has been I've enjoyed the weekend's Bundesliga games. I get Waddle's point but we're a long way from crowds being back. This is the fairest way for me, as long as everything is done in the safest way possible.

This^ Waddle is my favourite Wednesday player but I disagree with him here. It could be a long time before crowds are allowed back into stadiums so what should we do? Sit and wait whilst clubs go to the wall paying wages with zero income? 
It’s interesting during this difficult time how lots of football people are disagreeing with how to resolve the season, but none have a realistic answer how it should be done. Because there isn’t an answer that will appease everyone, so we have to go with the ways that cause the least upset and financial ruin. 

14 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

This^ Waddle is my favourite Wednesday player but I disagree with him here. It could be a long time before crowds are allowed back into stadiums so what should we do? Sit and wait whilst clubs go to the wall paying wages with zero income? 
It’s interesting during this difficult time how lots of football people are disagreeing with how to resolve the season, but none have a realistic answer how it should be done. Because there isn’t an answer that will appease everyone, so we have to go with the ways that cause the least upset and financial ruin. 

Just to add that personally I wouldn’t be playing matches to finish this season my comments about no crowds relate to next season. 

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

You're not on £100,000 thinking about not getting injured with your contract up in a few weeks.

It's conjecture on both sides. There is no perfect solution. I'm a PPG kind of guy but I see the problems with every approach. 

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 09.45.15.jpg

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean football club FC Seoul have apologised after they used sex dolls instead of mannequins to fill seats during a K League match at their empty stadium on Sunday.

Seoul’s match against Gwangju was being played without spectators due to ongoing measures to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.

Some of the dolls had been dressed in the club’s uniform while others were holding placards supporting the team, but fans watching the match on television immediately took to social media to raise doubts about the inflatable spectators.

“Just look at their breasts, they were four times bigger than those of normal mannequins,” one fan wrote on the club’s official Instagram account.

The club issued a statement on Monday saying the supplier had told them the dolls were not “adult products” but apologised for failing to check.

“We wanted to bring some fun elements to the no-fans game and give the message that we can overcome this difficult period,” it said.

“We had confirmed that the mannequins were made as if they were real but had nothing to do with adult products.

“But the problem was we failed to make detailed checks, which is our fault without a doubt.”

The apology cut little ice with shocked fans.

One fan wrote that it was “so obvious” they were sex dolls and that it had undermined FC Seoul’s efforts “to show games for all the family”.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Jack the Hat

To be fair to Waddle he played for Bradford at one point so he knows what he’s talking about with empty stadiums.

Just now, SouthStand75 said:

It’s rubbish but better than no football. One good thing for Waddle during lockdown is that his dodgy haircut fits in with the rest of us at the minute 😂

ha ha true!!

He was ahead of his time with that one!

lol

Owlstalk Shop