Chris Waddle on games behind closed doors

It's about finding season closure. I don't think anyone's arguing that it's about the experience.

Allowing teams to finish what they started is probably the "fairest" conclusion. 

He's absolutely right.  Farcical. It's just 22 men having a kickabout.  Nothing to do with season closure, the season consists of everyone playing each other home and away in front of crowds. Every match under the same conditions. 

Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

Teams with nothing to play for will just go through the motions.

Farce.

if they do they may find with a couple games left they have plenty to play for …...I would think as the table stands theres no team who has  got nothing  to play for .

Watched 5 minutes of the Dortmund game and it looked and sounded like park football. Professional football IMO needs crowds to make it what it is. I also feel sorry for the players, they’ve got to that level and deserve a crowd to play in front of. 

Guest wilyfox

No atmosphere, we get it. Debatable whether this season should be played out, but same scenario likely to be in place for start of next season as well, so needs must. It's that or possibly no football for a year which would destroy clubs. Accept the compromise. 

There is no perfect way. I’ve watched some of the games - weird and unengaging in the main although the Cologne Mainz game today and the Leipzig game yesterday had their moments.  I had a bet on today’s Bayern game which almost made it interesting.

The Premier League with players we know may rise to a 3/10 but that’s not the point I suppose - the point is to finish what they’ve started, 

5 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Teams with nothing to play for will just go through the motions.

Farce.

As they do when fans are there? The players should be professional with fans there or not. That's what they get paid for.  

Does professional pride go out of the window or does it not exist anymore.  If the games are televised, then a player not pulling his weight will still get hounded.

Maybe we could broadcast boo's across the speaker system at Hillsborough

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

There is no perfect way. I’ve watched some of the games - weird and unengaging in the main although the Cologne Mainz game today and the Leipzig game yesterday had their moments.  I had a bet on today’s Bayern game which almost made it interesting.

The Premier League with players we know may rise to a 3/10 but that’s not the point I suppose - the point is to finish what they’ve started, 

Under the same conditions in which they started

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan
9 hours ago, Penfold said:

Watched 5 minutes of the Dortmund game and it looked and sounded like park football. Professional football IMO needs crowds to make it what it is. I also feel sorry for the players, they’ve got to that level and deserve a crowd to play in front of. 

5 minutes...:tango:

You should have stuck around a bit longer, it was a rally good game. Both teams committed and competing as normal, obviously from an atmosphere point of view, it was not good to see but park football?

Yeah that’s just my opinion. I think professional football needs a live audience and that IMO makes it what it is. I couldn’t get in to it but may have to if every team has to play behind closed doors for the foreseeable future.