Real Madrid 3 Wednesday 1

Apologies if already posted but I’ve just stumbled across this footage on a YouTube and I have to admit I had absolutely no memory of this match having taken place.

I was just wondering if anybody did have any memory of it or if any Wednesday fans went over to Spain to watch it.

No doubt if this game were played now it’d be hyped up a lot more but it’s a decent watch none the less.

No idea who our right back is (presumably a trialist) and a cracking goal from John Sheridan, definitely worth a watch.

• Thanks 2

Presumably this was around the time where Jasper Carrot went to the big cheese and said we needed to cough up for Dani as he's never been more certain about a player.

Or when he had a look at Raul on trial in an indoor tournament, but despite Raul wanting to sign, Carrott needed to see him on grass.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Apologies if already posted but I’ve just stumbled across this footage on a YouTube and I have to admit I had absolutely no memory of this match having taken place.

I was just wondering if anybody did have any memory of it or if any Wednesday fans went over to Spain to watch it.

No doubt if this game were played now it’d be hyped up a lot more but it’s a decent watch none the less.

No idea who our right back is (presumably a trialist) and a cracking goal from John Sheridan, definitely worth a watch.

You don't remember Chernikov? Call yourself a fan? lol

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Any idea why ?.....just seems such a random place to play 

Article linked with the video says that mid season we didn't have game for 10 days, so went to Spain and get contacted by Real Madrid to play them in a friendly game.

2 hours ago, malek said:

Article linked with the video says that mid season we didn't have game for 10 days, so went to Spain and get contacted by Real Madrid to play them in a friendly game.

But why cordoba which must be over 300 miles  from madrid .