Here's the £25 million redevelopment plan for opposite the Kop

13 hours ago, Rogers said:

add to the joyous experience..can’t imagine people getting enthused to stand in the cold drinking out if plastic cups waiting to watch us lose. 

It works at major tournament in the sun / summer. It’s great

A winters day after losing to Blackburn at home the previous week and generally being painful to watch, not so sure. Isn’t the game bad enough 

Miserable sod

Sadly I am not sure what you can build there other than the kind of thing being proposed. 

250 new jobs initially sounds great news i do wonder how many will pay a decent wage. 

Or put another way i wonder how many hours somebody will have to work there to be able to buy a potg ticket across the road at Hillsborough.

Still , Its better than nothing ( just )

Edited by Geedee

21 hours ago, Grez Bez said:

It would be hilarious as all the other teams call us that (as cringey as Weeds, Blunts etc...).

I'm sure the blunts used  to call us washday at some point  which is a bit  funny  but Wendy  christ on a bike   did a 10 year old think that one up

On 16/05/2020 at 07:43, edinburghowl said:

Two more drive through restaurants? There’s already Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, and Burger King within walking distance of the ground. Drive through always seem to be fast food. What other crap are they planning on building?

Im intrigued to know what else you think a drive through should serve....24 hour marinated chicken or something?

• Haha 1

The planning permission for this was finally granted on 3rd February 2020. The intention was then to start groundworks in late spring,

The key tenant is Aldi, 

Costa plan having the drive through in front of the aldi, https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/files/0D832CF4C60EA44FA228044CD367BAD4/pdf/20_00717_ADV-13622-B-710_SITE_LOCATION_PLAN-1453331.pdf

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Looks like a perfect site for a branch of Sports Direct (or maybe even the head office?)

Been to their main office shop near chesterfield. Their head office is about the size of Meadowhall all in all

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Drewswfc said:

They can make owt look good in a photo. Look at a big Mac on a advert and it looks big and nice but in reality it's poxy and soggy. 

Exactly, that in the photo isn't a burger

Looks horrible anyway to me lol

I'm siding with the grumpy old men on this.

On 16/05/2020 at 12:36, swfcAH said:

On 16/05/2020 at 12:55, The Horse said:

We need Wendy's.

Like, right now.

This just shows how out of touch the Sun is.

We've already had a Wendys in the UK nearly 30 years ago.

I was managing the Town and Country Cobbler on Baxtergate in Doncaster from 1992 and the pub next door closed down and it reopened not long after as a Wendys.

The Sun FFS!!

7 hours ago, Geedee said:

Sadly I am not sure what you can build there other than the kind of thing being proposed. 

250 new jobs initially sounds great news i do wonder how many will pay a decent wage. 

Or put another way i wonder how many hours somebody will have to work there to be able to buy a potg ticket across the road at Hillsborough.

Still , Its better than nothing ( just )

Anything that gives people meaningful employment and gets them off benefits has to be a plus. Aldi store managers are paid £46-60k a year. Surely that isn’t too shabby. I’d be happy with that as a tick-over wage once I am done with my current employment. 

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

This just shows how out of touch the Sun is.

We've already had a Wendys in the UK nearly 30 years ago.

I was managing the Town and Country Cobbler on Baxtergate in Doncaster from 1992 and the pub next door closed down and it reopened not long after as a Wendys.

The Sun FFS!!

Reading the article it does state that Wendy's had a presence in the UK before but pulled out in 1999 and closed all their restaurants. 

Would be good if the Owls shop was relocated into the new development, knock the old one down and create a fan zone somewhere where it would be comfortable to have a drink and a pie within the ground on match day - and reorganise the entrance and exits to the north stand and Kop.

Don't suppose it will happen the club does not seem to plan anything beyond the next match day under the current regime.

9 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

Would be good if the Owls shop was relocated into the new development, knock the old one down and create a fan zone somewhere where it would be comfortable to have a drink and a pie within the ground on match day - and reorganise the entrance and exits to the north stand and Kop.

Don't suppose it will happen the club does not seem to plan anything beyond the next match day under the current regime.

That's a decent shout, use the existing club shop site as large match day bar/cafe/eating/hub type place