Here's the £25 million redevelopment plan for opposite the Kop

penistone-road-dev-1000x600.jpg

THE APPLICATION, WHICH INCLUDES PLANS FOR RETAIL AND DRIVE-THRU RESTAURANTS, WAS CONSIDERED BY SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL'S PLANNING AND HIGHWAYS COMMITTEE ON 19 NOVEMBER LAST YEAR

A proposed £25m redevelopment of a site opposite Hillsborough Stadium currently used as a car park on match days looks set to be granted planning permission next week.

Jaguar Estates and Bridges Fund Management submitted plans earlier this year for the former Kennings Truck Centre, which closed in the mid-1980s, and are seeking full planning for the demolition of the remaining buildings on the site and construction of a new mixed-use development providing about 135,000 sq ft of space.

The new scheme will comprise three retail units, eight storage and distribution units, two drive-thru restaurants and a vehicle maintenance and repair unit. It has been estimated that up to 250 jobs could be created by the site.

The application was considered by Sheffield City Council's Planning and Highways Committee on 19 November last year. An officer's report prepared for the meeting recommends that consent is granted, subject to conditions.

The report said: "The proposal would provide significant economic benefits derived from the creation of new business development and employment opportunities.

"It is considered that there are no adverse effects that significantly outweigh the benefits of the proposed development."

It also noted the potential impact on Hillsborough Exchange shopping centre and the Halifax Road and the Catch Bar Lane local centres, but said this could be managed with conditions.

Owlstalk Shop

Nope not really

I live two mins away from here and can’t see (yet) what advantages it would have to the retail in Hillsborough or Wadsley Bridge either side of it

But then it just sounds like I’m a grumpy old man who thinks I just like the good old days when everything was better.

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

More drive through restaurants (in the loosest sense) =more litter chucked from cars. Not needed at all. 

To be fair I’ve not seen any litter chucked from cars around any of the other drive thrus in Hillsborough at all

In fact not ever

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Two more drive through restaurants? There’s already Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, and Burger King within walking distance of the ground. Drive through always seem to be fast food. What other crap are they planning on building?

Yeah all the others are literally ten seconds drive away

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair I’ve not seen any litter chucked from cars around any of the other drive thrus in Hillsborough at all

In fact not ever

Your eyes must be painted on..... Iceland car park opposite KFC full of KFC litter. clay wheels lane full of fast food litter as well as fly tipping. First dam car park at rivilin every morning is full of fast food litter what some lazy tw@ts drop out of their car window instead of getting out of their car and putting in the bin that's 5 yards away. The road that runs round the back of the dog track full of fast food litter. Open your eyes. 

29 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Your eyes must be painted on..... Iceland car park opposite KFC full of KFC litter. clay wheels lane full of fast food litter as well as fly tipping. First dam car park at rivilin every morning is full of fast food litter what some lazy tw@ts drop out of their car window instead of getting out of their car and putting in the bin that's 5 yards away. The road that runs round the back of the dog track full of fast food litter. Open your eyes. 

JS72834296.jpg

Alreyt!

Calm down!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

In fact not ever

We get loads chucked in our garden from cars, we live on Hillsborough Place, we get Macca's stuff, Beres all sorts. Cars pull up, owners finish their food, then just lob it out the window.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

In fact not ever

Because you have to drive away to eat it. The discarded burger boxes get dropped miles away.