The Old New Old Sheffield Wednesday badge

2 hours ago, Miffed said:

image.jpeg.226f4df230a534a91de79181056eb736.jpeg

Our logo is head and shoulders above the OVO and Bellroy designs. Cleaner, sharper, and despite being nearly fifty years old, more in keeping with current design trends, especially for a sports brand.

I wonder how many multi million pound designer brands will copy our latest offering? Personally I'd be up in arms if my daughter's U11 team were forced to turn out wearing it

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Who will be paying for the replacement logos on the outside of the South Stand and Kop?

:biggrin:

If DC ever leaves, rip them down and build a bonfire. Charge fans a fiver to watch them go up in flames. Make it the symbolic highlight of the Chansiri Out celebrations

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like I am on my own here, I love the new old badge, more in keeping with the one I grew up with.  Hated it when they changed it to cartoon stick Owl, happy with current one.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest struckanerve

Out of interest, who out of Derby County and ourselves made their badge first, because their ram badge is a very similar style.

Edited by struckanerve

10 hours ago, struckanerve said:

Out of interest, who out of Derby County and ourselves made their badge first, because their ram badge is a very similar style.

A quick Google shows Derby's badge was introduced in 1971 so a couple of years earlier. It's similar but not quite as well executed in my opinion. 

Whilst on the subject, I had a look at two of my favourites, Birmingham City and Oxford United. Turns out the famous anthropologist and football nut Desmond Morris designed Oxfords in 1979 while Birmingham's was designed in 1971 by an amateur fan who entered a competition in the local paper. Neither have changed theirs much since and why would they?

Guest Grez Bez

The best badges are us (not the current poo ), Derby and Forest.

Minimalist, iconic, classy.

Guest Jack the Hat
18 hours ago, hk_owl said:

We’ve pretty much handed the logo over to Bellroy and October’s Very Own - two premium brands who are doing quite well off of it.

OVO, a company founded in 2011, are now taking legal action over the logo of a company founded in 2013 (Bellroy) and demanding a share of profits...

IMO Chansiri and his lawyers should honour the legacy of Robert Walker and his amazing design - and get involved.

Dunno about Ovo but bellroy emblem is a rip off of our owl. I once bought a wallet from them and all my mates thought it was a Wednesday wallet. I actually sent them an e mail for a laugh saying they had copied Wednesday and they sent one back saying they had never heard of us. Think they are based in Australia. Chansiri should get involved.

23 hours ago, Miffed said:

image.jpeg.226f4df230a534a91de79181056eb736.jpeg

In a world where many large corporations around the world are reverting to simple and very minimalistic logos, this would have been absolutely perfect. Easily recognisable the world over.

Agreed 

Bellroy being a good example 

Guest Grez Bez

The best thing Wednesday could do us create a link with Drake given his logo ripped ours off.

Great publicity, great way to get youngsters interested again.

If I was clever enough I'd knock up a kit sponsored by OvO.

@Karl @Drake Sabre @Blue and white

I don't mind the current badge at all but this logo is iconic, prefer it with the thicker, bolder blue lines and no shield surrounding it, just the Owl.