The Old New Old Sheffield Wednesday badge

It's like when Royal Mail changed it's name to Consignia, what the hell does that even mean? One of the oldest, respected and recognisable names going, binned for something that sounds like a cheap deodorant. 

They had the good sense in the end to change it back, like we should with the badge, the current one is just a cr4p Oldham.

It's iconic and instantly recognisable to most football fans in the UK, some brands pay millions of pounds to achieve that but we have cast it aside in favour of something with much less impact.  Its not that I hate the new badge, just that its nowhere near as good as this

Guest hk_owl

We’ve pretty much handed the logo over to Bellroy and October’s Very Own - two premium brands who are doing quite well off of it.

OVO, a company founded in 2011, are now taking legal action over the logo of a company founded in 2013 (Bellroy) and demanding a share of profits...

IMO Chansiri and his lawyers should honour the legacy of Robert Walker and his amazing design - and get involved.

42 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I prefer the current badge. 

I'm with you, the badge on the 97 shirt is my favourite. 

I appreciate I go against the majority but I never really liked the minimalist owl however i feel the club is missing out on revenue by not using it on merchandise as there is a great demand for it.