Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, The Claw said:

Consumer rights - refund it is

 

Consumer rights have gone out of window now, a lot of travel companies are only offering credit notes, if want a cash refund you have to wait which could be up to 6 months or more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

Consumer rights have gone out of window now, a lot of travel companies are only offering credit notes, if want a cash refund you have to wait which could be up to 6 months or more. 

If I cancel they keep my doe, they cancel I get my doe either from swfc or efl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People should be entitled to a refund, yes. I'd imagine most will gratefully accept one to make up in some small way to replace lost income. 

 

It's admirable that some 35% would forego a refund,  however if I were in their shoes I'd be waiting for the players to forego a hefty percentage of their obscene salaries too,  as season ticket income will contribute to said salaries.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can live with the current season. But not prepared to write off 2 season tickets for next season, think we have paid for a product and it may not be delivered so refunds would be required, all about contract law I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the minute all clubs care about is finishing the 2019/20 season and with that in mind I'm not expecting or looking for a refund and ifollow (or whatever platform) will be home I access the remaining games.

 

Next season (whenever it starts) is a different kettle of fish, It will be the same for us to start with 8, 10, 12 games behind closed doors etc, but I don't think we'll get a refund though instead you will be offered a discount on the 21/22 ST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

At the minute all clubs care about is finishing the 2019/20 season and with that in mind I'm not expecting or looking for a refund and ifollow (or whatever platform) will be home I access the remaining games.

 

Next season (whenever it starts) is a different kettle of fish, It will be the same for us to start with 8, 10, 12 games behind closed doors etc, but I don't think we'll get a refund though instead you will be offered a discount on the 21/22 ST

They will have to offer you a refund

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have none of you recieved the cut price taxi Dtaxi coupon and the 10 free cans of Elevate?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Have none of you recieved the cut price taxi Dtaxi coupon and the 10 free cans of Elevate?

:image:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lombado said:

sing it to me again?

 

We’re by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

 

I sang it in E major 🎼

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

They will have to offer you a refund

They will, expect all clubs will email st holders and appeal that they really need the support of fans in the difficult time and if possible can you give us £600 for no reason so we can invest it wisely....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bradowl said:

I should think the players are on less money now than they normally get, they'll probably be no bonuses and appearance money that is usually written into contracts. 

 

It can be a big chunk for some players. 

 

It must be terrible for them. They didn't earn a bonus between Christmas and March when they were playing so not much difference in that perspective. 

Which of our current first team squad do you think will be struggling as a result of only being paid 100% of their basic salary for not doing the main part of their job for the past two months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Nowt to do with being a "Super fan", I am no better fan than any one else and it is childish to suggest any thing else, but I have had a S/T for the same seat for the last 50 years, and in that time I have always worked on shifts, Day, afters and nights and later 12 hrs, so I wasn't able to attend ALL the home games until I retired.

But at no time did I even think of requesting a refund for the games I could not attend and I see no reason to request one now.

It is the modern thinking of the litigation era.

 

That's a bit different though, those were games you couldn't attend through your own circumstances, the games still went ahead. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:


The thing I struggle to understand is that it was only a few months back (and possibly this still happens) that our fans were screaming that we had an owner that was absolutely MINTED but couldn't spend his money due to FFP.

Fans were ranting and furious about it.

"Why can't our chairman spend his zillions of pounds?"was the cry (and still is)

"It's unfair! He's loaded. He should be able to spend his money if he wants to" was the call from fans


But this week it's "we should all not ask for refunds as we need to save our club" like we're back it the financial ashes of the 1970's or summat

It doesn't stack up..

Sorry but this whole 'I'm not going to ask for a refund' as though it's some kind of noble thing to do is ok, but then don't be coming screaming and shouting about our minted chairman not being allowed to spaff his money all over the shop.

 

FFS

(not aimed at you Adelph - just a point in general)

 

lol

 

 

The rules are different though aren't they, he can't just put his hand in his pocket to cover any losses now as P&S doesn't allow it. It would be ludicrous to think that the EFL would block club owners from financially assisting their clubs as a result of this crisis but this is the EFL we are talking about.

 

Aside from that, I think the break from the game has made a few supporters take a step back and look at the state of professional football in this country as a whole. Some who may indeed have been wanting the owners to be able to bankroll their clubs as much as their deep pockets could allow them have taken a step back, looked at it from another angle and considered that players at our level are getting paid too much and clubs should not have to risk going beyond their means in the quest to reach 'the promised land'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

The rules are different though aren't they, he can't just put his hand in his pocket to cover any losses now as P&S doesn't allow it. It would be ludicrous to think that the EFL would block club owners from financially assisting their clubs as a result of this crisis but this is the EFL we are talking about.


Yeah the EFL are going to have to change as pretty much every single one of their clubs is in crisis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

It must be terrible for them. They didn't earn a bonus between Christmas and March when they were playing so not much difference in that perspective. 

Which of our current first team squad do you think will be struggling as a result of only being paid 100% of their basic salary for not doing the main part of their job for the past two months?

 

Of course they earned a bonus since Christmas, beat Leeds, Charlton in league and had cup wins at Brighton and QPR, :tongue:

anyway some bonuses are just based on appearances.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bradowl said:

 

Of course they earned a bonus since Christmas, beat Leeds, Charlton in league and had cup wins at Brighton and QPR, :tongue:

anyway some bonuses are just based on appearances.  

 

Good for them, should just about see them through these difficult times then.

 

Do you think they would struggle to cope if they had taken a cut like many other workers in the country have had to do? Our wage bill in our last accounts was over £40M. I doubt the majority of that went on the staff in the club shop and admin who were furloughed some time ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Good for them, should just about see them through these difficult times then.

 

Do you think they would struggle to cope if they had taken a cut like many other workers in the country have had to do? Our wage bill in our last accounts was over £40M. I doubt the majority of that went on the staff in the club shop and admin who were furloughed some time ago. 

 

I thought all staff at club were on full pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

I thought all staff at club were on full pay.

 

The non playing staff are, thanks to the fact that the owner has agreed to pay the remaining 20% while the government funds 80% of their salary, up to £2,500 per month.

 

The players meanwhile continue to take 100% of their significantly higher wages out of the club having not done anything since early March (for a fair few this represents little change to what they were doing for much of the previous 3 months). 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2020 at 20:26, TodwickOwl said:

Can we be given the chance to give a % back on the basis the chairman will wake the f*ck up at the club and bring in the necessary heads to run a club properly with a senior leadership team in place for next year? 
 

If so - keep all my money, and I’ll give you some more 

And that’s why I want mine back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like a refund after 30th June when a load of players have departed & it frees up some cash, but not before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...