Jack Stobbs signs off at Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Kagoshimaowl
18 hours ago, horny owl said:

I would guess the trouble starts higher than Monk

Chansiri is the problem 

Ok blame both but getting rid of Chansiri is difficult whereas getting rid of Monk is easy!!

19 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever see the kind of communication with regards to our academy like we see at some other clubs?

Also reading Stobbs’ comments about Monk and the squad, it doesn’t seem an happy camp but I’m sure someone will be along in a minute to question why I have read his comments like I have? 🤣

It’s quite obvious that we won’t have a happy camp

The fans & Monk want rid of about 80% of the squad 

11 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Not that I don't think Stobbs has got to the stage now where he should move on but it does make you wonder if Penney will get the same treatment. Monk won't haver seen him play or train, will he be just let go when his contract is up without the chance to impress the manager.

Surely Monk will have discussed the players merits with his staff and took they recommendations. 

Penny who has a higher profile will not doubt be discussed with all concerned and you would think that reports of his progress will be gleaned from club he is playing for in Germany.   

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Surely Monk will have discussed the players merits with his staff and took they recommendations. 

Penny who has a higher profile will not doubt be discussed with all concerned and you would think that reports of his progress will be gleaned from club he is playing for in Germany.   

Monk already stated that he is a fan of Penney and was very close to recalling him from his loan stint in Germany.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You would like to think that's what would happen but i'm not so confident.

I would expect the manager to want to see a player for himself before making a decision.

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

It is obvious that there is discontent in the 'camp', but we all seem to be putting this into 3 distinct parts The Chairman, the Manager and the Players.! It seems to be taken for grant that the 'camp' or more strictly the playing staff, are almost always seen as one unit. If this is so, its completely different to any group of men I have worked with, for or over. If things go wrong, the easiest thing is to move or sack the Manager. 

I was working at one pit, years ago, when they went through almost as many Managers as Wednesday. After a change of manager, I was talking to a group of men who asked me what the new man was like. 'We'll soon knock him into shape, or get him sacked.' they said openly. This was the tactic of a certain bunch, some of the top men, but by all means not all.

Is our dressing room a little like that , where some of the established players think they know best and the others must fall into line?

Cliques  for in all walks of life, but especially in closed environments like dressing rooms

We cured our problem by biting the bullet, and out facing the troubled.

maybe there are cliques in the dressing room.?

20 hours ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Like managers gone before?   I'm not a monk fan but it's plain to see that a lot of these players have been here too long  and well past there sell by date,  can pull in performance when in mood but soon as a bit of pressure  they crumble.  As for stobbs  how do you know he's not had  him watch?  In interviews monk has said they kept an eye on penny.  But when things are not right on pitch we look for every little thing of it to be outraged!  "pies are a degree too cold". "can't get a beach towel  in December"  yes there are real problems  on and off pitch  but these types of  thing in my opinion just non sense!   Just like when we win more than two game on trot it's "hms wee wee league" 

December is just about the only time you can get a beach towel from the Owls store! :bullen: