Nothing sorted yet and the methods being considered could send us up or they could send us down. A season in the third tier wouldn't fuss me too much if it was on the back of the EFL Bureaucrats. Yes I'd be peed off but at least we would have the consolation of a mathematical stitch up calculated on the basis rigging our relegation.  

On 12/05/2020 at 14:22, OhForAnotherShez said:

SO, the EFL wanted to know before how many points to deduct.

EFL don’t deduct points, it’s not called an Independent panel for nothing 

Still, id be absolutely amazed if the EFL are prepared to take the risk of getting involved in that inevitable legal battle 

52 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I hope it was a contentious controversial goal.

Actually it was 8 one thousandths of a goal  0-0 did before the game with Spurs where we joined spurs if and only if the two sides drew 0-0. We duly obliged and both sides shied away from converting chances.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Actually it was 8 one thousandths of a goal  0-0 did before the game with Spurs where we joined spurs if and only if the two sides drew 0-0. We duly obliged and both sides shied away from converting chances.  

Tragic and unimaginative comment spoiler alert.....

You could say this is a  bit like our team this season then? 

:bullen:

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A few other things worth noting - under 3 points for a win, we would have finished 4th. United won their final game 5-0 - if they'd have got another, we'd have needed to beat Spurs. Southampton, who also finished with 52 points, beat both Sheffield teams 1-0 in the run-in. Had they drawn or lost to United, United would have gone up. Had they won both games 2-0, they would have gone up if all the other results had stayed the same. They could still have gone up by thrashing West Ham while we played Spurs, but they could only win 3-2.

22 minutes ago, Sova said:

A few other things worth noting - under 3 points for a win, we would have finished 4th. United won their final game 5-0 - if they'd have got another, we'd have needed to beat Spurs. Southampton, who also finished with 52 points, beat both Sheffield teams 1-0 in the run-in. Had they drawn or lost to United, United would have gone up. Had they won both games 2-0, they would have gone up if all the other results had stayed the same. They could still have gone up by thrashing West Ham while we played Spurs, but they could only win 3-2.

We had 5 gates of over 50,000 that season, averaging 43,000 I think.

1 hour ago, Sova said:

The following year we won 3 of our 4 penultimate games. Yet for the final game of the season we set ourselves the task of beating Everton 13-0 to avoid relegation. We hit the woodwork no end of times and missed several sitters. Yet we only managed to net 6 of the 13 required so more than 41,000 had to go home in a miserable state. My Dad tells me we should have had 10 with half an hour to go, he felt it would have been on with a little more care in front of goal.