0_GettyImages-1149591992.jpg

According to the Yorkshire Post, the EFL have calculated that we will 'finish' the season on 59.84 points in 14th place.

And for all of you pessimists out there that is 9.76 points above 22nd placed Charlton who finish on 50.08.....

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

According to the Yorkshire Post, the EFL have calculated that we will 'finish' the season on 59.84 points in 14th place.

And for all of you pessimists out there that is 9.76 points above 22nd placed Charlton who finish on 50.08.....

I can beat that my old man told me of the year we beat the blades to promotion by 1 goal.

http://www.footballsite.co.uk/Statistics/Seasons/1949-50/Div21949-50.htm

lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Didn't they sue any officials?

I think the old old rules were based on average goals conceded, it then change to goals scored. The bit on the side explains it we got promoted by being 0.007 of a goal better.

A little more recent the promotion when we beat them to the championship, was just a brilliant season and we made so much ground up they had points and games in hand on us and we just kept winning. Though sky did help our games always seemed to be on before SUFC played, adding a little pressure each time.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

I think the old old rules were based on average goals conceded, it then change to goals scored. The bit on the side explains it we got promoted by being 0.007 of a goal better.

A little more recent the promotion when we beat them to the championship, was just a brilliant season and we made so much ground up they had points and games in hand on us and we just kept winning. Though sky did help our games always seemed to be on before SUFC played, adding a little pressure each time.

The old system was dividing the number of goals scored by the number conceded, if I remember correctly

7 hours ago, Nero said:

It would be amazing if the season was curtailed, that calculation used, we were docked 9 points by the FL and stayed up by 0.76 points. 

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Nero said:

And our last win was against Charlton

• Haha 4

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.