In other news, Sheffield In Lockdown

17 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Thought i put a couple videos up too compare then and now, one turn of the twentieth century the other from the 60's.

Funny thing is the lack of trees in the city centre and the route taken  trees appear only where the parks are situated.

This is bang on.

Some of these recent protestors have somehow managed to convince the Sheffield public that our city centre was all festooned with trees lining every road you walked down, and that there was no concrete anywhere.

But again - look at the video evidence - it's simply not true.

These people have managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

I hope this thread and the pics/videos within it prove that looking at things with your own eyes, instead of just believing a ranty person on the internet. Your own experiences will always prove to be the reality.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is bang on.

Some of these recent protestors have somehow managed to convince the Sheffield public that our city centre was all festooned with trees lining every road you walked down, and that there was no concrete anywhere.

But again - look at the video evidence - it's simply not true.

These people have managed to pull the wool over everyone's eyes.

I hope this thread and the pics/videos within it prove that looking at things with your own eyes instead of just believing a ranty person on the internet will always prove to be the reality.

Although I agree 100% with what you are saying, have you really just said that? :ph34r:lol

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2020 at 08:16, @owlstalk said:

Fitzalan-Square-Visual-4-Grey-granite.jpg

There was a huge outcry by those against the old trees being ripped out of Fitzalan Square.

There were demonstrations, letters to the media, a small group making a lot of noise about it

Turns out the old trees were always going to be replaced with new fresh trees.

And that's exactly what happened and Fitzalan Square has never looked as good as it does today.

Is Wigfalls still there..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Just out of picture to the right is where the human Feaces usually sits, follow the flies, you will soon find it, resting gently on a urine dew.

103298255_Screenshot2020-05-13at15_07_21.thumb.jpg.89292ac223fd04d5b1f84e1dc4ee20f1.jpg

There's a much MUCH MUCH worse place in Sheffield for that kind of action.

Wheats Lane, which is a little known old alleyway just off Paradise Square has to be the most gut wrenching experience I've ever had walking the streets of Sheffield City Centre.

Used as a toilet basically, but the people using it had been very very ill indeed.

Like REALLY ill levels of being ill.

I felt really sorry for whoever it was. Hope they're ok and get help soon.

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

103298255_Screenshot2020-05-13at15_07_21.thumb.jpg.89292ac223fd04d5b1f84e1dc4ee20f1.jpg

There's a much MUCH MUCH worse place in Sheffield for that kind of action.

Wheats Lane, which is a little known old alleyway just off Paradise Square has to be the most gut wrenching experience I've ever had walking the streets of Sheffield City Centre.

Used as a toilet basically, but the people using it had been very very ill indeed.

Like REALLY ill levels of being ill.

I felt really sorry for whoever it was. Hope they're ok and get help soon.

I remember seeing an homeless guy take a cr4p against the wall of TJ Hughes when it was on Furnival Gate/High St, it oozed gracefully down the wall, leaving a lovely fresco that said guy was very proud of, it looked very much like that next to the wheelie bin, I think he's the Phantom raspberry Blower of old Sheffield Town.

Guest The Horse
4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Some poor bugger will have opened that door and stepped straight into that.

He could've at least laid that by the wall.

On 11/05/2020 at 19:49, @owlstalk said:

I wouldn't normally post non SWFC stuff in here but thought people might be reassured a little during lockdown to see that Sheffield City Centre is doing ok, looking clean and beautiful, and ready for us when we go back to it...

Stay safe everyone x

For anyone who's not seen this video yet

Owlstalk Shop

On 13/05/2020 at 09:41, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 09.37.37.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 09.37.49.jpg

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 09.38.26.jpg

Does anyone remember the old approach to Fitzalan Square from Arundel Gate?

This is Esperanto Place that leads into Fitzalan Square

Does anyone recall how dark, sketchy and grotty it used to feel? 

It came in very handy when i used to come out of Roxy's at 2am usually with a fat bird.