The Wednesday Week Lockdown Specials

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Focus on the positives, ignore or report the trolls, and crack on 👍

Two of my grandad's favourite sayings spring immediately to mind when describing trolls and bullies:-

1) "Once they start calling you names, you have won the argument" and,

2) "Empty cans make the most rattle"

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 05:15, TWW Vic said:

I've been told to kill myself on social media for being on this podcast. I've had people tell me they wish my Dad had died so they didn't have to hear me "harp on" about prostate cancer any more.

I've had at least 20 posts on this website saying I'm "the worst" and whenever I post I get some sort of abuse.

So no, not that odd, considering. 

Well personally I like the podcast.  I think you all do a great job and I also think it is good to bring attention to prostate cancer as too many people leave their head in the sand and don't get it checked when they should. Keep up the good work. That's just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 05:15, TWW Vic said:

I've been told to kill myself on social media for being on this podcast. I've had people tell me they wish my Dad had died so they didn't have to hear me "harp on" about prostate cancer any more.

I've had at least 20 posts on this website saying I'm "the worst" and whenever I post I get some sort of abuse.

Haven't listened to the podcast in a while, but when I did I always enjoyed it. Either way, nothing justifies the vitriol. Not worth responding to.

The video below always gives me a good chuckle.

• Haha 1

On 13/05/2020 at 13:26, cowl said:

Agreed. Felt he was severely under-used by Laws (in fact I even seem to remember Laws admitting as much later).

Would certainly have preferred him in there ahead of JOC.

xavi aside , there was nobody better at that role than the mighty Irish warrior. 

• Haha 2

Guest Grez Bez

It's sad that you have to open with 

"Please don't reply to this with abuse / slating me or my friends" 😔

ill give this a go today. 👍

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

xavi aside , there was nobody better at that role than the mighty Irish warrior. 

Yeah, I didn't mean to cause the personal offence, of course! Your first season with us was okay, I suppose.

2 hours ago, TWW Vic said:

We have Jon Newsome joining us tonight at 8pm

It baffles me how Wednesday fans can slate something Wednesday specific....It must act as a sorta cure cos they can't actually criticise owt else at the minute cos we're not playing...

fundamentally unhappy folk who really do need to slate something else simply for the sake of it.

Keep 'em coming Vics....I love listening to anything Wednesday related...Its even better that I know at least we haven't bloody lost!

On 15/05/2020 at 10:15, TWW Vic said:

Outrageous that is, absolutely baffles me, something seriously wrong with some people , every time I read the SWFC hashtag on social media these days I’m generally more and more embarrassed to call myself a Wednesdayite with some of the absolute bile that gets thrown about by these ‘big hard’ characters who need to hide behind a keyboard to poke fun at people doing worthwhile stuff they probably ain’t got the intelligence or balls to do themselfs 

I’ve listened to a few of the podcasts and enjoyed them , but I generally do enjoy anything Wednesday related !  

3 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

It baffles me how Wednesday fans can slate something Wednesday specific....It must act as a sorta cure cos they can't actually criticise owt else at the minute cos we're not playing...

fundamentally unhappy folk who really do need to slate something else simply for the sake of it.

Keep 'em coming Vics....I love listening to anything Wednesday related...Its even better that I know at least we haven't bloody lost!

Errrrr.....this podcast actually itself sometimes slates Wednesday players managers etc but is apparently beyond criticism?

Well sorry but I'm not keen. I wish it well though and I know it's got lots of subscribers.

I think the original comments were more about abusive trolling and are fair enough.