The Wednesday Week Lockdown Specials

Hi all

Please don't reply to this with abuse / slating me or my friends... I'm only sharing as some people may be interested to know that we are hosting a live video podcast with Miguel Llera tonight (11/05) at 8pm GMT. You can watch it on our Facebook page but we will upload the audio and video afterwards.

Like I said, I'm very aware from previous posts that the podcast isn't to everybody's taste, but I'm really not wanting abuse or being told how garbage I am right now.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, GHS said:

I used to like Sean Mac, tidy little player.

This young lad Hunt reminds me of him.

Agreed. Felt he was severely under-used by Laws (in fact I even seem to remember Laws admitting as much later).

Would certainly have preferred him in there ahead of JOC.

• Like 1

What an odd way to start a thread. 

OP - If you're going to put yourself out there in the public its unrealistic not to expect criticism, naturally some of it will be unfounded, you can't take it to heart.

Anyway will give it a listen, cheers. 

7 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

What an odd way to start a thread. 

OP - If you're going to put yourself out there in the public its unrealistic not to expect criticism, naturally some of it will be unfounded, you can't take it to heart.

Anyway will give it a listen, cheers. 

I've been told to kill myself on social media for being on this podcast. I've had people tell me they wish my Dad had died so they didn't have to hear me "harp on" about prostate cancer any more.

I've had at least 20 posts on this website saying I'm "the worst" and whenever I post I get some sort of abuse.

So no, not that odd, considering. 

8 minutes ago, TWW Vic said:

I've been told to kill myself on social media for being on this podcast. I've had people tell me they wish my Dad had died so they didn't have to hear me "harp on" about prostate cancer any more.

I've had at least 20 posts on this website saying I'm "the worst" and whenever I post I get some sort of abuse.

Whenever I see a FB or twitter post or indeed if I post something myself I have this motto. “Never read the comments”

There are too many trolls and haters out there and they’re not worth your time. 

I think your stuff is ace and you’re a top person to boot. Never back down. 

Jon 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TWW Vic said:

Of course, that is awful, but the minority of low lifes saying that are not representative of the wider population. It's a vocal 0.01%.

Starting off your post with "Please don't reply to this with abuse / slating me or my friends" just makes people focus more on this rather than the actual content of the thread. Simply by us discussing this is detracting from the point. I'm guessing the majority of people reading this had no idea about this before now.

As I've said you've decided to put yourself in the public eye, so the odd troll is going to occur, it's a very unfortunate part of life these days.

Just continue doing what you clearly enjoy and ignore or report the trolls.