20/21 Season Tickets

Personally I don't believe that there is an alternative other than refunds, it would be another massive PR mistake if the club thought fans should accept anything else, nobody expects to make a retail purchase and not receive the product they have paid for in full, regardless of any individuals who may be happy to accept an alternative product out of a feeling of loyalty or 'goodwill', what confidence would future potential season ticket buyers have ?

Mr Chansiri has pushed the season ticket approach at a cost to those who choose to pay on a match by match basis, which in turn has meant a lesser uptake of pay on the gate custom, or put another way a loss of custom in some cases, if the club abuses season ticket holders over this the future will really be bleak.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Another idea adding to my previous posts is a face mask given to each supporter entering ground. 

Government advisor just been on BBC News channel just said they don’t really make any difference and are just there to give people a feeling of safety 

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, OwlsMan1961 said:

Personally I don't believe that there is an alternative other than refunds, it would be another massive PR mistake if the club thought fans should accept anything else, nobody expects to make a retail purchase and not receive the product they have paid for in full, regardless of any individuals who may be happy to accept an alternative product out of a feeling of loyalty or 'goodwill', what confidence would future potential season ticket buyers have ?

Mr Chansiri has pushed the season ticket approach at a cost to those who choose to pay on a match by match basis, which in turn has meant a lesser uptake of pay on the gate custom, or put another way a loss of custom in some cases, if the club abuses season ticket holders over this the future will really be bleak.

Depends on a combination of terms and conditions and whether he can afford it I suppose. The travel industry is trying to get away with vouchers. 

I know i'm going to go against the grain here - but refunds aren't really an option.

OK, so there is not great real solution - but we paid into something we wanted.    That was not the clubs fault.

The club still has overheads etc.     I'm out of pocket, many of my fellow fans are out of pocket, the club is out of pocket - it's a complete piece of poo that none of us want.

Can I live with being out of pocket for the ST?   Yeah, it's not ideal but I can.

I'm sure that somewhere down the line Karma will hit me and the club will say "thank you" in some way.

I'm not thinking of the players, i'm thinking of the other staff.

• Thanks 4

Both me and Grandson have 3 year left on our 5 year season ticket

I think it depends if games are played behind closed doors , if so I would accept the ability to watch, free of charge, both home and away matches on iplayer, perhaps they could also mail a matchday programme to every season ticket holder.

I doubt if they could do Free cup games going forward when we can return due to how income is split with the opposition and the current rules requiring both teams to agree/accept pricing structure  and pricing for both home/away fans to be the same.

I personally cannot see us getting back to Hillsborough to see games until 2021

10 minutes ago, Carole Baskin said:

I know i'm going to go against the grain here - but refunds aren't really an option.

OK, so there is not great real solution - but we paid into something we wanted.    That was not the clubs fault.

The club still has overheads etc.     I'm out of pocket, many of my fellow fans are out of pocket, the club is out of pocket - it's a complete piece of poo that none of us want.

Can I live with being out of pocket for the ST?   Yeah, it's not ideal but I can.

I'm sure that somewhere down the line Karma will hit me and the club will say "thank you" in some way.

I'm not thinking of the players, i'm thinking of the other staff.

I could just about live with that for this season but not next. 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Depends on a combination of terms and conditions and whether he can afford it I suppose. The travel industry is trying to get away with vouchers. 

I paid for three as i do every season, my consumer rights will be shared by quite a few others who would be within their right to a expect a refund, the purchase of tickets is technically a contract, if the club is expected to uphold the contracts they have with the players why not the supporters ?

The travel industry can only dish out vouchers to those who are 'willing' to accept them for another holiday in the future, those consumers also have the right to be refunded if I'm not mistaken,one problem that hopefully won't occur but could, is what if there is a future outbreak that offsets next season further or again ?

1 minute ago, pahowl said:

Both me and Grandson have 3 year left on our 5 year season ticket

I think it depends if games are played behind closed doors , if so I would accept the ability to watch, free of charge, both home and away matches on iplayer, perhaps they could also mail a matchday programme to every season ticket holder.

I doubt if they could do Free cup games going forward when we can return due to how income is split with the opposition and the current rules requiring both teams to agree/accept pricing structure  and pricing for both home/away fans to be the same.

I personally cannot see us getting back to Hillsborough to see games until 2021

Sod that it's equivalent to £70 to watch the game on a platform that hardly ever works with a few hundred watching it let alone 20k + season ticket holders trying to log on . Will never work.

3 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

I reckon there’s a chance, and it’s only my guess, that later in the year maybe Christmas time, venues might be allowed to admit fans in reduced numbers. 

Just my guess, not seen this anywhere. 

But L1 and 2 teams will die with no fans, they’ll lose money week on week. I reckon if the infection rate is well under control they may allow say 30% of capacity in, maybe 3000 on the kop etc. Ensure fans spread out 

Who knows

Just a guess

On Boris's new five point scale, he has said the threat must be at level one before large groups can come together

level 1 is no risk of Covid 19, how will that be possible, so until he changes his mind again football will go on, or not with out fans 

54 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I'm expecting and will be demanding a full pro rata refund for any games we're not allowed to attend this season and next season. 

Me too. We've paid for a product that we haven't received and under consumer law we are entitled to a refund. I've been loyal to SWFC for over 50 years but I'm not going to pay for something I haven't had. Doesn't matter whose "fault" it is (it isn't anyones) the product has not been delivered. 

I'm losing heavily on the stock market through no fault of my own but I'm not complaining, that's life, and I'm losing in other areas too so I want my money back. 

I would be devastated if SWFC went bust but, as someone else said, the players don't seem to care, I don't see them helping the club out at all. Stewards, turnstile operators, shops and pubs around the ground, the owner are all taking massive hits. I don't see why I should take one so people on 5-25,000 a week can carry on the high life.

45 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Another idea adding to my previous posts is a face mask given to each supporter entering ground. 

They would be useless after wearing them for nearly 2 hours at a match, so you would have to change them a few times and dispose of the old ones safely, so unless someone walks around every so often with a clinical waste bag, it wont be possible

Happy to watch both the home and away games on tv for the rest of the season for the remaining value of this year’s season ticket 

If we aren’t to be let back in the stadium for the start of next season, which looks likely, then I’d want a refund or move my season ticket to the 21/22 season

If and when 20/21 season gets going I’d happily then buy a pro rata season ticket for the remaining games 

Given there's roughly 20,000 season tickets at the moment, there will be people with them from all financial circumstances.

I think the best option the club can do is offer refunds, whilst also giving fans alternative options, such as tickets to cup games, reductions on future tickets, or even letting the club keep it.  Those who are able to take the hit have the option to invest some money in the club, who will be suffering much like any other business.  Those who are finding things difficult could get some much needed money back.

I can only see this as the best option for both parties, both for current season ticket holders, and those who have bought for next season already, or have multi year tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I want my money back unless the players take a significant pay cut. I don’t see why everyone else in the game should suffer and they walk off into the sunset with full wages. 

This is where people may or may not understand the future.

Things in football are about to change - a haircut?  OMG no, worse than that -  Football is due a reset, and this is that.

Wages will be culled to a manageable level, and any player not on board will find they are playing lower level once out of contract and not on board.

9 minutes ago, Carole Baskin said:

This is where people may or may not understand the future.

Things in football are about to change - a haircut?  OMG no, worse than that -  Football is due a reset, and this is that.

Wages will be culled to a manageable level, and any player not on board will find they are playing lower level once out of contract and not on board.

I wish that were true, but the PL will carry on as normal, it will the Championship to a bigger extent and then the other two leagues may be as you say

this could lead to a PL 2, probably by invite, with the other two leagues cut adrift

5 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Apologies if already been discussed, I unfortunately got Covid in Easter and all though I wasn't in hospital I was pretty badly for around 2 & a half weeks before I felt back to my normal self but in total I'd say it was almost a month before I felt 100%, Boris did well! All I'll say is it's not very pleasant! But I'm fine now and family is all well, hope everyone is and their family doing okay.

Anyway I was wondering what people think could be a fairest way other than refunds for the fans already paid for season tickets next season? Especially as they've just said it's unlikely we'll be allowed back to watch football until a vaccine is found.

Discount off a 21/22 season ticket for the games gone ahead without fans seems the fairest way to me and access to all home games on ifollow?

Interesting to hear from fans in same position as me here and apologies again if there's a recent thread on this, I couldn't find one.

Glad you are well, me & the Mrs had the Covid & our experience of it pretty much mirrored yours. I got the early bird season ticket too, i'm not expecting any announcement about refunds or future discounts until there's more of an idea when & if next season can start & at what point supporters might be allowed to attend.