Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

Just give it up already. End the season now and start planning for the next one (which may well not be able to kick off on August or have any cup/European fixtures to bring the number of matches down).

The longer they try and drag this out and keep coming up with desperate ways to get up and running the more cynical it feels. Disillusioning fans right now isn't going to do them any favours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andytrig said:

The average corner looks something like this, but as long as you make the subs sit apart and stop the players celebrating everything will be fine.

Cornerkick.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday have announced that Joey Pelupessy will take all corners once football is resumed. Defenders will be able to socially distance by taking up their normal positions in readiness for the resulting goal-kick.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have announced that Joey Pelupessy will take all corners once football is resumed. Defenders will be able to socially distance by taking up their normal positions in readiness for the resulting goal-kick.

Most plausible post ever on here mate...

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

I understood it all you ***. Did they ask them if they wanted to play their games out? Do you understand that?

It seems they can’t afford to and there’s no appetite to either. They want to get their hands on end of season prize money. Each club will be thinking of their own best interests. Captain Oates isn’t on the agenda.  

15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It seems they can’t afford to and there’s no appetite to either. They want to get their hands on end of season prize money. Each club will be thinking of their own best interests. Captain Oates isn’t on the agenda.  

So the only teams worthy of fighting for promotion are the big fish, what a load of codswallop

The emperors clothes have finally fallen off

4 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

So the only teams worthy of fighting for promotion are the big fish, what a load of codswallop

Eh? Where have they said that? 

11 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

100%. It stinks. Some clubs suddenly more important than others. Should be fed from bottom up, not top down. Pathetic and immorale.

I feel for the bottom six PL clubs. Home advantage if your fighting a relegation battle against a mid table side for example is immense and could make all the difference. It’s not fair for clubs at the top to try and bully them. 

The Championship voted unanimously to finish the season. If the clubs in leagues One and Two don’t want to it’s difficult to see how they could be forced to. Some clubs - like Peterborough are threatening legal action though. There is no one size fits all solution. It’s clearly a nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The Championship voted unanimously to finish the season. If the clubs in leagues One and Two don’t want to it’s difficult to see how they could be forced to. Some clubs - like Peterborough are threatening legal action though. There is no one size fits all solution. It’s clearly a nightmare. 

Sorry if i have missed it but wheres the article saying the clubs in league 1 anf 2 want to end the season now?

The only objectively fair resolution is for the season to be pulled from the history books and started again. I haven't heard any other solution which isn't unfair to at least one other club.

I do understand the need for the EFL/PL to be seen as trying everything possible to get the season restarted or completed in some other way though, thanks to the lawsuits which will inevitably follow regardless of what happens next. Hopefully that is all they're doing and they don't genuinely have any desire to restart or end the season with some of these ridiculous adjustments they've dreamt up anyway.

38 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

The only objectively fair resolution is for the season to be pulled from the history books and started again. I haven't heard any other solution which isn't unfair to at least one other club.

I do understand the need for the EFL/PL to be seen as trying everything possible to get the season restarted or completed in some other way though, thanks to the lawsuits which will inevitably follow regardless of what happens next. Hopefully that is all they're doing and they don't genuinely have any desire to restart or end the season with some of these ridiculous adjustments they've dreamt up anyway.

The problem with pulling it though is that it does remain unfair but only on the teams doing well and it rewards teams who were up the creek without a paddle which is the wrong way round. 

The whole point here is that there is no perfect solution, so when you chose a solution it needs be seen as benefiting teams who have performed the best despite the season not being completed. You're not in the top 3 or bottom 3 due to good or poor fortune at this stage of the season. 

75/80% of the season completed is enough in my mind to justify a decision on promotion / relegation when faced with a crisis like this and it should be the poor performing clubs that have to suck it up. 

It's pretty clear leagues one and two recognise that hence them only voting on how to decide promotion and relegation from the table as it stands, voiding is not on the table and quite rightly so in my mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

Rubbish, you're dismissing the clubs that are fighting for promotion

Are you seriously telling me Rotherham and co have no appetite

:tango:

37 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Rubbish, you're dismissing the clubs that are fighting for promotion

Are you seriously telling me Rotherham and co have no appetite

Rotherham would be happy with PPG I’m pretty sure.

In terms of what to do self interest will dictate a lot of it. Rotherham,Coventry, Leeds etc - teams in promotion places - will want to finish the season or have it decided on some form of PPG. Teams in playoffs and pushing for it will want to play on. Teams in relegation zone will want to play on or null and void.  Teams just above relegation Zone might prefer PPG or null and void and for teams in between it doesn’t matter.

But that’s all set against what’s possible and the financial implications of playing on with contracts running out etc and the cost of testing. It’s a legal and financial minefield. The players, managers and lawyers will no doubt have their say and then the clubs will have to vote on it. 

• Like 1