Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

30 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why can championship clubs and PL clubs finish their gamea but not league 1 and 2?

Because they can afford to - well PL especially anyway. The L1 and 2 clubs get nothing from finishing the league other than an extended season and no extra money. So money is at the root of what they’re doing as well- although in their case it’s a lack of money. 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Open letter to all our squad.

Hi Fellers,

Don't be bullied by anyone into acting rash. Everyone sniffs that PL & EFL are acting out of self interest. Your responsibilities are not to your fans or your clubs. Every waking thought you have at this time must be concerned with the health of your families. You can't possibly risk playing unless it is 100% safe for you to do so.

Most of you are young consider your decision long and hard.

Good luck to you all.  

If 100% safe is the standard then they will never play football again or for that matter drive a car, cross a road, go down stairs or get out of bed. Of course laying in bed in itself brings some risks...

13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Because they can afford to - well PL especially anyway. The L1 and 2 clubs get nothing from finishing the league other than an extended season and no extra money. So money is at the root of what they’re doing as well- although in their case it’s a lack of money. 

How dare these businesses think about running their businesses...

• Haha 1

The ecstasy I have felt over the years seeing us get promoted. You never forget those days. Can you imagine being sat at home and getting a text saying. “ decision made by EFL we are promoted, pending an appeal by several other clubs. “ would be the worst possible thing. 

5 hours ago, rickygoo said:

So what do championship clubs get from finishing the season? 

The reason the league gave is that they dont have time to finish the season yet the other leagues do have time. Do they have a different clock to emverybody else?

This season is dead in the water....if there is any football before September I’d be surprised.

But if football did need a ‘finish’ to the season I’m still of the opinion that a penalty shoot out between clubs will be the best way to decide all the remaining games behind closed doors.....

Each player drives themselves to the ground

Little training required other than studying the oppositions keeper

social distancing easy to maintain on the field 

but yer know, I’m sure the EFL will come up with some bullshit plan as usual :ghoulguy:

5 hours ago, kobayashi said:

How dare these businesses think about running their businesses...

Which businesses are you referring to?

Doesnt sound like the League 1 and League 2 businesses are having a say in running their businesses.

Guest Mcguigan
35 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

This season is dead in the water....if there is any football before September I’d be surprised.

But if football did need a ‘finish’ to the season I’m still of the opinion that a penalty shoot out between clubs will be the best way to decide all the remaining games behind closed doors.....

Each player drives themselves to the ground

Little training required other than studying the oppositions keeper

social distancing easy to maintain on the field 

but yer know, I’m sure the EFL will come up with some bullshit plan as usual :ghoulguy:

Pretty sure if the EFL want a real bullshit plan to finish the season, they'll go with your proposal.

7 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

EA Sports FIFA simulations to decide them all. Job done. 

EA have announced a new update to add greater realism. You can only play if there’s nobody else in your living room.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, billyblack said:

Its a load of poo . Same rule should apply for all. 

Not sure mate.

If I understand correctly:-

• L1and L2 clubs lose money by playing to empty stadia.
  • The Prem make handsome money by playing, even if in empty stadia, due to TV income.
  • I assume for Championship teams they are somewhere in the middle of those extremes

There’s a moral argument about footie starting back, but I think financially it does make sense for leagues to act differently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Not sure mate.

If I understand correctly:-

• L1and L2 clubs lose money by playing to empty stadia.
  • The Prem make handsome money by playing, even if in empty stadia, due to TV income.
  • I assume for Championship teams they are somewhere in the middle of those extremes

There’s a moral argument about footie starting back, but I think financially it does make sense for leagues to act differently.

You may be correct. My point is the reason they gave, they dont have enough time to finish their games. Intimating that other divisions do. It is a morale argument, for me they all play it out or they all finish the season now.

41 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Which businesses are you referring to?

Doesnt sound like the League 1 and League 2 businesses are having a say in running their businesses.

Which bit of „ask them to vote“ and „proposals made to“ don’t you understand? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rickygoo said:

If this Journo is right it seems that null and void isn’t an alternative favoured by the clubs. 

Shame. It would be great watching the Leeds fan implode. Could you image the taunting from the dingles. 😁

3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Which bit of „ask them to vote“ and „proposals made to“ don’t you understand? 

I understood it all you ***. Did they ask them if they wanted to play their games out? Do you understand that?

9 hours ago, billyblack said:

Why can championship clubs and PL clubs finish their gamea but not league 1 and 2?

Because the PL need the money and there is a lot of money for the three teams that get promoted from the championship, further down the amount gained from promotion does not matter to the PL and championship

people are saying that football is a business, I agree, but why are they making excuses up for finishing the season instead of saying its all for the money?