Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

nobody is dying of covid 19 unless you are elderly ,frail or have serious health issues or are in the front line of nhs where they are receiving high doses in the covid wards. im sick to death of this `there at risk`prognosis . listen to top professors ,analyse the figures and you will find if your not in those groups then you have more chance dying in a car crash.  everything in life is a risk once you go through the front door its weighing up whether the risk is too high or not . most parents regard 2 kids dying out of 10.5 million children as too risky yet 140 died in same period of other illnesses. what life do people want? the world heath organisation has stated this will be around for many years ,and a vaccine is unlikely ,what are we all supposed to do? ban schools or tell 4 year olds to avoid there friends in turn completely ruining there childhood,completely crash the economy where later this year the furloughing will come to an end and several million will be jobless   . the sooner common sense prevails the better. I saw somebody yesterday nearly hit by a car because there that afraid they were walking on the  road instead of the  footpath ,the fear in people is the biggest danger to life going forward. 

A midwife aged thirty died today. 

What difference would that be to perhaps a club physio?

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

nobody is dying of covid 19 unless you are elderly ,frail or have serious health issues or are in the front line of nhs where they are receiving high doses in the covid wards.

Please stop posting things like this. it's not just incorrect it's dangerous to spread this kind of misinformation

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, doubleo said:

I think you need to think about just how many people are at risk. There are over 2 million people with Serious health conditions, who are at real risk. These are not necessarily old, not living in a nursing home and infact just like you and me go about their daily life, working, playing with their kids, etc etc. Now there are about 65 million live in the UK, so 65 million divided by 2 million means about 1 in 33 people are likely to have life threatening symptons if they contract it. Think of it this way - take an almost  full house at Hillsborough (33000). The proportion of those at high risk is 1000 people. And that's not counting the elderly and front line NHS workers.

if you work on the figure of 23000 then you look at the amount in the community what have it which is very low , you may have potentially 10-20 what may have the virus out of 23000 but if you have the virus your unlikely to go out or to a game anyway,and the ones what don't know they have it are less likely to spread it if there not coughing etc and not many of us are having a close up conversation with each other ,chances of catching it at a game are very low. as this virus is likely to be around for several years are we all supposed to lock ourselves away and hope the gov keeps paying the mortgage and bills? the people what are at high risk from this are not stupid if they are choosing to isolate , and hopefully care homes/hospitals will be made much safer , once people start to attend hospital to get vital treatments then the excess death total will drop , but while all this scaremongering is going on with blatant lies regards death certificates (putting covid 19? on a death certificate with other main causes then adding covid 19 to the official total is causing extra widespread panic ,I know this is true personally with someone I know and his daughter is fuming) then still vital operations/treatments will be missed ,hardly anyone is attending hospital or going to the doctor which is alarming. 

23 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

if you work on the figure of 23000 then you look at the amount in the community what have it which is very low , you may have potentially 10-20 what may have the virus out of 23000 but if you have the virus your unlikely to go out or to a game anyway,and the ones what don't know they have it are less likely to spread it if there not coughing etc and not many of us are having a close up conversation with each other ,chances of catching it at a game are very low

Again please stop posting misinformation and go and find some FACTS about this virus instead of this nonsense you're posting.

Owlstalk Shop

19 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

if you work on the figure of 23000 then you look at the amount in the community what have it which is very low , you may have potentially 10-20 what may have the virus out of 23000 but if you have the virus your unlikely to go out or to a game anyway,and the ones what don't know they have it are less likely to spread it if there not coughing etc and not many of us are having a close up conversation with each other ,chances of catching it at a game are very low. as this virus is likely to be around for several years are we all supposed to lock ourselves away and hope the gov keeps paying the mortgage and bills? the people what are at high risk from this are not stupid if they are choosing to isolate , and hopefully care homes/hospitals will be made much safer , once people start to attend hospital to get vital treatments then the excess death total will drop , but while all this scaremongering is going on with blatant lies regards death certificates (putting covid 19? on a death certificate with other main causes then adding covid 19 to the official total is causing extra widespread panic ,I know this is true personally with someone I know and his daughter is fuming) then still vital operations/treatments will be missed ,hardly anyone is attending hospital or going to the doctor which is alarming. 

How do you know how many people in the community have it?

Some people have no symptoms at all and have it, why would they stay away?

14 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

it's little wonder League 2 have taken the PPG approach looking at the standings.

All of the current top 3 keep their automatic promotion status under PPG so they are happy, likewise with the teams currently in the play-offs. Stevenage are bottom and PPG doesn't change that so anyone with any threat of finishing bottom will take PPG now.

The only ones likely to have considered not voting for this are the 3 or 4 within touching distance of play-offs. Many of the mid-table teams at that level have furloughed players and so resuming would mean them having to pay 80% of their wages that they aren't currently and with little TV money and no crowds they would have no further income to cover this.

The situation in League One is more complicated as PPG could see positions in automatic, play-off and relegation places change so no surprise they haven't reached an agreement.

I heard this being discussed on 5 live yesterday and the pundits/reporters suggested that the Championship are not likely to base their approach on what comes out from todays League 1 and 2 meetings and are more likely to work with the whatever the PL does (lapdogs). 

And even if they werent, would you rather risk your life and health or someone elses just to get promoted?

27 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

The best available guide is that more than 1 in 400 of us have it right now. The Govt also used this figure yesterday.

In an 20,000 crowd, thats 50 of us.

Chances are, within that 50 there’d be household groups such as dad & young child, who are likely to be both infected, so all around the stadium and concourse would be little pockets of infection.

If you look under every stone on the planet you’ll struggle to find a reputable scientist or sane politician speaking up in favour of mass gatherings where 1 in 400  in the community are infected.

The stricter and more sensible we are, the sooner masses will stop dying, and the sooner less important but fun* things like watching football can start again.

* and yes I do realise that words like “fun” and watching the current Sheffield Wednesday is stretching it a tad.

luckily for me im healthy ,I don't have any financial worries etc , but I worry where all this is leading to ,the debt this country is already in and continues to mount , the furlough scheme extended till nov 1st along with other schemes when that date is reached then what? who will still be in a job next year? how many will get evicted from there homes? if public gatherings are banned indefinitely then all sport will be bankrupt and cease to exist along with the hospitality industry , the tourism industry and many more which will snowball into other lines of work . my views might seem controversial and maybe even heartless but if experts are saying its very likely that covid 19 will be here for years and a vaccine is unlikely (it has to be a safe one) then what are we supposed to do? I think better treatments etc will happen so that should hopefully reduce the survival rates in time . we still don't have a vaccine for sars after 18 years . 

17 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

luckily for me im healthy ,I don't have any financial worries etc , but I worry where all this is leading to ,the debt this country is already in and continues to mount , the furlough scheme extended till nov 1st along with other schemes when that date is reached then what? who will still be in a job next year? how many will get evicted from there homes? if public gatherings are banned indefinitely then all sport will be bankrupt and cease to exist along with the hospitality industry , the tourism industry and many more which will snowball into other lines of work . my views might seem controversial and maybe even heartless but if experts are saying its very likely that covid 19 will be here for years and a vaccine is unlikely (it has to be a safe one) then what are we supposed to do? I think better treatments etc will happen so that should hopefully reduce the survival rates in time . we still don't have a vaccine for sars after 18 years . 

Try not to worry too much about it though mate. That's not good for your mental health at all.

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I agree witht the sentiment. Unless a vaccine is found then we will be living in a world where have to accept it to a point. I think our way of life prior to this wont return for a long time if ever without a vaccine. Covid will just become a way of life, deaths will happen. Nobody knows about immunity if you have survived it from what i know. Flying abroad will become scarce, who wants to sit on a plane with covid. Large gatherings like concerts etc will be a thing of the past. Companies will have more homeworkers than ever. Which whilst bad on some fronts i believe is also good on others. Tourism will thrive locally as will local businesses. The enviornment will recover and our way of life will just be different. 

43 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The best available guide is that more than 1 in 400 of us have it right now. The Govt also used this figure yesterday.

In an 20,000 crowd, thats 50 of us.

Chances are, within that 50 there’d be household groups such as dad & young child, who are likely to be both infected, so all around the stadium and concourse would be little pockets of infection.

If you look under every stone on the planet you’ll struggle to find a reputable scientist or sane politician speaking up in favour of mass gatherings where 1 in 400  in the community are infected.

The stricter and more sensible we are, the sooner masses will stop dying, and the sooner less important but fun* things like watching football can start again.

* and yes I do realise that words like “fun” and watching the current Sheffield Wednesday is stretching it a tad.

* and yes I do realise that words like “fun” and watching the current Sheffield Wednesday is stretching it a tad.  

not wrong there

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

If the restrictions are lifted too early and the virus erupts again, the economic difficulties will temporarily pale into insignificance once more, and ultimately prove even more disastrous than they are now.

16 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think the Championship will void the season or accept a PPG method like League 2 has done? It is much easier for League 1 as they only have 1 relegation place and are considering scrapping this for this season.

I can't see it. PPG in the Championship would leave the table as it is now but with 3 teams relegated. Charlton are in the final relegation spot but are within 1 win of 5 teams. 1 of those teams is on the worst form in the country since Christmas and lost their 2 best players in the January transfer window so Chalrton would be in with a good chance of turning that 1 result around in the remaining 9 games.

I can't see the Championship voiding the season. They will either play it out or use PPG. There's no room for ifs buts and maybes with all this, if you end up getting relegatedon PPG it's because you were rubbish for the best part of a season. It's not Covid19s fault, or the EFLs.

But in a culture where everyone wants to blame someone else I can see it being an unpopular decision, lots of money wasted on legal action all unsuccessfully.

7 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I can't see the Championship voiding the season. They will either play it out or use PPG. There's no room for ifs buts and maybes with all this, if you end up getting relegatedon PPG it's because you were rubbish for the best part of a season. It's not Covid19s fault, or the EFLs.

But in a culture where everyone wants to blame someone else I can see it being an unpopular decision, lots of money wasted on legal action all unsuccessfully.

Prehistoric bird?

8 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Im not convinced there’d be legal action.

Can you imagine the nationwide vilification of say West Brom if they take the EFL to Court because of football, during the worst pandemic for a century?

They will rightly complain, but I think ultimately they’d back down.

I don't think WBA will need to, they'll get promoted as will Leeds and probably Fulham. 

It's the likes of Peterborough and Sunderland that will be disappointed but they can't prove they've lost out on anything. The facts are teams are where they deserve to be right now. 

17 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

If someone is deemed to be relegated with 9 games left do you think they’d accept it? The rules of the league will say that there is to be 46 games so good luck with that. 

• Like 1