Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

London infection rate could be down to zero in 2- weeks, lowest infection rate in the uk now..according to the independant.
A complete contrast to most areas in the UK, including yorkshire and the north east.

So will London clubs want to come up here, will yorkshire etc clubs be 'allowed' into london.

They are talking about releasing london from lockdown, but the rest of the uk stays as is.

Cheeky tw@ts, it started there, infected the whole of the uk...and all the country is locked down as one.

Now they are 'ok' foookyou...:tango:

League 2 clubs have obviously voted to end the season due to financial reasons. I suspect the same will happen in League 1 but there’s more than likely to be some legal action taken by some clubs?

Point I’m trying to make is that clubs in League 1 and 2 are ultimately in the first half of next season at least going to encounter the same financial issues as they are now so how are they going to start next season whenever that may be?

40 minutes ago, trev said:

So top 3 go up auto in league 2 and playoffs are going to take place still...somehow?

Also no relegation.

Interesting that's been decided and I would imagine league one and maybe the championship will follow suit?

So 23 teams in the prem next season with 6 to go down?

Hope the pigs don't have a nightmare second season....muhaha.

Actually I can't see the prem clubs agreeing to water down their TV money for an extra 3 clubs. Also would this mean all 6 clubs that go down would have parachute monies??

would hope the Championship does the same but I will be very surprised if it does. 

14 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Weren't you claiming it was 100,000 last week, I hope the other 75,000 haven't succumbed already

Care to explain the 25,000...I will give you a start 20 teams x max 25 players squads  = 500 people

This has been posted several times just by me (as well as others) and I'm sure more than once it has been quoting your good self. And the numbers have been quite consistent. Time and time again, despite the replies, you still insist that this has nothing to do with anything other than the likelihood of death for football players. But the scope of this is far broader than just that.

According to the Bundesliga, staging a single top flight game would require about 300 people in the first instance. So in addition to those on the pitch, this presumably includes training staff, medical personnel, equipment handlers, match officials, stadium facilities, security, transport and media crews. If you don't agree with that, take it up with the German authorities. I seem to recall someone within the game over here broadly agreeing with those numbers.

In that division, as in the Premier League, there are around 90 games remaining in the season. So that's 300 x 90 = 27,000. Each of those people will no doubt be living with multiple others; somewhere in the region of 3-4 per household on average I imagine. So as I indicated, that would be approaching six figures just for those directly in contact with those involved in the games. But there is also an unknown number of potential indirect exposures, depending on where all these individuals go and what they do. Given the exponential nature of viral infection, this could therefore easily become a much larger number. Add the Championship into the reckoning, and you can double all of that.

And as has already been proved, it may be wishful thinking to expect supporters to stay away, especially where titles and promotions are at stake.

8 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

No, they want 3 up and 3 down but won’t relegate anyone from League 2.

Hypocrites.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-chief-warns-legal-action-21975746.amp

I can’t see an ending to the season that is going to end in anything else but legal action which is going to affect the structure for next season if it actually takes place?

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This has been posted several times just by me (as well as others) and I'm sure more than once it has been quoting your good self. And the numbers have been quite consistent. Time and time again, despite the replies, you still insist that this has nothing to do with anything other than the likelihood of death for football players. But the scope of this is far broader than just that.

According to the Bundesliga, staging a single top flight game would require about 300 people in the first instance. So in addition to those on the pitch, this presumably includes training staff, medical personnel, equipment handlers, match officials, stadium facilities, security, transport and media crews. If you don't agree with that, take it up with the German authorities. I seem to recall someone within the game over here broadly agreeing with those numbers.

In that division, as in the Premier League, there are around 90 games remaining in the season. So that's 300 x 90 = 27,000. Each of those people will no doubt be living with multiple others; somewhere in the region of 3-4 per household on average I imagine. So as I indicated, that would be approaching six figures just for those directly in contact with those involved in the games. But there is also an unknown number of potential indirect exposures, depending on where all these individuals go and what they do. Given the exponential nature of viral infection, this could therefore easily become a much larger number. Add the Championship into the reckoning, and you can double all of that.

And as has already been proved, it may be wishful thinking to expect supporters to stay away, especially where titles and promotions are at stake.

nobody is dying of covid 19 unless you are elderly ,frail or have serious health issues or are in the front line of nhs where they are receiving high doses in the covid wards. im sick to death of this `there at risk`prognosis . listen to top professors ,analyse the figures and you will find if your not in those groups then you have more chance dying in a car crash.  everything in life is a risk once you go through the front door its weighing up whether the risk is too high or not . most parents regard 2 kids dying out of 10.5 million children as too risky yet 140 died in same period of other illnesses. what life do people want? the world heath organisation has stated this will be around for many years ,and a vaccine is unlikely ,what are we all supposed to do? ban schools or tell 4 year olds to avoid there friends in turn completely ruining there childhood,completely crash the economy where later this year the furloughing will come to an end and several million will be jobless   . the sooner common sense prevails the better. I saw somebody yesterday nearly hit by a car because there that afraid they were walking on the  road instead of the  footpath ,the fear in people is the biggest danger to life going forward. 

31 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

But there is also an unknown number of potential indirect exposures, depending on where all these individuals go and what they do. Given the exponential nature of viral infection, this could therefore easily become a much larger number. Add the Championship into the reckoning, and you can double all of that.

You can add to that the behaviour of footballers. Surely no one really thinks they can all be relied upon to behave themselves for weeks, unless they're physically locked in a training camp or similar  they'll be out and about -. just look at Grielish and those idiots from Derby County a few weeks ago. No thought whatsoever about the consequences of their actions. If the players choose to play, then thats their decision and they take the risk. That doesn't give them the right to be a threat to the wider population. And don't get me started about fans behaving themselves and not turning up at grounds.

20 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can’t see an ending to the season that is going to end in anything else but legal action which is going to affect the structure for next season if it actually takes place?

Despite all the weeks of pushing and shoving, about the only thing that is clear is what you've highlighted. Lawyers will be foaming at the mouth waiting for the final decision so that they can start the metres running. I wonder how long it will take to finally clear up the last of the sh*t that's going to be thrown around?

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

nobody is dying of covid 19 unless you are elderly ,frail or have serious health issues or are in the front line of nhs where they are receiving high doses in the covid wards. im sick to death of this `there at risk`prognosis . listen to top professors ,analyse the figures and you will find if your not in those groups then you have more chance dying in a car crash.  everything in life is a risk once you go through the front door its weighing up whether the risk is too high or not . most parents regard 2 kids dying out of 10.5 million children as too risky yet 140 died in same period of other illnesses. what life do people want? the world heath organisation has stated this will be around for many years ,and a vaccine is unlikely ,what are we all supposed to do? ban schools or tell 4 year olds to avoid there friends in turn completely ruining there childhood,completely crash the economy where later this year the furloughing will come to an end and several million will be jobless   . the sooner common sense prevails the better. I saw somebody yesterday nearly hit by a car because there that afraid they were walking on the  road instead of the  footpath ,the fear in people is the biggest danger to life going forward. 

There is much more to this issue than the chances of fit, young men dying from Coronavirus.

Why are you repeating the same hand-picked facts that NOBODY is arguing with?

Guest Mcguigan
48 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It may take 300 to stage a game but it wouldn’t be a different 300 people for all 90 fixtures.

If there were 300 people at our first home fixture, I’m pretty sure the vast majority would be at our next home fixture. Ditto 23 other clubs.

Takes a chunk off your 27,000 estimate.

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

It may take 300 to stage a game but it wouldn’t be a different 300 people for all 90 fixtures.

If there were 300 people at our first home fixture, I’m pretty sure the vast majority would be at our next home fixture. Ditto 23 other clubs.

Takes a chunk off your 27,000 estimate.

So the 300 people who show up for game 2 are somehow rendered immune because they were there the previous week? It's 27,000 potential exposures regardless.

As far as I'm aware, even the proposed extensive testing programme has it's limitations in terms of time taken or reliability. But if any do test positive, they are presumably replaced with someone else anyway.

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I think you need to think about just how many people are at risk. There are over 2 million people with Serious health conditions, who are at real risk. These are not necessarily old, not living in a nursing home and infact just like you and me go about their daily life, working, playing with their kids, etc etc. Now there are about 65 million live in the UK, so 65 million divided by 2 million means about 1 in 33 people are likely to have life threatening symptons if they contract it. Think of it this way - take an almost  full house at Hillsborough (33000). The proportion of those at high risk is 1000 people. And that's not counting the elderly and front line NHS workers.

15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Despite all the weeks of pushing and shoving, about the only thing that is clear is what you've highlighted. Lawyers will be foaming at the mouth waiting for the final decision so that they can start the metres running. I wonder how long it will take to finally clear up the last of the sh*t that's going to be thrown around?

Quite some time TBH. I think the games going to change very much in the same way life is going to. Totally expecting an influx of young British players into first team elevens over the next few seasons even in the premier league. I think Chelsea and the National Teams in particular are going to benefit big time in the near future.

40 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Here’s a plan: every club appoints legal counsel and sues every other club in the league. Three points for a win. 

• Haha 1

can see a lot of people in care settings being upset that footballers can be tested every two days and presumably get quick results

I will get my first test this weekend, with no knowledge of when I will get another and not even sure if we can get another

Money talks again