Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

Guest Bulgaria

Elsewhere, six League One clubs have united to express their determination to finish the season.

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has released a statement on behalf of Posh, Oxford, Sunderland, Fleetwood, Portsmouth and Ipswich.

What a shock that all those clubs are in with a chance of automatic promotion!! 

Everyone is just looking out for their own cause.

Understandable, just wish they would admit it.

Armed robbery at Mr & Mrs Furlough...........half a stale  loaf and an out of date tin of Spam taken................Rolls Royce driver Dele Ali mansion broken into ..over £ £2 million of watches & jewelry taken................................let's look after and prioritise the footballers eh ????

16 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Armed robbery at Mr & Mrs Furlough...........half a stale  loaf and an out of date tin of Spam taken................Rolls Royce driver Dele Ali mansion broken into ..over £ £2 million of watches & jewelry taken................................let's look after and prioritise the footballers eh ????

No social distancing either, 5 people in his home late at night, only two lived there, no excuse for being robbed though

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Elsewhere, six League One clubs have united to express their determination to finish the season.

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has released a statement on behalf of Posh, Oxford, Sunderland, Fleetwood, Portsmouth and Ipswich.

What a shock that all those clubs are in with a chance of automatic promotion!! 

Everyone is just looking out for their own cause.

Understandable, just wish they would admit it.

There's no way they would accept the season being voided and positions decided by PPG. 

Because that would mean Wycombe who are currently in 8th being promoted as well as Coventry and Rotherham. Lots of clubs will then take legal action. 

37 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

There's no way they would accept the season being voided and positions decided by PPG. 

Because that would mean Wycombe who are currently in 8th being promoted as well as Coventry and Rotherham. Lots of clubs will then take legal action. 

The 6 cannot finish the season if Luther clubs won't play them 

10 minutes ago, scram said:

The 6 cannot finish the season if Luther clubs won't play them 

Well of course its going to go down to a vote.

Rotherham, Coventry, Wycombe and about 3 clubs who would avoid relegation would love the season to finish now and final positions decided by average PPG. 

The above mentioned 6 plus a few more with a chance of the play offs and maybe Tranmere at the bottom would like the season to be played out. The rest, might vote either way.

The thing is when the EFL clubs do vote on it,  the championship holds the power as their votes carry more weight.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

It would be great to be able to watch the Leagues 1 & 2 owners meeting this morning. It would be the best thing on telly all week.

The cost involved is astronomical and the PL have said they are only looking out for themselves

Surely the EFL will not relax the screening and monitoring standards for players just to get games on?

This is a public health issue - not a football one and needs to be treated as such

Darragh McAnthony said 

10 minutes ago, scram said:

The cost involved is astronomical and the PL have said they are only looking out for themselves

Surely the EFL will not relax the screening and monitoring standards for players just to get games on?

This is a public health issue - not a football one and needs to be treated as such

Darragh McAnthony said this morning they would spend 140K on testing but if the season wasn't played out it would cost the club much more due to refunds for sponsors, and season ticket holders, loss off TV money etc 

So to some the financial implications concern them more than the health implications. 

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

So to some the financial implications concern them more than the health implications. 

I think that's terribly harsh.

I've no doubt that club owners have friends and family that are at risk, but life has to go on at some point. Not everyone is passing away and trying to keep folks in employment is very important.

Having said that, I doubt owners would want to continue the season if their club was mid table.

I am kind of contradicting me sen here ain't I?

9 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I think that's terribly harsh.

I've no doubt that club owners have friends and family that are at risk, but life has to go on at some point. Not everyone is passing away and trying to keep folks in employment is very important.

Having said that, I doubt owners would want to continue the season if their club was mid table.

I am kind of contradicting me sen here ain't I?

The question is, is this the time for life to go on, or is it too soon?

On 13/05/2020 at 22:45, scram said:

The self isolation rules will be different for football

Only the affected player will have to self isolate - not the whole squad, staff or any opposition players

That is the current plan as football accelerates its bid to start up again

"Integrity" ?  As soon as footballers are treated differently the rest of the country will (quite rightly) say whats good for them is good enough for me. "If footballers can hug strangers as they are waiting for a corner, I can squeeze into a tube train, snog a stranger, play football in the park, do conga etc etc. They risk undoing all the sacrifices we have made for 2 months.

So top 3 go up auto in league 2 and playoffs are going to take place still...somehow?

Also no relegation.

Interesting that's been decided and I would imagine league one and maybe the championship will follow suit?

So 23 teams in the prem next season with 6 to go down?

Hope the pigs don't have a nightmare second season....muhaha.

Actually I can't see the prem clubs agreeing to water down their TV money for an extra 3 clubs. Also would this mean all 6 clubs that go down would have parachute monies??

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Looks like no sides to get relegated from the EFL this season then.

Interesting. The EFL are insisting that 3 sides are relegated from the Premier League but aren’t going to relegate anyone themselves.

Really? So EFL want 27 teams in champ next season then? 

15 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

The positive tests have started already (one club each here and in Germany so far to my knowledge) and we haven't even kicked off yet.

But your reply only addresses the same narrow window as usual on an aspect that no one is arguing about. To what extent are you going to go to ensure footballers do not have underlying health conditions that increases their risk? Estimates from Germany reckon that it will take something like 25,000 potential individual exposures to finish just the top flight games, so when all of these people go home the numbers who might be directly affected is probably approaching six figures of all kinds of circumstances and that's before you even start on indirect contacts. What is the likelihood for supporters showing up, especially where titles and promotions are on the line? How will you approach the science indicating that strenuous exertion worsens the effects of the virus? Or what about research indicating that even those who recover may suffer long term or even permanent organ damage that leads to future health issues? Then there are the new fears about Kawasaki Syndrome which apparently targets an age group previously thought to be relatively safe. Are you satisfied that testing methods are thorough and reliable enough to ensure the virus can be kept at bay effectively? What are the implications when (rather than if) players and coaches test positive for infection? Even something unrelated to the disease like the player contracts situation has yet to be satisfactorily resolved, never mind liability for any serious illness.

Weren't you claiming it was 100,000 last week, I hope the other 75,000 haven't succumbed already

Care to explain the 25,000...I will give you a start 20 teams x max 25 players squads  = 500 people