Also I wonder how long a break they will have between this season ending and the 20/21 starting. What’s going to happen with players contracts that end next month. Hope we don’t have to keep the lazy sods even for a month or 2 extra. So many questions. 

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Also I wonder how long a break they will have between this season ending and the 20/21 starting. What’s going to happen with players contracts that end next month. Hope we don’t have to keep the lazy sods even for a month or 2 extra. So many questions. 

Government can end this if they want, the French government did.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Government can end this if they want, the French government did.

wish they would. They won’t though. All comes down to money imo. 

31 minutes ago, scram said:

The self isolation rules will be different for football

Only the affected player will have to self isolate - not the whole squad, staff or any opposition players

That is the current plan as football accelerates its bid to start up again

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/13/premier-league-football-project-restart-threat-coronavirus-safety

According to this they are still sorting the rules out. Nixon was having fun with it.

Screenshot 2020-05-13 at 23.16.39.png

48 minutes ago, scram said:

Only the affected player will have to self isolate - not the whole squad, staff or any opposition players

From the EFL's 'return to training protocol. Training groups should be a maximum of 5 players

• Twice weekly coronavirus antibody tests and temperature screening protocols for players and staff - a positive test means the training group self isolates for 14 days.

Surely that would mean if on restart and a player tested positive after a match the whole squad would need to isolate.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

From the EFL's 'return to training protocol. Training groups should be a maximum of 5 players

• Twice weekly coronavirus antibody tests and temperature screening protocols for players and staff - a positive test means the training group self isolates for 14 days.

Surely that would mean if on restart and a player tested positive after a match the whole squad would need to isolate.

According to the Guardian article re the PL

"Some managers are believed also to have asked questions about what should be done in the event of a player testing positive for Covid-19, with the league still to agree upon a position over whether the entire squad should isolate as a result."

30 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

wish they would. They won’t though. All comes down to money imo. 

Then the premier league will show exactly what they are about. Wish they'd fold

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

According to the Guardian article re the PL

"Some managers are believed also to have asked questions about what should be done in the event of a player testing positive for Covid-19, with the league still to agree upon a position over whether the entire squad should isolate as a result."

I can't see how they can take the risk not to.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Thats been updated today

It now states anybody in the training environment and close contacts should isolate according to PHE guidelines

It doesn't specify what "close contact" is

Edited by scram

Self isolation from PHE is now a minimum of 7 days

• if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started. (The ending isolation section below has more information)
  • after 7 days, if you do not have a high temperature, you do not need to continue to self-isolate. If you still have a high temperature, keep self-isolating until your temperature returns to normal. You do not need to self-isolate if you just have a cough after 7 days, as a cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone

12 minutes ago, scram said:

Thats been updated today

It now states anybody in the training environment and close contacts should isolate according to PHE guidelines

It doesn't specify what "close contact" is

I'm sympathetic to the aim of restarting - like every other industry there will come a time when it's poo or bust. However, I am seeing more and more your point that rules are being amended to suit the aim rather than the science. I suppose part of the problem is everyone says they are following "the" science when in reality there is no "the" - there's a whole load of different bits of science which people can't at the moment agree on because the facts are still hazy. That allows for flexibility while still purporting to be following science - but it may be totally misguided. 

And yet at some stage we all have to go back to work otherwise liquidations will accelerate rapidly. It's a question of when risks can be quantified and reduced to an acceptable level, then there's the issue of who rules on what's acceptable! In my game it's ultimately the insurers. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I just think it is so dangerous and irresponsible of the government and the EFL to give this the go ahead.

They have given the 'green light' to make preparations to start no earlier than June 1.

However,

A return to action will only be possible though if sufficient progress is made in limiting the spread of the virus between now and then.

On 12/05/2020 at 11:09, rickygoo said:

When it comes to the workplace the instructions is "wherever possible" and if not possible try not to be face to face and if it is face to face it shouldn't be for more than 15 minutes at a time.  So it's vaguer than don't do it. 

Most of our players will have no difficulty in observing that instruction, they were following it before the pandemic.

13 hours ago, scram said:

That isn't safe. That's how you get whole leagues infected.

If one player gets it all his contacts need to isolate or they risk infecting others.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

That isn't safe. That's how you get whole leagues infected.

If one player gets it all his contacts need to isolate or they risk infecting others.

Very true.

But that doesn't get Leagues completed and tv money in the bank does it.

WTF:

11 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

They have given the 'green light' to make preparations to start no earlier than June 1.

However,

A return to action will only be possible though if sufficient progress is made in limiting the spread of the virus between now and then.

That's a cop out. If they relaxed lockdown rules at the beginning of this week infections will increase on the first day. That won't be obvious because it takes about a week for people to become symptomatic. Infact the number of confirmed infections will continue to drop for a couple of weeks. After 2 weeks the infected people will start turning up at hospitals and that's when the official confirmed figure start to go up.

That's not much before 1st June. They really won't have any valid data at that point. They must know this.

2 hours ago, prowl said:

That's a cop out. If they relaxed lockdown rules at the beginning of this week infections will increase on the first day. That won't be obvious because it takes about a week for people to become symptomatic.

Maybe, it's what they said not me.

But lockdown relaxed slightly from the 13 May..( though looking at pictures of London Transport you would think back to normal)  Anyhow, the data that has been used has shown increases/decreases in infection not hospitalisation.

So I would think increase in infections would begin to show from 21 May, gaining throughout the following week.

The gov said if sufficient progress is made...no idea if progress, means kept at present levels or lower. If infection rates go up a week or so later than 21 May, football will be shut down again.

Cop out maybe, or a stfu to the prem..we'll let you know..

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

But lockdown relaxed slightly from the 13 May..( though looking at pictures of London Transport you would think back to normal)  Anyhow, the data that has been used has shown increases/decreases in infection not hospitalisation.

So I would think increase in infections would begin to show from 21 May, gaining throughout the following week.

The gov said if sufficient progress is made...no idea if progress, means kept at present levels or lower. If infection rates go up a week or so later than 21 May, football will be shut down again.

I was commenting on what they said rather than anything you said. I apologise if that wasn't clear.

The reality is they will need until the middle of June to get a handle on which direction things are going. In reality it will only get worse as restrictions are released. I don't know what it's like in your area but round here people now think everything is back to normal. In most situations social distancing has gone out of the window.

My concern is that the moves to open football is driven by money rather than science. If it is just STFU to the Premiership I'm all for it.

I've noticed the Italian gov. have done similar but set for 13 June and only conditional...

I believe we were /are 2-weeks behind Italy..so I would have thought a more pretend realistic date for us would be end of June.

Can't see it happening imho, until at least September if at all. The players haven't even been asked yet...

2 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Thing is we've never really been in a lockdown. We called it that but it wasn't

Other countries first phase of coming out is akin to our fully blown lockdown..

Football won't start up. Particularly in the EFL

PL will no doubt give it a go until something happens, which is inevitable, then it'll be off again.