rickygoo

Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

But I believe plan is cutting furloughing to 60% which is probably not enough for a lot of people, I know banks are helping with loan and mortgage payments at moment but I doubt they would be keen on it continuing for another few months. 

Workers will continue to receive the same level of support at 80pc of their current salary up to £2,500 a month, he confirmed. However, he said employers will need to share the burden of paying salaries with the Government, implying that some of this will be paid by businesses. Further details will be published by the end of May. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/furlough-scheme-end-claim-pay-uk/

Edited by Hookowl

44 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Will the ref have to sanitise his whistle every time he uses it?

Could be problematic. 

What about his pea..

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Will the ref have to sanitise his whistle every time he uses it?

Could be problematic. 

The handwash break after every throw in is also going to slow the game down, or are the players all wearing gloves and full ppe?

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

This governments incompetence will bring on a second wave which will put next season in doubt never mind this one !!

Why not give Boris a ring and tell him how to sort it out.

Though I suspect he ain't that bothered about bickering football clubs/authorities.

Many businesses will go bust many more people will die...I bet he doesn't give a shyte about leeds missing out...or west ham 'losing' £100m.

I' m a football fan and I don't.

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

But I believe plan is cutting furloughing to 60% which is probably not enough for a lot of people, I know banks are helping with loan and mortgage payments at moment but I doubt they would be keen on it continuing for another few months. 

No, they are leaving it at 80%

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

No, they are leaving it at 80%

That's good news then, I had seen lots of people on social media saying it's going down to 60%.

Where I work we're off till mid June though subject to change at short notice. 

Simon Jordan on T/S explanation of some EPL team’s reluctance to finish the season at a neutral venue is 💯 about the clubs having been paid millions in advance for pitch side advertising rather than any other reason!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Why not give Boris a ring and tell him how to sort it out.

Though I suspect he ain't that bothered about bickering football clubs/authorities.

Many businesses will go bust many more people will die...I bet he doesn't give a shyte about leeds missing out...or west ham 'losing' £100m.

I' m a football fan and I don't.

A narcissist only takes advice from the looking glass.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Understand from a client in the North East with links to Xxxxxxxxxx, that EFL are telling clubs that due to the earliest June start, they now have no choice and intend to abandon season for all leagues and want to make an announcement this week.

Feel proper ITK - bet everyone will be really complimentary and grateful.

Edited by Nero
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, striker said:

The handwash break after every throw in is also going to slow the game down, or are the players all wearing gloves and full ppe?

I thought it was compulsory for everyone to wash their hands after a throw anyway? ......

Bloody swear filter!

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Understand from a client in the North East with links to Xxxxxxxxxx, that EFL are telling clubs that due to the earliest June start, they now have no choice and intend to abandon season for all leagues and want to make an announcement this week.

Bloody ell...does the mean my tenner e/w on us going up is wasted....I even know some lumped on us going down they will be even more reyt sick.

☹️

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Bloody ell...does the mean my tenner e/w on us going up is wasted....I even know some lumped on us going down they will be even more reyt sick.

☹️

I'm quite pleased. Except for the season ticket which has been literally the biggest waste of money  (£555) ever.

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

As we’ll be entering our 20th season out of the top flight, I’m not sure I’d share your view if we were 6 points clear with 9 games left.

I would there is a far bigger picture here than football. If we were in Liverpool's position I would also feel the same

25 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

A narcissist only takes advice from the looking glass.

Garden centres can't open until tomoz...but the prem want to know yesterday.

🌺

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I'm quite pleased. Except for the season ticket which has been literally the biggest waste of money  (£555) ever.

You will get your mons back, look at it like an interest free loan to ya best mate

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

You will get your mons back, look at it like an interest free loan to ya best mate

lol

44 minutes ago, Nero said:

I hope your source is correct. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

They won't be if they've all lumped on their last few quid.......................................... and you're wrong.

lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

That's good news then, I had seen lots of people on social media saying it's going down to 60%.

Where I work we're off till mid June though subject to change at short notice. 

80% until August at least where required. The hope/expectation at that point is that many more will be in a position to get workers back at least on a part-time basis and so the subsidy will come down in September & October.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Simon Jordan on T/S explanation of some EPL team’s reluctance to finish the season at a neutral venue is 💯 about the clubs having been paid millions in advance for pitch side advertising rather than any other reason!

I heard this being discussed on 5 live yesterday, thankfully it got shouted down by the ex-pros on the show. I don't agree with the neutral venue approach for other reasons but this one doesn't wash with me. Most of the advertising boards at that level are electronic these days, surely it wouldn't be that hard to get them set up for each designated 'home' club at a neutral venue.