rickygoo

Latest Plans on Finishing The Season

13 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Throughout the entire pandemic the most important instruction from the Government to the population has been to maintain at least two metres distance from each other.

Football is NOT a no contact sport. 

If the players ignore that instruction, then they are breach of H&S Instructions.

If they observe the instruction, then the game becomes a no-contact sport, which is not what the supporters expect, and renders any promotion and relegation  decisions reached in that manner, absolutely fraudulent.

Any attempts to restart playing while under current circumstances is surely a nonsense.

When it comes to the workplace the instructions is "wherever possible" and if not possible try not to be face to face and if it is face to face it shouldn't be for more than 15 minutes at a time.  So it's vaguer than don't do it. 

28 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I agree with you

i do not want a promotion handed to me - we’ve achieved nothing yet.

and we have games against Fulham and Brentford to come.  Points and places are up for grabs.

i remember a scenario where Wolves were 11 points clear of us with 9 games to play and we over turned the deficit & beat them to promotion.

likewise our great escape season, bottom since before Christmas but surviving on the final day.. 

there is no given in sport. Nothing has been won.

PPG is reasonable but it’s messy. It obviously is not safe to return and clubs are severely going to struggle without a match day income.

stop the bleed in’ circus and void the lot of it.

were making the game look absolutely pathetic. 

Yes it would be tough for yourselves and Leeds if there wasn't promotion after a good season. Though you've only got to look at what happened to Leeds at the end of last season to know nothing is certain.

I don't think average PPG or deciding it on current positions will fly as there will be too many teams that will be miffed and won't agree.

At least you'll get another £15.5.M in parachute payments if still in the championship next season to soften the blow 🙂. Along with Swansea and Stoke. Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield will pick up £35M each in PP's, so hardly a disaster for them.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

At least you'll get another £15.5.M in parachute payments if still in the championship next season to soften the blow 🙂. Along with Swansea and Stoke. Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield will pick up £35M each in PP's, so hardly a disaster for them.

Of course that's assuming the EPL can afford to pay out

2 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

Of course that's assuming the EPL can afford to pay out

You're opening up a whole new can of worms now 😄

Mind you if the PL season can't be finished and there's no relegation, they will save £128M in PP's there.

They might have found a vaccine by the time they decide what’s happening. 

Bet the key workers who've put themselves in harms way over the last 7 weeks and still struggling to get a test, will be delighted to hear this.

Certainly boosted my morale to know that 22 players can have a kick about in an empty stadium. Don't worry lads, my daughter will still be doing double shifts in a care home and waiting in line while your 'essential work' resumes.

Premier League players set for testing at training

Wolverhampton Wanderers have become the first English Premier League club to install a drive-through Covid-19 testing station at their training ground for players and staff.

It is understood Wolves players are yet to use the procedure. Backroom staff have been tested in a process the Premier League hopes will become the template for other clubs across the English top-flight.

The testing takes place in the car park of the training ground and takes less than a minute.

The Premier League is hoping to restart the football season on 12 June. Some clubs have allowed players to train individually, although they are not yet allowed to take part in group sessions.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Bet the key workers who've put themselves in harms way over the last 7 weeks and still struggling to get a test, will be delighted to hear this.

Certainly boosted my morale to know that 22 players can have a kick about in an empty stadium. Don't worry lads, my daughter will still be doing double shifts in a care home and waiting in line while your 'essential work' resumes.

Premier League players set for testing at training

Wolverhampton Wanderers have become the first English Premier League club to install a drive-through Covid-19 testing station at their training ground for players and staff.

It is understood Wolves players are yet to use the procedure. Backroom staff have been tested in a process the Premier League hopes will become the template for other clubs across the English top-flight.

The testing takes place in the car park of the training ground and takes less than a minute.

The Premier League is hoping to restart the football season on 12 June. Some clubs have allowed players to train individually, although they are not yet allowed to take part in group sessions.

Where do they get these tests from; it takes 1 minute to test or to receive the result? 

Who is processing the testing? Do they get priority? 

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Where do they get these tests from; it takes 1 minute to test or to receive the result? 

Dont know, but any test  takes capacity away from those who genuinely need it.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Swab testing usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the results, my daughter in law who is an intensive care nurse finally managed to get one done last week.

There is a finger tail blood test that is fairly instant but availability is very limited. 

edit that should read fingerprick 

Edited by Hookowl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I agree with you

and we have games against Fulham and Brentford to come.  Points and places are up for grabs.

i remember a scenario where Wolves were 11 points clear of us with 9 games to play and we over turned the deficit & beat them to promotion.

likewise our great escape season, bottom since before Christmas but surviving on the final day.. 

PPG is reasonable but it’s messy. It obviously is not safe to return and clubs are severely going to struggle without a match day income.

As we’ll be entering our 20th season out of the top flight, I’m not sure I’d share your view if we were 6 points clear with 9 games left.

Will the ref have to sanitise his whistle every time he uses it?

Could be problematic. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Swab testing usually takes 2 to 3 days to get the results, my daughter in law who is an intensive care nurse finally managed to get one done last week.

There is a finger tail blood test that is fairly instant but availability is very limited. 

edit that should read fingerprick 

It is part of a £4m agreement between the Premier League and Hong Kong-based genetic testing company Prenetics according to the BBC article.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I agree with you

Fair play Liam.  Excellent post especially when you could easily be blinkered and have blind faith in finishing the season. 

I have pretty much been on the void the season bus for a while. Appreciate my views may be different if Wednesday were pushing for promotion. Just amazed we are not as is the Wednesday Way. 

Lots can happen in 9 or 10 games and historically that has been thd case. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

It is part of a £4m agreement between the Premier League and Hong Kong-based genetic testing company Prenetics according to the BBC article.

Sky must really be putting the squeeze on the premier league to resume the season. 

the government has just announced extending furloughing for another 4 months till October, surely they are not going to let football start very soon if the country is going to remain on hold.

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sky must really be putting the squeeze on the premier league to resume the season. 

They have realised that without football they really don't have much of an offering... suspect that they are being totally smashed by Netflix at the moment

To maintain their model they HAVE to have football being broadcast

So let me get this right

Football is installing an intensive testing system that tests non-essential workers as priority

10 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

the government has just announced extending furloughing for another 4 months till October, surely they are not going to let football start very soon if the country is going to remain on hold.

But I believe plan is cutting furloughing to 60% which is probably not enough for a lot of people, I know banks are helping with loan and mortgage payments at moment but I doubt they would be keen on it continuing for another few months. 

20 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Fair play Liam.  Excellent post especially when you could easily be blinkered and have blind faith in finishing the season. 

I have pretty much been on the void the season bus for a while. Appreciate my views may be different if Wednesday were pushing for promotion. Just amazed we are not as is the Wednesday Way. 

Lots can happen in 9 or 10 games and historically that has been thd case. 

cheers mate

my blind faith is in trying to save the football league.

promotions means nothing to me if the football pyramid is ruined with clubs going bust..

now is a great time for football in this country to reform itself... it won’t happen mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy bunny said:

So let me get this right

Football is installing an intensive testing system that tests non-essential workers as priority

Ridiculous isnt it.

Apart from family the vast majority of my 65 years as been centerd around football but my love for the game is being rapidly diminished by the selfishness & greed that dominates football currently.