Josh Windass: Keep or Kick?

I’ve been a bit underwhelmed by him so far but, as he’s come into a struggling side, he deserves to be cut some slack. I’m also not sure what his best position is either.

That said, he’s the right type of age and seems to have a goal in him. Seems to have a decent attitude too. At the right price & wages I’d be tempted as I imagine the right manager could get something out of him.

Haven’t seen enough to judge him fully yet. I know he’s scored a couple but haven’t really set the world alight performance wise. Guess it’s all dependant on finance and other factors.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

No chance of us keeping him, unless we’re planning for League One. None of the January signings have improved us in any significant way

What a strange thought process,why is there no chance,and how does the signing of him mean we are planning for the sh-t kickin  league.

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

What a strange thought process,why is there no chance,and how does the signing of him mean we are planning for the sh-t kickin  league.

Have you seen anything to suggest he has the ability to play for us at this level?

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I've seen him play for Wigan and us at this level,hasn't looked out of place for either.

All about opinions I suppose, but playing games for a side that can’t win a championship game is hardly a ringing endorsement None of the January signings have improved us at all, and I wouldn’t touch any of them

Kick. Not been impressed, the reports I read prior to seeing him and the few times id seen him myself have been confirmed he's not good enough to improve us.

Wickham clearly is no where near fit, if he could get himself that way with a good pre season and injury free he may be able to regain some of the class we have seen in the past but is it a risk we can take ?? I love Wickham and hope he can.

Da Cruz doesn't look up to it.

Guest wilyfox

He's done some good things. There are encouraging signs, but really needs a run in the team to prove himself before we can judge. Of our loan signings, I'd say he looks the most likely at this stage to consider permanently. Wickham & Murphy way too costly, Bates an outcast, and da Cruz yet to show he can hurt defences over here. 

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

...but playing games for a side that can’t win a championship game is hardly a ringing endorsement 

By the same token, Iorfa and Fletcher must be useless then?

And what of the side that got relegated in 1990 (Hirst, Sheridan, Palmer, Pearson, Atkinson etc)?

Edited by DJMortimer

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

All about opinions I suppose, but playing games for a side that can’t win a championship game is hardly a ringing endorsement....

He's still got a year on his contract at Wigan and they paid £2 Million for him, so I think they will want a decent fee for him. If so, for me it's a no.

Though just because he's a Wigan player doesn't necessarily make him a bad player. For me they have 2 of the best full backs in the Championship in Antonee Robinson and Nathan Byrne. I would have both of them at Wednesday in a heartbeat. 

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

Keep. Need to form a core of players the right side of 30 that want to be here. We're not in a position to compete with other clubs in the division for top talent unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

By the same token, Iorfa and Fletcher must be useless then?

I’m not saying he’s useless, I’m saying he’s done nothing so far to improve the side. Iorfa and Fletcher have both delivered in plenty of games this season. To be honest, I’m still trying to work out where Windass would fit in. He doesn’t have the guile to play the number ten role, has neither the speed nor trickery to play out wide, and he isn’t that perpetual motion man we need in midfield

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I’m not saying he’s useless, I’m saying he’s done nothing so far to improve the side.

He's scored one fewer goal in 4 appearances than Bannan, Lee, Hutchinson, Pelupessy and Da Cruz have managed in 110 between them.