Jump to content
@owlstalk

Potential points deduction, keep eye on this case

Recommended Posts

Must have missed Plymouth's issues. Why would they get points deducted. Had them e/w at the start of the season so this could really mess up my winnings if the current standings will be used!! :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Must have missed Plymouth's issues. Why would they get points deducted. Had them e/w at the start of the season so this could really mess up my winnings if the current standings will be used!! :mad:

 

Looks like Nixon was in such a rush to break the news (the modern disease) that he didn't proof read sufficiently. As far as I know, this is regarding Macclesfield being unable to fulfill a fixture against Plymouth due to stadium safety issues.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Looks like Nixon was in such a rush to break the news (the modern disease) that he didn't proof read sufficiently. As far as I know, this is regarding Macclesfield being unable to fulfill a fixture against Plymouth due to stadium safety issues.

 

Crikey! That's quite the mistake for a professional journalist to make.

 

Making sure you're writing about the right club is lesson 1, part 1.

 

:duntmatter:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Further to an Independent Disciplinary Commission hearing on Tuesday 21st April 2020, Macclesfield Town can confirm that the Club have been served with an immediate seven point deduction - with two additional points suspended.

 

This has been imposed as a result of two further misconduct charges, which the Club admitted at the earliest possible opportunity.

These being non-fulfilment of the scheduled Sky Bet League Two fixture against Plymouth Argyle on 21st December 2019 and the non-payment of players on the applicable payment date back in February 2020.

 

The panel ruled that a sporting sanction of four points should be applied immediately in relation to these charges, with two points suspended on the condition that the Club does not breach any further Regulations this season.

In addition to this, the Arbitration panel also ruled that three suspended points which related to previous charges should be applied immediately.

 

This means that the Club now reside in 23rd position within the Sky Bet League Two table, having amassed a revised total of 25 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

And there we have it


For anyone thinking Wednesday will get off simply because of Covid-19 or that people might go easy on us because of it think again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

And there we have it


For anyone thinking Wednesday will get off simply because of Covid-19 or that people might go easy on us because of it think again

 

A points deduction won't have much affect if 50% of clubs fold over next 12 months and leagues are completely changed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

anyone thinking Wednesday will get off 

 

get off what ?  We've done nothing wrong !! lol

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bradowl said:

A points deduction won't have much affect if 50% of clubs fold over next 12 months and leagues are completely changed. 

 

 

My cheese sandwich won't fill me up if I get run over by a lorry

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brutal from The EFL. 7 points on top of a club that’s already received 4 points deduction already. Pretty much relegated them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

My cheese sandwich won't fill me up if I get run over by a lorry

 

Was it a blue lorry, red lorry, yellow lorry....bet you can't say that.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

My cheese sandwich won't fill me up if I get run over by a lorry

 

Is that factually correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Brutal from The EFL. 7 points on top of a club that’s already received 4 points deduction already. Pretty much relegated them.


I know each case is different but punishing a club for not fulfilling a fixture and effectively letting another club off with the same thing just down the road doesn’t seem right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Miffed said:


I know each case is different but punishing a club for not fulfilling a fixture and effectively letting another club off with the same thing just down the road doesn’t seem right.

Which other club is this - have I missed a news item somewhere along the line ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockieOwl said:

Must have missed Plymouth's issues. Why would they get points deducted. Had them e/w at the start of the season so this could really mess up my winnings if the current standings will be used!! :mad:

The issue was marketing Cornish Pasties that were clearly made in Devon.

It was either make their own or poison people with Ginsters and they got caught out.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Which other club is this - have I missed a news item somewhere along the line ?


Bolton got a 5 point deduction for failing to fulfil their fixtures against Brentford last season and Doncaster this season. The points were suspended though and I believe that Bolton now have their house in order which effectively means they got away with any punishment. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

For those thinking points deductions might get squashed due to Covid19

 

Have there been many who've said this? I've not followed all of the various threads which have discussed the different aspects of the pandemic or the EFL cases.

 

That seems like a really odd thing to expect. What's the logic behind it?

 

If the EFL can get their charges to stick, then I fully expect them to follow through with a punishment, coronavirus or not.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if Macc have got their house in order? as seemed a bit of a mess their and long standing issues. Think the points deduction is the least of their worries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...