To Owlstalk, From The Star’s Wednesday Team…

Guest Grez Bez

Sounds great.

I think a fresh start between the Star and fanbase was needed and this is a great way to start that.

Good luck guys. 

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

It's called a difference of opinion why do you vilify posters if the matters not up for debate lock it and then only your opinion counts 

I think you've got all confused mate.

All matters have been debated. My opinion is purely and only my opinion. Just like yours is yours.

That's why (in this very thread, including YOUR post by YOU) are about things that have all been debated.

Owlstalk Shop

Good luck in your new job pal, one thing you could do straight away is point out to your boss that the way they currently do things online is incredibly frustrating to the point where I don't even try anymore. Everyone I speak to says the same. It must work for the publishers but God knows how, the uptake must be minute for a catchment area this big. I still buy a print copy every now and again when I pass a vendor and will look out for your work. UTO.

1 hour ago, TommyCraig said:

Good luck in your new job pal, one thing you could do straight away is point out to your boss that the way they currently do things online is incredibly frustrating to the point where I don't even try anymore. Everyone I speak to says the same. It must work for the publishers but God knows how, the uptake must be minute for a catchment area this big. I still buy a print copy every now and again when I pass a vendor and will look out for your work. UTO.

I can't  remember when I last saw a print copy... as for the online copy  lol

Good luck Joe and Alex. I think that there's now some healthy competition between the Star, Yorkshire Live and the Athletic - we're seeing some excellent material I think.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if and when football returns. I hope that there will still be a mixture of longer pieces and history along with reporting in depth what is going on at the time.

Nail that and sort out the website so I can actually read stuff on my phone - and I'd pay a few quid for it. 

As members of the Press, is there any chance that you could get Yorkshire TV to compile some of the archive footage of us from the 70's and 80's that for whatever reason doesn't seem to be around any longer so they can be added to the archive section here?

Also, in the 80's the club used to video every game and then show them on the football specials travelling to away matches a week or two later. Would be great if those could somehow re-surface!

I stopped reading the Star about 6 or 7 years ago, quality of reporting, or lack of it, the bias and cow- towing to that murky lot from the stain and the re hashing of old news

but Joe i am going to give it another go - best of luck

Welcoe. Something I very rarely say to Press of any description 

A word to our fellow readers on OT. Don't expect these chaps to know, or be able to know, everything. There are lots of things in any business that are on a need to know basis. NOT because they are furtive or corrupt, but often for purely business reasons.. And occasionally the word is ' can't say' not because they won't but because they don't know.

Good Luck, Guys, you've taken on a soul-destroying job.Can't win with management, can't satisfy the supporters.

It's not been a good start.

According to the star today Westwood is out of contract at the end of this season. Yesterday it was claimed Rhodes is out of contract too at the end of this season.

I stand to be corrected but this is wrong isn't it?

Sure they are both contracted to 2021

24 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Good luck. Unfortunately any local newspaper has to be mindful of biting the hand that feeds, so too many questions about certain issues is probably unrealistic.

they also fundamentally have to get their facts right

So when discussing out of contract players.....

Todays column piece was about the play off final team and those who have left and are out of contract at the end of this season (Kieran Westwood  being one of them..Wrong)

Yesterday was a story about Alex Bruce saying how Jordan Rhodes moving to Celtic would be a great move....and (the reporter) saying Rhodes is out of contract at the end of the season

its bizarre?

@YesWeCrann

35 minutes ago, Dot said:

they also fundamentally have to get their facts right

So when discussing out of contract players.....

Todays column piece was about the play off final team and those who have left and are out of contract at the end of this season (Kieran Westwood  being one of them..Wrong)

Yesterday was a story about Alex Bruce saying how Jordan Rhodes moving to Celtic would be a great move....and (the reporter) saying Rhodes is out of contract at the end of the season

its bizarre?

@YesWeCrann

NoWeCrant

• Haha 2