To Owlstalk, From The Star’s Wednesday Team…

23 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I don't think he got mauled Neil I think his choice of words brought that on 

Pig swill.

What in the world is remotely offensive about...

“The case against Sheffield Wednesday has more in favour of it. If Sheffield Wednesday get off, I think Derby certainly will. If Sheffield Wednesday get found guilty, I think Derby potentially still have a chance. That’s where we are at present.”

Too many hypersensitive, over-protective crybabies.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Not hypersensitive over-protective crybabies, just people who see things very differently to you 😛

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Pig swill.

What in the world is remotely offensive about...

You have omitted the part of 'Hiding behind rules' which brought a lot of it on. If you are going to quote to give context use the whole piece and not just the bit that suits your agenda

Edited to add - not crybabies just a differing point of view. 

Edited by soldierboyblue

2 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Oof, shots fired.

I can sense a boycott coming on.

If only you were joking. If these guys cant report whats really going on at S6 and get a ban then might as well officially make the "Stir" Uniteds partner and fanzine.(Not far from that now ).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

You have omitted the part of 'Hiding behind rules' which brought a lot of it on. If you are going to quote to give context use the whole piece and not just the bit that suits your agenda

"Suits your agenda" is a lazy catchprase often used by hypersensitive, over-protective crybabies to be honest.

And I copied it directly from the 11 page thread about him where things kicked off and there was no mention of hiding behind the rules in that one, so stop using "the bit that suits your agenda", especially when it doesn't even exist.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

"Suits your agenda" is a lazy catchprase often used by hypersensitive, over-protective crybabies to be honest.

And I copied it directly from the 11 page thread about him where things kicked off and there was no mention of hiding behind the rules in that one, so stop using "the bit that suits your agenda", especially when it doesn't even exist.

Hypersensitive is one thing that I have never ever been called and after a 25 career in the Army is something that would never even cross my mind.

I am not getting into an argument as it's pointless you see things very differently as is your right so we will agree to disagree 

Edited by soldierboyblue

With regards to Kieran Maguire’s opinion when it comes to Sheffield Wednesday, Vic Reeves Big Night Out comes to mind.

You can imagine him screaming at his TV ‘You Wouldn’t Let it Lie’ and roaring on Judge Nutmeg while singing ‘Spin, Spin, Spin the Wheel of Justice, See how fast the b@st@rd turns’?

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Not hypersensitive over-protective crybabies, just people who see things very differently to you 😛

OK then.

Wednesday, Villa and Derby have all been charged with selling their stadiums to entities set up by their owners at values the EFL finds to be questionable.

However, only in one of those cases is there a significant question mark about when the transaction was completed as evidenced by public comments by the chairman, the completion of the sale through the Land Registry and the transferring of funds between the interested parties.

This fellow has merely pointed out what appears to be a matter of incontrovertible fact. So can you explain why that is at all offensive or outrageous?

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least.

This is what has resulted in Maguire getting hammered, not the rest of it

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Wednesday, Villa and Derby have all been charged with selling their stadiums to entities set up by their owners at values the EFL finds to be questionable.

The EFL are not the law - as you well know and we have acted within the law. This is why we haven't been found guilty and you well know it

2 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The EFL are not the law - as you well know and we have acted within the law. This is why we haven't been found guilty and you well know it

Have I suggested they are the law? :huh:

Have I suggested their case will be upheld? :huh:

Have we been found not guilty? :huh:

Apart from all that (quite a feat in just two sentences), you're quite right. :huh:

And that completely ignores the whole point of why Maguire was perfectly justified in pointing out the incontrovertible facts that there are more elements to our case than there are to Derby's and Villa's, and that therefore it is likely to be much stronger.

Jeez.

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least.

This is what has resulted in Maguire getting hammered, not the rest of it

Take a look at this thread I've linked below. I included every single word of his quote about the EFL having a stronger case against us than Derby. The attack began with the third post in this thread and several posters waded in with varying degrees of outrage.

But the 'hidden behind the rules' quote does not even get referred to as far as I can tell until PAGE NINE.

34 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

OK then.

However, only in one of those cases is there a significant question mark about when the transaction was completed as evidenced by public comments by the chairman, the completion of the sale through the Land Registry and the transferring of funds between the interested parties.

This fellow has merely pointed out what appears to be a matter of incontrovertible fact. So can you explain why that is at all offensive or outrageous?

Did I ever say it was offensive or outrageous. He’s entitled to his opinion, as are you, as am I?

The thing I brought up is that he tends to highlight Wednesday’s position more than others? It’s as if he’s willing us to get well and truly f***ed so he can run around particularly on twitter saying I’m right, your wrong, up yours?

What he doesn’t grasp is football fans are parochial, not hypersensitive as you eloquently put but sensitive. If someone is criticising something close to your heart like our football club is to us and is constantly sticking the boot in like he constantly does to ours (and even though you might think he doesn’t, I think he does) you are going to get some flack chucked back in return.

I’m as fed up with this EFL P&S farce as most of us are and I’m fed up with him banging on about it.

Well as you can see in this thread not only is discussing finances, chansiri, or SWFC business dealings unwise for any journalist or pundit, it actually instantly turns you into some kind of anti-swfc monster that gets ripped to absolute bits.

The fans even argue with each other on just how much he gets ripped to bits, or even more bizarrely what he gets ripped to bits for

My point is proven already

Owlstalk Shop

43 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The thing I brought up is that he tends to highlight Wednesday’s position more than others? It’s as if he’s willing us to get well and truly f***ed so he can run around particularly on twitter saying I’m right, your wrong, up yours?

I've just spent a while on his Twitter feed, going through the last several hundred items he's pinned there, dating back well over a month. In all of that, we were singled out specifically 4 times. There was considerably more about his book (mentioned a lot), social distancing, podcasts, wage deferrals, staff furloughing, plenty of statistics relating to the Premier League and Championship, the finances of the FA, Newcastle, Burnley, Leeds, West Brom, Blackburn, Reading, Wigan, Charlton and Hibernian, and just as much about those of Manchester United, Hartlepool, Ipswich, Brentford and Arbroath. The death of Michael Robinson got as much attention as we did in that time.

He may be a bit of a tool at times, but I simply do not see this supposed vendetta against us, or indeed anyone else.

Anyway, this thread has been seriously derailed.

Edited by DJMortimer

4 hours ago, YesWeCrann said:

How’s it going everybody? Hope everybody’s doing alright in these crazy times.

So this is a letter to the Sheffield Wednesday forum from The Star’s Sheffield Wednesday team, which is me, Joe, and my esteemed colleague, Alex Miller.

We’re writing to you because we just wanted to introduce ourselves properly now that we’ve officially started working together to try and bring to Wednesdayites the best coverage of the team that we can...

...It won’t all be good news, it can never be in our industry, but we’ll make sure that we’re always fair, balanced and well-intentioned in everything that we produce. 

Good luck chaps.

• Haha 1