Jump to content
YesWeCrann

To Owlstalk, From The Star’s Wednesday Team…

Recommended Posts

 


Well this is just refreshingly brilliant!


I know you guys know the challenge ahead of you, the perceptions from before your time, and the rabid needs of the fans for something meaty to read every single day so it's fantastic you've just dropped this post out.

Can't remember the last time a local journalist reached out like this. 

You deserve every success with an attitude like that mate.

UP THE OWLS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe try some in depth reporting on the finances behind the club.

A little more clarity to the subject rather than just wild speculation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lanzaroteowl said:

Maybe try some in depth reporting on the finances behind the club.

A little more clarity to the subject rather than just wild speculation 


That's an absolutely guaranteed way to immediately self sabotage your new job at the Star, get the fans hating you, and ruin your chances of ever being read again.


Our fans can't handle reporting on the finances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, @owlstalk said:


That's an absolutely guaranteed way to immediately self sabotage your new job at the Star, get the fans hating you, and ruin your chances of ever being read again.


Our fans can't handle reporting on the finances.

 

I have had a few spats on here with you about it.

That's because neither of us knows what's really going on and are just arguing from pro and anti DC stances.

Proper investigation from clued up journos will help.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lanzaroteowl said:

 

I have had a few spats on here with you about it.

That's because neither of us knows what's really going on and are just arguing from pro and anti DC stances.

Proper investigation from clued up journos will help.

 

 


Yeah it would help throw some real info out there, but our fans would instantly demonise whichever journalist did it


It would be game over for them.

 

That's what I was getting at really..

 

Ps - I've never argued anything from a pro Chansiri or anti Chansiri stance which further proves my point that just the mention of him/finances immediately clouds people's perceptions of others and the topic.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you both do all of that , that is all we ask. Thanks and good luck. How refreshing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting change in direction by the new man.

Two thoughts on this.

1. How will it generate revenue for The Star 

2. Will a true Wednesdayite like Joe be any better at getting the detail on things like the dressing room culture. The facts behind the ongoing dispute with the EFL. Progress on contract discussions etc etc.

 

Best of luck Joe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to be difficult to keep the fan base, and the powers that be onside at the same time. DC has his way of doing things, and keeping the supporters informed isn’t on his agenda. This conflicts hugely with what you’re hoping to achieve. My best guess is you’ll have to water down, what you want to say, or you’ll get frozen out by DC. Good luck, you’re going to need it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Interesting change in direction by the new man.

Two thoughts on this.

1. How will it generate revenue for The Star 

2. Will a true Wednesdayite like Joe be any better at getting the detail on things like the dressing room culture. The facts behind the ongoing dispute with the EFL. Progress on contract discussions etc etc.

 

Best of luck Joe.


I'll let Joe answer that but here's what I'm thinking..

 

1) Greater fan engagement and more of a two way relationship leads to more positive outlook towards them and their articles, leading to more people having confidence in perhaps going back to reading The Star.

2) Being a true Wednesdayite (and Owlstalk member) means Joe will undoubtedbly understand what fans really actually want to learn, know, understand, and experience. Basically it means he's already an expert on our club. (I use the term expert with some caution given the mauling everyone gave Kieran Maguire this week after being called one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hallelujah! I think this is the news some have been waiting for. 
 

I think you have a tough job at the moment...it’s walking the tightrope of not getting banned from Hillsborough for asking probing questions whilst getting some information out the club! 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thinking of topics that don’t involve DC

 

Maybe find out;

 

1) whether Westwood is a is a pain in the arse, like some seem to think (or know). 

 

2) why the same players are so inconsistent throughout the season and debunk or prove the ‘fear’ of playing at Hillsborough. From 3rd to nowhere is such a short space of time..what happened? 
 

3) who are our scouts (still the ex-Villa guy and others) and what is the strategy? Are we focusing on any particular market? 

 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Chairman’s relationship with the Local Media from the outside looking in seems very fractured to say the very least?

 

Trying to get past the barriers that seem to exist at Hillsborough will be difficult. Using a Rainbow analogy of the Local Media, George managed it recently by getting an interview with the Chairman. Bungle still seems to be sidelined? Let’s see how Zippy does? 

 

Best of Luck 😀

 

 

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

"We know how important it is that the city’s local paper reflects the fanbase of its biggest club."

 

Oof, shots fired.
 

I can sense a boycott coming on.

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to owlstalk. Not sure if you are familiar with this forum and it’s inmates, but nice idea introducing yourselves. Hope you keep posting, that way you’ll get to know who the real nutters are, who the pretend nutters are, and who the nutters are. Good luck.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Welcome to owlstalk. Not sure if you are familiar with this forum and it’s inmates, but nice idea introducing yourselves. Hope you keep posting, that way you’ll get to know who the real nutters are, who the pretend nutters are, and who the nutters are. Good luck.



Joe's been a member for over 5 years mate

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 


Well this is just refreshingly brilliant!


I know you guys know the challenge ahead of you, the perceptions from before your time, and the rabid needs of the fans for something meaty to read every single day so it's fantastic you've just dropped this post out.

Can't remember the last time a local journalist reached out like this. 

You deserve every success with an attitude like that mate.

UP THE OWLS

Actually Neil I disagree with you! 

Just kidding how can anyone not support that sentiment. 

Look forward to reading your reports Joe 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Basically it means he's already an expert on our club. (I use the term expert with some caution given the mauling everyone gave Kieran Maguire this week after being called one)

I don't think he got mauled Neil I think his choice of words brought that on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...