Is Sheffield's industrial relevance REALLY gone?

28 minutes ago, S2HighfieldOwl said:

Personally, I think Wednesday should take more claim on our industrial heritage, it played a big part in the formation of our club and we should make more of an effort to acknowledge it

how do you mean?

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

how do you mean?

A potential marketing drive based on and focussing on the city and what makes it tick - us ordinary working class people who spend our hard earned money on watching them gutless chuffs every weekend. What better way to get people interested again than discounted ticket prices for certain Sheffield postcodes for certain games? (When fans are allowed back ofc) Or other incentives. And the one thing that all Sheffielders have in common is our city

46 minutes ago, S2HighfieldOwl said:

A potential marketing drive based on and focussing on the city and what makes it tick - us ordinary working class people who spend our hard earned money on watching them gutless chuffs every weekend. What better way to get people interested again than discounted ticket prices for certain Sheffield postcodes for certain games? (When fans are allowed back ofc) Or other incentives. And the one thing that all Sheffielders have in common is our city

Yes I am very proud to live in the Sheffield City region but I more meant what you meant about our links to the steel industry

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yes I am very proud to live in the Sheffield City region but I more meant what you meant about our links to the steel industry

Potential sponsorships/partnerships with steel manufacturers still based in the city? Maybe make it more of a focal point in marketing? Not suggesting we become 'Blades.2' but it might help with fan-club connection, I think so anyway 

1 minute ago, S2HighfieldOwl said:

Potential sponsorships/partnerships with steel manufacturers still based in the city? Maybe make it more of a focal point in marketing? Not suggesting we become 'Blades.2' but it might help with fan-club connection, I think so anyway 

Wouldn't you rather re connect with Mr Tom- the seriously nutty bar?

• Haha 1