Deadline For Decision on This Season..

7 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

As you say, the Germans have managed the whole process very well and are in a much better position with regard to re-starting the Bundesliga.

Agree with you that football without fans is pretty pointless, although have to say I’ve missed the game less than I expected.  My thoughts on Premier League starting again next month are more to do with PL determination to avoid loss of TV money, although this might be less likely now after news in papers this morning.  Personally I would declare season void across all leagues and start new season once supporters able to return.

Agree, got used to no football. What I do miss is the day out going to the game with my son ( quality time). Would void the season and plan for the next. Missed the news this AM have the PL changed their minds.

51 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Agree, got used to no football. What I do miss is the day out going to the game with my son ( quality time). Would void the season and plan for the next. Missed the news this AM have the PL changed their minds.

They wont change their minds until the government force them to, then they can say its not their fault its the governments

the government don't want to say anything because it would be unpopular, so we will wait and drift along until it cant happen then its just that they have ran out of time, win win for everyone

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

I've no idea why you picked up a virus. It could be any number of reasons. It could be that you picked it up prior to leaving home, or at the airport. One theory is that during our daily grind our body is constantly producing stress hormones, such as adrenaline, which can help to ward off infection. But once we relax, these levels drop and make us susceptible to illness, so it could be down to that. As for planes, believe what you want, but I've never picked up a virus after flying.

As for football grounds, I've never picked up a virus, but then there has never been a virus in our lives like Covid-19. If you have the attitude that you can just wander around because you are not in a certain group of people who can be affected, then quite frankly you're extremely short sighted. How the hell do you think viruses spread? From person to person, and you could be the person spreading it, to others who are at risk.

Do you watch the news? Do you realise that people from every age group, without underlying medical conditions, are dying every day from this? I bet you believe that 5G has something to do with this too!

Your attitude to this is completely wrong and IMHO it's people with this kind of attitude who are keeping the rest of locked-down, as those are the kinds of people who take unecessary risks and journeys.

Well i wont get it , im avoiding the worst places which are supermarkets , public transport etc , i go to work but keep 2 metres plus distance ,if i get it i cant work and then it creates a panic in others even 2 weeks after, im not scared whatsoever of it and anyone under 50 who are healthy shouldnt have any worries. Its purely on who u live with and  your own personal circumstances, if u live with an elderly or someone with health issues then clearly you would also need to isolate. All im seeing is utter carnage with all this ,lives ruined ,job gone bankruptcy,  and evictions from homes what cant be paid . There is no easy answers, there will be better treatments over coming months ,but a vaccine just aint happening ,is everyone prepared to stay locked away in there houses for 2 years? Vaccine if ever wont be till 2022 for the general public and then it might not have much use.

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, the third man said:

They wont change their minds until the government force them to, then they can say its not their fault its the governments

the government don't want to say anything because it would be unpopular, so we will wait and drift along until it cant happen then its just that they have ran out of time, win win for everyone

Gov didn't stop football in the first place, the football authorities did. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Gov didn't stop football in the first place, the football authorities did. 

Under pressure from everyone and just before the government would have banned it anyway, and who stopped it wont have an effect on who decides to stop the season restarting

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

A common cold is a virus. Have you never caught a cold within three days of going to a game. I don't know how old you are but how would you even remember or take note of something like that? 

Well i used to go clubbing and it was always on a monday when i got a bad cold or virus ,i cut that out years ago and dont get them now , only 2-3 days after a flight sometimes. An enclosed enviroment is a breeding ground ,outdoors is not.  I find it unbeliable that healthy premier league footballers are worried about dieing from this , for under 30s its a million to 1 ,and those what sadly passed away under the age of 30 , all 27 either had or most likely had serious health issues. 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

im not scared whatsoever of it and anyone under 50 who are healthy shouldnt have any worries.

Maybe so...but what happens when the nhs is overwhelmed. Then a young fit person breaks a leg but can't get treatment...

Or a pregnant women..or a youngster with measles etc etc.

After Germany relaxed lockdown slightly, cases are on the increase again and similar in France.

Most of the world are taking a similar stance to us, surely the whole world can't be wrong.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, the third man said:

Under pressure from everyone and just before the government would have banned it anyway, and who stopped it wont have an effect on who decides to stop the season restarting

Decision-makers are irrelevant. Play can only resume if safe, fair, and pragmatic. That's why it stopped in the first place. Blaming any party for stopping or starting matters not. 

Guest Mcguigan
12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Well i used to go clubbing and it was always on a monday when i got a bad cold or virus ,i cut that out years ago and dont get them now , only 2-3 days after a flight sometimes. An enclosed enviroment is a breeding ground ,outdoors is not.  I find it unbeliable that healthy premier league footballers are worried about dieing from this , for under 30s its a million to 1 ,and those what sadly passed away under the age of 30 , all 27 either had or most likely had serious health issues. 

Read somewhere, a professional footballer is more likely to die from a clash of heads on the pitch, than from this virus.

15 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Read somewhere, a professional footballer is more likely to die from a clash of heads on the pitch, than from this virus.

But it will only need one, or any other member of their family or anyone else attached to the club

not everyone in football is a player

Guest Mcguigan
5 minutes ago, the third man said:

But it will only need one, or any other member of their family or anyone else attached to the club

not everyone in football is a player

Even some of the actual players.

37 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Maybe so...but what happens when the nhs is overwhelmed. Then a young fit person breaks a leg but can't get treatment...

Or a pregnant women..or a youngster with measles etc etc.

After Germany relaxed lockdown slightly, cases are on the increase again and similar in France.

Most of the world are taking a similar stance to us, surely the whole world can't be wrong.

only 27% used at min hardly at breaking point . because of creating a massive fear nobody is going anywhere near hospitals due to massive anxiety , this is coming from several top professors who cant understand why the gov has created unnecessary fear in all age groups which he calls the over 75 virus . how many under 60s will have missed vital hospital treatments or checks or even appointments with gps what are and can be life threatening.  if the nhs is getting overwhelmed or anywhere near it then clearly you need lockdown but only for that reason. this isn't something whats going through the plug hole next week its here for possibly years until next one comes. the sooner people realise this the better. it is totally unviable in every way to have unlimited lockdown , even if it stopped 2moro many lives will be ruined ,jobs and business gone forever. the sad reality in life is death , these daily totals are doing too much mental damage to many people causing great fear which is totally out of context with the risk. if I was over 70-80 id be very worried and frightened wondering if it will ever be safe to go out again as every day is precious to them some cant go bowling ,club etc and wonder if they will ever be going again, very sad. 

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

2 kids have sadly died out of 10 million and both had very likely conditions

Total registered cases of COVID-19 worldwide, as of earlier this evening, was 4.152 million. In this country alone, I can find news reports for the deaths of 4 children (aged 13, 11, 5 and three weeks). 

So these statistics are obviously wrong in the first instance. But they also disregard large swathes of relevant issues such as the nature of transmission, the capability of the NHS to cope with submissions, the number of people requiring long term intensive treatment, potential long term organ damage to those who have recovered, the lack of data about any period of immunity, knock-on effects from those in hospital or in self-isolation and incomplete research about the survivability of the virus etc. 

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Which is nonsense because nobody knows what happens to players who have this virus and return to football because it hasn't happened yet

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Well i wont get it , im avoiding the worst places which are supermarkets , public transport etc , i go to work but keep 2 metres plus distance ,if i get it i cant work and then it creates a panic in others even 2 weeks after, im not scared whatsoever of it and anyone under 50 who are healthy shouldnt have any worries. Its purely on who u live with and  your own personal circumstances, if u live with an elderly or someone with health issues then clearly you would also need to isolate. All im seeing is utter carnage with all this ,lives ruined ,job gone bankruptcy,  and evictions from homes what cant be paid . There is no easy answers, there will be better treatments over coming months ,but a vaccine just aint happening ,is everyone prepared to stay locked away in there houses for 2 years? Vaccine if ever wont be till 2022 for the general public and then it might not have much use.

But if you went to a stadium packed with supporters, or on a train or in to a pub, you might. That's the point I am trying to make. God forbid you do of course, but if you do, then who knows how you will be.

At best, you may be asymptomatic which is the worst case for everyone around you, as you will show no symptoms, but will be contagious and that is how it spreads. If you are showing symptoms of the virus, you have gone beyond being contagious - as far as I am aware, but you may well have passed that on to anyone who you have been in contact with. That is why we are in lockdown. Pure and simple.

It is carnage, I agree, but what else could any Government do? Nobody has ever seen this virus before, so nobody knew what to do. It's a fine balancing act between controlling the spread of the virus, and our rights to freedom and keeping the economy going. Without a vaccine, which is likely to be at least 12 months off from being generally availble, what other options were there but to lockdown the country? That is saving lives, and without people there is no economy.

As for not being scared, you shouldn't be, but you sure as hell should be sensible because if you are, and everyone else is, then there is nothing to be scared about. But the moment we get people meeting in large groups or more of idoitic behaviour like people travelling 300 miles to buy puppies in Cumbria, before we have this under complete control, there will be even greater carnage.

And if it takes two years, which it won't, then the vast majority will understand and conform. It's the only way to live.