Essix Blue

Deadline For Decision on This Season..

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

So effectively, top level football in this country out of the question until a vaccine is found then?

People will be testing positive or showing symptoms of this virus for years and years to come. Are we going to null and void every season going forward as soon as someone catches it.

It should be, yeah. It probably won't be due to the money involved, though.

As long as social distancing measures are such that contact sports are unplayable, that's how they should remain.

I also wouldn't even entertain the idea of games taking place behind closed doors for the health and safety reasons I outlined above, but also as I believe that football without fans is a dreadful idea and could lead to a long-term drop-off in attendances.

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The German plans don't help. I thought they'd kick a restart into the long grass but they've done the opposite. 

I suspect that means the Premier League will re-start next month.  Only question might be around whether relegation would be off the table, which could in turn impact any plans for resumption of Championship.

Honestly couldn't give a rats ass about football right now.

Easing and managing the lockdown so I can see my  family is far more important to me than men kicking a bit of leather round the pitch for 90 minutes

Bundesliga to resume on 16th May. 

Some decent football to watch. 

23 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

FA cup semi final? 

Get the ante post bets on quick!

25 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

Honestly couldn't give a rats ass about football right now.

Easing and managing the lockdown so I can see my  family is far more important to me than men kicking a bit of leather round the pitch for 90 minutes

There's always lots of things more important than football. There's more important things than deciding which packet of crisps to eat which was what I was thinking about just now but it didn't stop me choosing. You're not immoral if you think of things other than Covid-19 every now and again.  I'm also thinking of getting back to work as soon as it's OK. 

Marmite if you're interested. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There's always lots of things more important than football. There's more important things than deciding which packet of crisps to eat which was what I was thinking about just now but it didn't stop me choosing. You're not immoral if you think of things other than Covid-19 every now and again.  I'm also thinking of getting back to work as soon as it's OK. 

Didn't know you could get marmite crisps, I'm not really a crisp eater but will try some of those.

12 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Didn't know you could get marmite crisps, I'm not really a crisp eater but will try some of those.

They are off the scale good. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

It’s a multi-pack job. 

A595A45B-37AC-4719-BC60-3D625841E80A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It’s a multi-pack job. 

A595A45B-37AC-4719-BC60-3D625841E80A.jpeg

Definitely want to try some but the amount of crisps I eat they would last me for 6 months lol

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

You can also get small individually wrapped cheeses in Marmite flavour. Bloody lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Bit like some of your posts!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I suspect that means the Premier League will re-start next month.  Only question might be around whether relegation would be off the table, which could in turn impact any plans for resumption of Championship.

Like the leagues in this country most teams in the Bundesliga have 9 games to play. They are planning to finish the last weekend in June. With how far we are behind in terms of lock down and training together for teams, the schedule seems much tighter for us and once June is done, contract expiry comes into play. 

Season will be cancelled end of thread

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Bit like some of your posts!

That's like the pot calling the kettle grimy arse.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That's like the pot calling the kettle grimy arse.

It was a joke tetchy! :wub:  My bottom is spotless thank you very much! 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was a joke tetchy! :wub:  My bottom is spotless thank you very much! 

So was mine.

On 06/05/2020 at 17:57, FroggattOwls said:

Golf should be easy to play with family groups.

You really don't understand the concept of golf do you. Golf is, and should remain, the perfect way to escape family.

lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The only reason people on here are adamant that voiding the season is the only fair thing to do is because it suits SWFC.

Think for a minute, if we were top of the league, almost certain for promotion would you accept that?

I want the best for us too but how anyone can think that voiding the season is fair is beyond me. The only teams rewarded are the ones who've been absolutely dogger all season and staring relegation down or teams with local rivals doing well. 

I hate Leeds with a passion but if we were in their shoes the tune coming from this thread would be very different. 

• Like 1