Deadline For Decision on This Season..

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The German plans don't help. I thought they'd kick a restart into the long grass but they've done the opposite. 

I suspect that means the Premier League will re-start next month.  Only question might be around whether relegation would be off the table, which could in turn impact any plans for resumption of Championship.

Honestly couldn't give a rats ass about football right now.

Easing and managing the lockdown so I can see my  family is far more important to me than men kicking a bit of leather round the pitch for 90 minutes

25 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

Honestly couldn't give a rats ass about football right now.

Easing and managing the lockdown so I can see my  family is far more important to me than men kicking a bit of leather round the pitch for 90 minutes

There's always lots of things more important than football. There's more important things than deciding which packet of crisps to eat which was what I was thinking about just now but it didn't stop me choosing. You're not immoral if you think of things other than Covid-19 every now and again.  I'm also thinking of getting back to work as soon as it's OK. 

Marmite if you're interested. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There's always lots of things more important than football. There's more important things than deciding which packet of crisps to eat which was what I was thinking about just now but it didn't stop me choosing. You're not immoral if you think of things other than Covid-19 every now and again.  I'm also thinking of getting back to work as soon as it's OK. 

Didn't know you could get marmite crisps, I'm not really a crisp eater but will try some of those.

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Bit like some of your posts!

4 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I suspect that means the Premier League will re-start next month.  Only question might be around whether relegation would be off the table, which could in turn impact any plans for resumption of Championship.

Like the leagues in this country most teams in the Bundesliga have 9 games to play. They are planning to finish the last weekend in June. With how far we are behind in terms of lock down and training together for teams, the schedule seems much tighter for us and once June is done, contract expiry comes into play. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That's like the pot calling the kettle grimy arse.

It was a joke tetchy! :wub:  My bottom is spotless thank you very much! 

The only reason people on here are adamant that voiding the season is the only fair thing to do is because it suits SWFC.

Think for a minute, if we were top of the league, almost certain for promotion would you accept that?

I want the best for us too but how anyone can think that voiding the season is fair is beyond me. The only teams rewarded are the ones who've been absolutely dogger all season and staring relegation down or teams with local rivals doing well. 

I hate Leeds with a passion but if we were in their shoes the tune coming from this thread would be very different. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

The only reason people on here are adamant that voiding the season is the only fair thing to do is because it suits SWFC.

Think for a minute, if we were top of the league, almost certain for promotion would you accept that?

I want the best for us too but how anyone can think that voiding the season is fair is beyond me. The only teams rewarded are the ones who've been absolutely dogger all season and staring relegation down or teams with local rivals doing well. 

I hate Leeds with a passion but if we were in their shoes the tune coming from this thread would be very different. 

Agree, If we were in Leeds position, I'd be devastated if we missed out on promotion.....but, some things transcend football. 

For the 9 clubs across the EFL leagues in promotion spots, there are 63 clubs similarly affected in different ways, 9 of those also facing relegation as a consequence and many in the lower leagues financial oblivion. 

What about the bottom clubs chance to save themselves? (happens every year to a few teams)

What about Leeds end of season collapse? Why deprive the whole of football that pleasure :biggrin:

While I sympathise with Leeds, West Brom etc and notwithstanding the wider social issues, dont think its equally 'fair' on the other 63 clubs.

If a match is abandoned due to unforeseen and exceptional circumstances, it's replayed...why is this not appropriate or fair for the season?....fair for all 72 EFL clubs, and not just the 9 clubs with something to gain.

Edited by striker