Deadline For Decision on This Season..

For the football league seems to be middle of next week, 12th May, according to Coventry’s CEO. He’s said the league needs 54 days to complete the season, plus 3 weeks notice for players training. As it seems the agreement by the FL is that the season must be completed by end of July, that means they must decide by middle of next week if there’s to be a resumption or not. 

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Personally can't see how we can play after June 30 th what if I out of contract players refuse to play it wouldn't be a level playing field

I don’t think it’s gonna happen tbh. 

I think there’s more chance that L1 and 2 might even shut down Totally til 2021

Guest wilyfox

Once Bozza reveals his plans on Sunday, the powers that be in football can make theirs. Personally, I think play will resume - but it will be farcical. Empty stadiums are inevitable and some outcomes will be biased.

One thing I've not heard mentioned is viable grounds in the football league. The prem claims that only certain grounds can be used and policed, what about other leagues? 

Got to feel for Chansiri, it’s gonna cost him a right wedge keeping the club running throughout all this. Good job half the playing staffs contracts are up this summer 

Edited by Stoop

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

Got to feel for Chansiri, it’s gonna cost him a right wedge keeping the club running throughout all this. Good job half the playing staffs contracts are up this summer 

He's already got my wedge for next season. That early bird ticket thing is going to get earlier and earlier. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He's already got my wedge for next season. That early bird ticket thing is going to get earlier and earlier. 

Att already spent that on pizza deliveries during lockdown. He says cheers. 

2 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Personally can't see how we can play after June 30 th what if I out of contract players refuse to play it wouldn't be a level playing field

Or if a team had to include kids, because of contract issues with first team squad players, to make up the numbers against opponents going for promotion or fighting relegation?

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just call it now. Season cant be finished. Null and void. Its basically a natural disaster that couldn't be prevented. Start again when safe to do so as if this season didn't happen.

This is the sensible thing to do. Just void this season,  forget about it and concentrate on preparing to start next season in August.

The PL though are desperate to finish this season due to the financial implications if they don't. The possible loss of TV and sponsorship revenues from here and abroad is their prime motivator to restart in June.

Guest Mcguigan
20 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just call it now. Season cant be finished. Null and void. Its basically a natural disaster that couldn't be prevented. Start again when safe to do so as if this season didn't happen.

Null and void a competition that’s 80% completed and had £100’s of millions invested in it?

Im moving into a new build home. Last time I drove past it appeared about 80% finished but obviously the contractors had left site for the foreseeable and as yet no news on will construction will begin again.

Wonder if they’ll scrap it and rebuild a new one when it’s safe.