On 27/05/2020 at 14:58, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I was lucky enough to speak to Jimmy Mullen earlier (he's having a copy of the book). His feelings were that the club (players and management) was too 'up and down' in the mid-70s to be successful. It took Big Jack to really sort it out. 

Up and Down??  Must have missed the Up's ☹️

• Haha 1

Feel like I'm name dropping this week :) I was honoured to speak to Tommy Craig also earlier in the week. Very positive about the fans at Hillsborough, just sad that he couldn't help get the team get back to the top. Hopefully I'll have some more news about him soon, he's having a read of the book, then hopefully an interview. 

2 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Feel like I'm name dropping this week 🙂 I was honoured to speak to Tommy Craig also earlier in the week. Very positive about the fans at Hillsborough, just sad that he couldn't help get the team get back to the top. Hopefully I'll have some more news about him soon, he's having a read of the book, then hopefully an interview. 

Hope he does..at one bit the whole team revolved around Craig with a bit of left foot magic...must have felt like he was carrying the world on his shoulders...

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Hope he does..at one bit the whole team revolved around Craig with a bit of left foot magic...must have felt like he was carrying the world on his shoulders...

I hope so too. I had his address passed on to me, so sent him the book with a letter. He rang me the day it arrived - chatty and personable. Said I seemed to have it spot on when I talked through what I'd put in there about him. Told me a story or two about Pele and said to ring him in a week or two to hopefully sort something.