I was absolutely chuffed to hear from Tony Toms this morning - he rang me after receiving his copy of the book recently. In his words it's 'bloody brilliant' and ought to 'sell like hot cakes'. 

I was well pleased to here that :)

15 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I was absolutely chuffed to hear from Tony Toms this morning - he rang me after receiving his copy of the book recently. In his words it's 'bloody brilliant' and ought to 'sell like hot cakes'. 

Mate that's great news!

Well done on this you should be so proud

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Mate that's great news!

Well done on this you should be so proud

Cheers. I am proud. But just as pleased really that lots of people seem to like it - including fans, players and now the big man himself! 

On 18/05/2020 at 15:01, Bearwood Owl1 said:

That's a relief. There's a man you wouldn't want to be upsetting.

:biggrin:

• Haha 2

On 18/05/2020 at 15:01, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I have a mental image in my mind that he's sat at the table  wearing a gym shirt  with a  pint pot cup of  tea  holding the book with a big grin on his face😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

That 2003 team - how bad was that ? I know the more mature generation go on about the mid seventies and I can’t comment on that as I was born in 1975 but that 2003 team was an absolute shocker. 

Edited by Bouncing Owl

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

That 2003 team - how bad was that ? I know the more mature generation go on about the mid seventies and I can’t comment on that as I was born in 1975 but that 2003 team was an absolute shocker. 

I was born in 1975 as well funnily enough. There's a question mark in the title for a number of reasons. One of them being that there have been other pretty dark times. I argue that although 1976 saw the team finish in their lowest ever league position (the lowest ebb) - behind the scenes there was just the beginnings of change. Eight years later we were back in Division One. 

On 05/05/2020 at 22:59, Blue and white said:

I firmly believe our lowest ebb is yet to come and Mr Chansiri and Stuffing boy are going to be the ones to take us there.

Totally agree. We are In the darkest of times. From the day Chansiri walked through the door it’s been a farce. The pitch was about the only positive...oh and the failed play off attempt.

From the stupid In-House kit manufacture to Doyen.

From recruiting an unknown German to losing Steve Bruce and his back room staff....the list goes on and on....and all to the back drop of watching our neighbours go from strength to strength...when will it end

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Totally agree. We are In the darkest of times. From the day Chansiri walked through the door it’s been a farce. The pitch was about the only positive...oh and the failed play off attempt.

From recruiting an unknown German to losing Steve Bruce and his back room staff....the list goes on and on....and all to the back drop of watching our neighbours go from strength to strength...when will it end

Whilst that is part of the problem I'm more concerned with with fake companies, dodgy ground sales, accounts not being submitted on time, 10 year season tickets, amateurish running of which has put our future at risk.

We will start next season on minus points and it's a long way back from there, that for me is when we will see the real struggle.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We will start next season on minus points and it's a long way back from there, that for me is when we will see the real struggle.

Can you imagine that scenario added to a second wave outbreak of Covid 19 and the biggest recession in the countries history?

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can you imagine that scenario added to a second wave outbreak of Covid 19 and the biggest recession in the countries history?

Worrying times indeed.

I wonder if in 40/50 years time fans will look back on today's times with nostalgia/fondness? I've said before, but there's a ? in the title of mine for several reasons. 

Any chance you could get one to me in the US? Currently not available here!

17 hours ago, fatzooma said:

Another Chansiri denier. You forgot the big telly and cake ball. 

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I wonder if in 40/50 years time fans will look back on today's times with nostalgia/fondness? I've said before, but there's a ? in the title of mine for several reasons. 

I think they will.

Think its human nature to look at the past with rose tinted glasses on.

I am too young to remember the mid 70s side but do look back smiling of the relegation sides I have seen in my time. 

8 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Any chance you could get one to me in the US? Currently not available here!

https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/product/our-lowest-ebb-a-new-history-of-sheffield-wednesday-s-darkest-times-1973-76

I'd be delighted to :) The link there should work ok, I've sent a couple over so far - they seem to take about two weeks to arrive. 

11 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Another Chansiri denier. You forgot the big telly and cake ball. 

I covered it in the bit where I said ..the list goes on

• Haha 2

Arrived  this morning already up to page  94    found something  I never knew  before   that leeds  played a home  game at hilsbrough  in 1971😀

• Like 1

Kin hell Bruce forsyth Diana dors and strippers 😀

• Like 1