Garry Monk - In or Out?

Garry Monk - In or Out?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - In or Out?

• In - keep him
    • Out - get someone else in

48 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The Pedro Caixhana link won’t go away. I definitely could see DC going down the Portuguese route again given the success he had with Carlos. No one else he’s employed has come close.

Has he been linked again then?

Guest The Horse
11 hours ago, Nero said:

I voted out. He made some shocking errors and tactically it was embarrassing for him by the end of the games. Its interesting that all of our best managers seem to have been big personalities, Big Jack, Sgt.Wilko, Big Ron. Monk seems to be of a different breed and doesn't connect really with the fan base

Completely agree.

With Monk, it feels like we've got a Derby or Reading manager on loan.

But I believe he'll come back having completely re-invented himself as Big Monk.

Massive coat, dark shades, slaps Kelly Cates on the arse after the interviews. Walks off lighting up a cigar then raises a fist to cheers from the crowd.

I'm in.

I get the feeling from all recent interviews that Chansiri and Monk aren’t going anywhere.  We just have to hope that once the squad clear out has happened Monk is able to sign players he wants and that he’s able to create a decent side from it.  But I’m not confident in Chansiri or Monk at this moment in time 

Where should Monk go?

Having quarantined several of our favourites, and given his team selections, incoming loan transfers, and substitutions, it would be appropriate if Monk were to self-isolate in the ruins of the Monastery (in Abbey Gardens) on the Silly Isles.

39 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I get the feeling from all recent interviews that Chansiri and Monk aren’t going anywhere.  We just have to hope that once the squad clear out has happened Monk is able to sign players he wants and that he’s able to create a decent side from it.  But I’m not confident in Chansiri or Monk at this moment in time 

Monk’s hardly done any interviews, if at all since football was suspended. Wilder, Warne et al seem to have been active with the National/Local Media but there’s been diddly squat from Monk. I think it’s only a matter of time before he goes?

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Monk’s hardly done any interviews, if at all since football was suspended. Wilder, Warne et al seem to have been active with the National/Local Media but there’s been diddly squat from Monk. I think it’s only a matter of time before he goes?

He's been busy giving coaching advice to Stoke City players 😁

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-allen-chester-vokes-4119110

BTW there's an interesting article in that paper today, with Lee Bowyer talking about the impact of deciding league positions by PPG etc.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-city-charlton-lee-bowyer-4125031

33 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The interviews from Chansiri and players suggest there’s not any major changes planned to the manager for next season.  But I hope I’m wrong 

13 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The interviews from Chansiri and players suggest there’s not any major changes planned to the manager for next season.  But I hope I’m wrong 

You would think the players wouldn’t be aware of any planned changes? As for Chansiri, it’s hard to say? Why would we approach Caixhana if there was no immediate change planned?

He's got to go hasn't he - he has been a total car crash in an alarmingly short amount of time.

We are getting battered most weeks, players aren't playing for him, tactics are non existent, he lies its getting to Jos levels of incompetence. 

DC isn't great with managers is he, the Carlos gamble nearly paid off, then he tried to change and he went off on one. Jos was a disaster Bullen didn't work, Monk is a disaster and then one shining light in Bruce did one. I still want him to try and pick another one asap tho 

8 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He's got to go hasn't he - he has been a total car crash in an alarmingly short amount of time.

We are getting battered most weeks, players aren't playing for him, tactics are non existent, he lies its getting to Jos levels of incompetence. 

DC isn't great with managers is he, the Carlos gamble nearly paid off, then he tried to change and he went off on one. Jos was a disaster Bullen didn't work, Monk is a disaster and then one shining light in Bruce did one. I still want him to try and pick another one asap tho 

I think Monk’s already on par with Jos to be honest... his win % is slightly worse in a shorter space of time. Both woefully out of their depth

In. Some players have let him down badly and I believe he’s the right man to weed out the spineless from those worth keeping. So far I’ve agreed with everything he’s said.

id also be careful of what you wish for, that Portuguese fella who has been saying in the press that SWFC third parties have been in contact can sling his hook, he’d be a disaster, just like he was at Rangers. Fancy talking in the press about a job that currently has a manager? He obviously is self serving and in the unlikely event he was successful he’d be off as soon as an offer landed (and we’ve just recovered from one of those)

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

You would think the players wouldn’t be aware of any planned changes? As for Chansiri, it’s hard to say? Why would we approach Caixhana if there was no immediate change planned?

Maybe Caixhana has been sounded out in case Monk decides to walk away on 30th June.  But it is worrying if that is true, as his reputation from his time managing at Rangers is really poor coming from player interviews.

We just need a manager that players and fans will respect and support. 

For me the biggest worry is Chansiri saying he wants to stay on and give the club to his son in 5+ years.  As I have lost all confidence in him as an owner of this club 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

We just need a manager that players and fans will respect and support. 

Ya see, this is the problem I have with statements like that, 

Just because you and maybe others think it /post it, doesn't mean it's true,with regards to the players trusting/supporting him. 

I've yet To go through a season reading Owlstalk where there has been 100% support respect for any Manager. 

Its a "myth". 

Bearing in mind I've been on here since Feb 2010,don’t be a smart arse, coming back with Big Ron or anyone prior. 

33 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya see, this is the problem I have with statements like that, 

Just because you and maybe others think it /post it, doesn't mean it's true,with regards to the players trusting/supporting him. 

I've yet To go through a season reading Owlstalk where there has been 100% support respect for any Manager. 

Its a "myth". 

Bearing in mind I've been on here since Feb 2010,don’t be a smart arse, coming back with Big Ron or anyone prior. 

A manager will never be universally liked particularly by the fans. Our fan base is as critical if not more critical than most. Bottom line is 20 years of mostly sh!t has bogged us down and those two years of being so near but yet so far under Carlos has arguably made us worse?

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

A manager will never be universally liked particularly by the fans. Our fan base is as critical if not more critical than most. Bottom line is 20 years of mostly sh!t has bogged us down and those two years of being so near but yet so far under Carlos has arguably made us worse?

Maybe it has, I just think this mindset of "he's gotta go" after no time at all really is just one of them throw away, easy to say comments. 

The one thing I would say is, there is an inevitability about all who manage wednesday, they all leave at some point. 

We are on our 14th manager since the turn of the century,not exactly a stable job is it. 

I don't think changing manager constantly is the right way forward. 

We've had hints from several past managers and we've deduced our own opinions that there are some of our core players that are no longer up to it.

If we keep Monk or appoint a new manager, the most important thing we need to offer them is time and at least two transfer windows to rebuild the squad in their own image. 

Unfortunately football is a results based business and fans can be very quick to lose patience when things aren't going to plan

Genuinely forgot about football given all things going on atm but had a peek on here when I saw that playoff video from 4 years ago. 

I'm usually one to back a manager to the bitter end - but this time, given what's going on, I think it's a perfect opportunity for a completely fresh start. 

Monk's not given me the confidence that he's the man to rebuild this team and when football comes back, we're going to need someone with the charisma/character to bring the team and fanbase back together, start again and be refreshed. 

Thanks to him but lets move on.