Garry Monk - In or Out?

Garry Monk - In or Out?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - In or Out?

• In - keep him
    • Out - get someone else in

Guest LittleG

Unfortunately the current situation with no matches being played has given Monk a stay of execution. Once we restart it may be that Chansiri will give Monk some leeway in the hope that he can turn things around after the enforced break. If that's the case then it looks like Monk will be in charge of our close season recruitment and that scares the hell out of me. It does seem we're flat and stale throughout the club but the only position that can be changed is the manager; get the right one in as soon as possible and the feel good factor can quickly return

He hasn't been put into a great situation at the club, so I was willing to give him time.  However, the constant changes he was making just looked like he was throwing anything on the pitch and hoping.  Seems to have run out of ideas.

4 hours ago, Himble said:

He hasn't been put into a great situation at the club, so I was willing to give him time.  However, the constant changes he was making just looked like he was throwing anything on the pitch and hoping.  Seems to have run out of ideas.

Following the all too familiar trend of becoming the hapless manager who cannot do anything to change the course of events.

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Following the all too familiar trend of becoming the hapless manager who cannot do anything to change the course of events.

Your own words suggest that the course of events are somewhat out of his control, and therefore he logically has limited blame for them. On that basis, it looks more a case for the defence than the prosecution. :ph34r:

I don't really rate Monk; still a young bloke but has had lots of clubs. However I really don't think changing the manager will really solve anything - changes need to happen further up and also that are far more deep rooted at the club with many staff, playing and non-playing, that are really taking the p*ss. If that doesn't change then it really won't matter who is in the managers seat.

8 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I don't really rate Monk; still a young bloke but has had lots of clubs. However I really don't think changing the manager will really solve anything - changes need to happen further up and also that are far more deep rooted at the club with many staff, playing and non-playing, that are really taking the p*ss. If that doesn't change then it really won't matter who is in the managers seat.

with the potential number of players leaving in 6 weeks or so that problem may be solved

however I don't trust monk after his comments about how good he thinks some of out poorer players are

14 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I have yet to see why Monk is  considered  a good manager ,Not a good manager in my eyes ,I think he will be sacked before Christmas .

I don’t think he’ll last that long TBH?

I read it like Great Big Galaa and it has to be said the many others on here who want Monk gone:

I can’t see Monk recovering from the position he currently finds himself in? If he does I’ll be one of the first to say I was wrong but for me this has the Lukuhay point of no return written all over it,.

On a separate aspect of this is there anyone who has actually warmed to Monk?

• Thanks 1

I voted out. He made some shocking errors and tactically it was embarrassing for him by the end of the games. Its interesting that all of our best managers seem to have been big personalities, Big Jack, Sgt.Wilko, Big Ron. Monk seems to be of a different breed and doesn't connect really with the fan base

But there is a possibility that he might have learned from his mistakes, he could get a better fitting team of players for his 'pragmatic' style of play and he may get some backroom staff in to freshen things up. So want to be proved wrong. He seemed a bit more likeable by February (or was it pity).

If someone said though 'Big Sam wants it', Monk would be gone. 

The only thing that might save Monk IMO is if this enforced break has given himself time to reflect on what has gone wrong since Christmas?

If he feels after this reflection that he hasn’t made any mistakes then we are well and truly f***ed unless the Chairman finally decides to act like he eventually did with Jos? That said this would probably mean Bullen being caretaker manager again? 🙄

Even with Monk in charge we should be able to gather enough points this season to survive.

But that will be it and Monk will be gone.

Imagine the drop in income from season tickets sales, memeberships, hospitiality and the merchandise if Monk is in charge next season with his horrible brand of losing football.

What we need is a new dawn and a new man to inspire that.

Come on DC make it happen.

19 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Even with Monk in charge we should be able to gather enough points this season to survive.

But that will be it and Monk will be gone.

Imagine the drop in income from season tickets sales, memeberships, hospitiality and the merchandise if Monk is in charge next season with his horrible brand of losing football.

What we need is a new dawn and a new man to inspire that.

Come on DC make it happen.

Imagine being a fan that only buys a season ticket because of who the manager is, haven't and never ever bought one because of that. 

Hospitality at SWFC is on its arse anyway. 

Peeps buy merchandise regardless. 

Season ticket sales and memberships at SWFC do historically vary significantly year on year..

A lot of it in my view is down to the feel good factor.

We had a big feel good factor this time last year.

But if Monk is still in chage with his anti-football I expect that both income streams will drop significantly.

23 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Your own words suggest that the course of events are somewhat out of his control, and therefore he logically has limited blame for them. On that basis, it looks more a case for the defence than the prosecution. :ph34r:

Probably a combination of his style of management, inconsistent approach to supporting then slating the players, players being out of contract and not been offered further deals. 

8 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

The only thing that might save Monk IMO is if this enforced break has given himself time to reflect on what has gone wrong since Christmas?

If he feels after this reflection that he hasn’t made any mistakes then we are well and truly f***ed unless the Chairman finally decides to act like he eventually did with Jos? That said this would probably mean Bullen being caretaker manager again? 🙄

Seemed like the players had never trained together since Christmas. Can’t see the extended separation due to CV-19 making them any worse! Can’t possibly be!