Garry Monk - In or Out?

Garry Monk - In or Out?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - In or Out?

• In - keep him
    • Out - get someone else in

26 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We don't know but I'd hazard a guess that Bruce wouldn't have had any problems with so called 'Billy big times'.

It really does my head in all this this nonsense about players labelled 'bad apples'.

You think we are unique in that we don't have any?

😄

3 hours ago, Vic Flange said:

You think we are unique in that we don't have any?

😄

No I don't think we're unique because I don't think every club has 'billy big time' troublemakers.

I probably know who you are going to say but I'll ask anyway. Who are these players and exactly what have they done?

Depends who's available to replace him .....If we could  get McCarthy then out if it's someone like grayson,Coleman,mclaren or some obscure foreign coach on paxos radar think I'd be sticking with monk 

• Thanks 1

What have we become, after 20 years of gash or semi gash, we are knee jerking again, you have to let a manager have his own backroom staff ,a proper preparation period (pre season) and at least some of his own players 

i am firmly behind him

Essentially this team had promotion form at the back end of last season. This team had promotion form for the first half of this season. The longer he’s been here and the more he’s been able to exert his influence the worse we’ve performed.

no brainier. Get him out.

Edited by jamthesun

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Think you have to allow for a small sad percentage of the unclean who come on here to amuse themselves.

No, some just think that he deserves a chance to pick his own players and spend money on who he thinks is a good fit for us...I bet even fergie couldn't polish a turd.

18 hours ago, bradowl said:

Right at this moment I feel it's not  important. 

You reckon?

Thanks for pointing out the exact same thing used to downplay any discussion at anything that isn't coronavirus (or worse).

I'll just go back to sitting in a quiet room. We shouldn't talk about anything.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

No, some just think that he deserves a chance to pick his own players and spend money on who he thinks is a good fit for us...I bet even fergie couldn't polish a turd.

Though I never wanted Monk, I also don’t want more upheaval, so for me it would be better if things worked out However, there are no signs that it is working out, in fact all my fears I had when he was appointed are starting come to the fore. Steady results as he was getting to know the players, then as he started to do things his way, a complete collapse in form Since then, he has shown his tactical limitations, and more importantly, a complete lack of man management skills. 

Its possible he may fare better with his own staff and players, but you would at least be wanting to see some signs that, that might be the case. Things won’t change, he won’t get a completely free hand when it comes to recruitment, no recent manager ever has, so for that reason, I’d like a manager who can work with what he is given. Gary Monk is not that man

Even without the Westwood/Hutchinson situation and the financial situation - Monk has still -

- made baffling, rash team selections - continuously playing Pelupessy, starting with 4 attackers (three of which new signings)

- spoken borderline incoherantly in his interviews

- hung the players out to dry (a card you can only really play once) quite early in his reign

As fans we can only judge on what we can see, and for me the excuse of "we don't know whats gone off" isn't enough for him to be judged significantly less than any other managers.

Edited by nickswfc

I think he needs time.

Partly because I think the players are more to blame than him and partly because I don’t think we’d be able to attract a better manager to the club at the moment given the current FFP related mess we are in.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I think he needs time.

Partly because I think the players are more to blame than him and partly because I don’t think we’d be able to attract a better manager to the club at the moment given the current FFP related mess we are in.

Name any other manager who has seen two 5-0 defeats and other complete surrenders such as Derby and flipping Reading in 2020 alone.

Name another team that give you so little confidence defending a lead in the final minutes.

The buck stops with the manager Im afraid.

He has tried the throw players under bus approach and it failed. His team selections and subs are those of someone who has lost it.

He has to go now.