Garry Monk - In or Out?

Garry Monk - In or Out?  

281 members have voted

1. 1. Garry Monk - In or Out?

• In - keep him
    • Out - get someone else in

Personally would let him oversee whatever end to this season is required and then replace him. Same with most of the playing staff too. Might be harsh on Monk but the club seems to need to press the reset button, and ideally that includes the ownership too 

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think we are going to be getting in any top manager anytime soon. So would let him shape the team for next season and see where we are half way through it.

This happens and more than likely where we are now. Has to go ASAP.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Right now this site is a place to escape from the stuff going on in the world mate.

And right now the biggest most popular thread is about what's going off in the world :blink:

Guest wilyfox

Depends on player turnover. If he gets to recruit a younger hungrier group, then maybe give him a second season. If he's stuck trying to motivate the same old faces, I can't see a successful outcome. 

Guest gizowl

I think this is why he's on a year by year rolling contract, let's wait and see if when the season ends and see if their is better options available. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Players are so much more to blame than Monk imo. 

Couldn't agree more. How many more managers are we going to get through before this sinks in.

Some on here wouldn't be happy with klopp if we lost more than two in a row.

At some stage we need to give a manager time to build a team and that is going to take a few seasons. 

I have said it before but who is to know that Bruce wouldn't eventually have had the same problems with some of the mardy billy big times we have.

Give the man a chance for gods sake.

2 hours ago, Vic Flange said:

Couldn't agree more. How many more managers are we going to get through before this sinks in.

Some on here wouldn't be happy with klopp if we lost more than two in a row.

At some stage we need to give a manager time to build a team and that is going to take a few seasons. 

I have said it before but who is to know that Bruce wouldn't eventually have had the same problems with some of the mardy billy big times we have.

Give the man a chance for gods sake.

We don't know but I'd hazard a guess that Bruce wouldn't have had any problems with so called 'Billy big times'.

It really does my head in all this this nonsense about players labelled 'bad apples'.

On the evidence so far, on practically every level, it’s a definite out Just the slightest sign that he had learned the lessons from stints elsewhere, and I might be a little more supportive. Generally I’m against constant changes, either players or managers, but I see no signs that Monk is the right man for the job