Joey Pelupessy “To have had (contract) talks by now was the plan but it’s been a bit quiet since this crisis"

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Course not. but he was signed on the cheap as a cheap squad player. It's the multi million pound players that we sign on 30k a week that turn into Pelupessy we got to worry about. 

Us retaining Pelupessy is the least of our transfer worries.

It's bizarre to think we should keep him just because he doesn't cost much. If he is ineffective then it is money wasted regardless of how much it is. 

Yes others have been a bigger waste of cash and they should be moved off the books too but don't keep someone because they are cheap if they are not good enough.

If he is settled in the area and wants to continue playing in England Rotherham would be a better fit. 

8 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Ideal player in an era of social distancing, given how far he is usually from the opponents midfield. Sign him up .

Not so sure, if Bannan got the virus Joey would have it within a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It's bizarre to think we should keep him just because he doesn't cost much. If he is ineffective then it is money wasted regardless of how much it is. 

Yes others have been a bigger waste of cash and they should be moved off the books too but don't keep someone because they are cheap if they are not good enough.

If he is settled in the area and wants to continue playing in England Rotherham would be a better fit. 

I think he is good enough as a cheap squad player.

lol

That's it Joey, you keep checking your phone son, sure they will phone you in a minute! :biggrin:

He's a tryer, but not good enough. I'd be tempted to say that given the numbers to recruit already needed this summer and assuming his modest wage, might be worth keeping as a squad player. However, on reflection, I genuinely feel we could get more out of a youth player stepping up and being given his minutes. 

Bye Joey, thanks for your effort.

2 minutes ago, malek said:

Would rather give chance to one of talented midfielders in our U-23 side. They all cost even less and look more talented.

Agree, at some point you have to play them, or what's the point of having an academy. 

15 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He is nowhere near good enough for Rotherham or any league team for that matter, the worst midfielder I have ever seen playing for us and I go back to 1967. He must be a relative of Jos's!

15 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Perfectly put

Owlstalk Shop

15 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

I think he is good enough as a cheap squad player.

lol

Fair enough but I think most would disagree.

All he has ever been is a squad player but the majority of time he gets a run out it just shows he is not good enough for this level.

You don't want a squad member to be someone you can just call upon as a body when others are injured or suspended, you want a squad player to be the type of player you can bring in to do a specific job well under a change of tactics or be able to constantly push the regular first 11 players for a place - Joey isn't that at this level.

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Poor Joey lets hope he doesn’t read this thread. 

Some of it is harsh and a bit unjust given that he has never given anything less than 100%, critical judgement is fair enough but I don't think abuse is warranted unless the player is taking the p**s out of the fans and the club.

Fact is however, in the cold light of day he aint be good enough.

3 hours ago, malek said:

Would rather give chance to one of talented midfielders in our U-23 side. They all cost even less and look more talented.

I agree.....as posted earlier I think that Conor Grant, Liam Shaw, Liam Waldock, Alex Hunt would all be a better bet...…..even Ben Hughes who is more of a right sided player.

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

I agree.....as posted earlier I think that Conor Grant, Liam Shaw, Liam Waldock, Alex Hunt would all be a better bet...…..even Ben Hughes who is more of a right sided player.

Think they would have got there chance already if they were a better bet. 

If Pelupessy doesn't get kept on then that could mean that we feel the likes of Grant and Hunt are ready to take his place. If he does get a contract then we see him as the better squad option.

On 06/05/2020 at 17:23, pazowl55 said:

Think they would have got there chance already if they were a better bet. 

If Pelupessy doesn't get kept on then that could mean that we feel the likes of Grant and Hunt are ready to take his place. If he does get a contract then we see him as the better squad option.

Hunt looked good to be fair