Joey Pelupessy “To have had (contract) talks by now was the plan but it’s been a bit quiet since this crisis"

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I actually wouldnt as signing them as Back up as that's all they would be gives us alot more room wages wise for a better first teamers.

We need to realise that our squad,all squads are going to be filled with squad players that are not always on there game every week. But it's better that they are on 5k ish a week rather than 20k most of ours have been on. 

Only the top premier league teams have two quality players in every position.

Some people are even saying we should be getting rid of Reach and Bannan, not retaining Fox. Who do they think we are replacing them with.?

I would rather have kids from the development squad that wasting £5-10k a week on dross like Pelupessy and Nuihu.

There is going to be a lot of good players out of contract in the summer and if the best we can get in is these then we are in serious problems.

42 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He's not decent back-up if he lacks the required quality. We shouldn't be re-signing him or Forestieri - for different reasons. I'd offer new deals to Fletch & Fox - but depends on terms with Fletch. Should be rolling contract at his age, and not on the wage he currently is, given likely forecast. Decision must be made on Adam Reach as well. Must not run his contract down. Can't risk a £5m playing asset walking for nowt next year. New deal or sell. 

If Pelupessy signs I would be happy as it means he is valued by the club and I trust there judgement. If he doesn't sign I will also be happy as he has been deemed not good enough. so he must be let go.

As for Reach I agree that we cant let his contract run down and get nothing for him but he is a vital player for us so I would be reluctant to let him go unless offer was to good to refuse.

Edited by pazowl55

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

Not fussed so long as any new deal has a clause that he isn't allowed to take corners..

Or start a game.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont mean they dont want to renew his contract as a squad player though does it. Nuhiu is the best example of a player most want gone but all the managers we have had rate highly as a squad member.

The thing with Nuhiu is he’s a great option to come off the bench after 70 minutes. Imagine being tired near the end of the game and then you have to defend against someone of his size. He seems to contribute really well from the bench, and I don’t understand why some fans doesn’t see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest LittleG

Nothing against JP, he works hard and seems liked by the other player's. Unfortunately he is just not good enough and I can't get my head round the notion that we should keep him just because he's cheap. Surely the one and only criteria for keeping a player is that they are good enough.

5 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Nothing against JP, he works hard and seems liked by the other player's. Unfortunately he is just not good enough and I can't get my head round the notion that we should keep him just because he's cheap. Surely the one and only criteria for keeping a player is that they are good enough.

If he gets kept on its because they think he is good enough.

Guest LittleG
1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

If he gets kept on its because they think he is good enough.

More probably because he's cheap.

Would be one of the first ones to released for me. 

Pointless midfielder, who passes the ball sideways and stifles the other CM playing alongside him, usually Bannan.

Can't tackle, doesn't score enough, not creative - just runs around.  

No where near good enough. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, owlsdreamer said:

ill have one of those your smoking.

WTF

What bit about what I said isnt true.

lol

Any time I have ever said about who we should retain the only players I have ever really always said are Fox and Fletcher. 

All I am doing here is saying I can see why the club would retain him as back up.

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If he lacks the quality he needs then now is the perfect time to get rid of him. 

If he does get offered a new deal then it means he offers more to the team than we see. He doesn't play every week so it's not like he's a managers favourite or anything and he is playing him regardless of his performance or what we say.

If he gets a new deal it will be because he deserves one.

Was he not getting picked every week since Doodah decided to sideline Hutch? That makes him a manager’s favourite does it not? The midfield equivalent of Andy Booth, runs around like an headless chicken and produces the square root of f all.

9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Was he not getting picked every week since Doodah decided to sideline Hutch? That makes him a manager’s favourite does it not? The midfield equivalent of Andy Booth, runs around like an headless chicken and produces the square root of f all.

Think he was more the only option. I meant more in a fit 23 man squad he plays every week.