Joey Pelupessy “To have had (contract) talks by now was the plan but it’s been a bit quiet since this crisis"

Guest Grandad

I'm waiting to see if his contract gets extended before I decide whether to extend my season ticket

Guest wilyfox
38 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont mean they dont want to renew his contract as a squad player though does it. Nuhiu is the best example of a player most want gone but all the managers we have had rate highly as a squad member.

Nuhiu has a 6'6" frame, Joey doesn't. Nuhiu lacks consistency, Joey lacks quality. That's the big difference.

31 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Fair enough but you just don’t resign players because they’ll take a lower wage than some when they can’t play. I mean FFS Pelupessy would struggle to put a counter in the corner during a game of connect 4 never mind take one during a game of football? 😩

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Nuhiu has a 6'6" frame, Joey doesn't. Nuhiu lacks consistency, Joey lacks quality. That's the big difference.

If he lacks the quality he needs then now is the perfect time to get rid of him. 

If he does get offered a new deal then it means he offers more to the team than we see. He doesn't play every week so it's not like he's a managers favourite or anything and he is playing him regardless of his performance or what we say.

If he gets a new deal it will be because he deserves one.

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If he lacks the quality he needs then now is the perfect time to get rid of him. 

If he does get offered a new deal then it means he offers more to the team than we see. He doesn't play every week so it's not like he's a managers favourite or anything and he is playing him regardless of his performance or what we say.

If he gets a new deal it will be because he deserves one.

Well, we're not gonna agree on this one. In my opinion, Joey was only really used when Hutch was injured/outcast & Luongo was unavailable too. I wouldn't keep him as a 3rd choice back-up. That's when we should be turning to the u23s. He's certainly not good enough to be second choice now Hutch is gone. It should be Hutch & Joey out, one quality new replacement in to compete with Luongo. 2 players for each position. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Well, we're not gonna agree on this one. In my opinion, Joey was only really used when Hutch was injured/outcast & Luongo was unavailable too. I wouldn't keep him as a 3rd choice back-up. That's when we should be turning to the u23s. He's certainly not good enough to be second choice now Hutch is gone. It should be Hutch & Joey out, one quality new replacement in to compete with Luongo. 2 players for each position. 

If Monk come out and said we are signing him up on a new deal, he is our new club captain and will start every game. Then I would wonder what he has been smoking. 

But he will be on a low wage and is a decent back up.  

So in this current climate I would rather us sign up him than Forestieri for example.

We are nice the managers nice the club's nice the country is nice ...that's the ferking problem, I'm sure he thinks the Chairman's nice too,  we need some nasty. I certainly won't pay to see him pass to Bannan all game any more. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Is Joey for real? He’s been robbing us blind since the day he arrived. First one out of the door for me. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If Monk come out and said we are signing him up on a new deal, he is our new club captain and will start every game. Then I would wonder what he has been smoking. 

But he will be on a low wage and is a decent back up.  

So in this current climate I would rather us sign up him than Forestieri for example.

He's not decent back-up if he lacks the required quality. We shouldn't be re-signing him or Forestieri - for different reasons. I'd offer new deals to Fletch & Fox - but depends on terms with Fletch. Should be rolling contract at his age, and not on the wage he currently is, given likely forecast. Decision must be made on Adam Reach as well. Must not run his contract down. Can't risk a £5m playing asset walking for nowt next year. New deal or sell. 

Presumably we are planning for the league one campaign next season resigning the heart of the midfield in Pelupessy and the goal in the team in Nuihu.

I wonder how many people would have resigned up for their season tickets in January if they knew the plan was to release players like Forestieri, Fletcher, Hutchinson but keep Pelupessy, Nuihu and Fox. I wonder would the season ticket up take had been higher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably we are planning for the league one campaign next season resigning the heart of the midfield in Pelupessy and the goal in the team in Nuihu.

I wonder how many people would have resigned up for their season tickets in January if they knew the plan was to release players like Forestieri, Fletcher, Hutchinson but keep Pelupessy, Nuihu and Fox. I wonder would the season ticket up take had been higher.

If Pessy and Nuhiu resign it really would be a disgrace and I would fear the worst for the type of players we will be bringing in during the summer. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If Pessy and Nuhiu resign it really would be a disgrace and I would fear the worst for the type of players we will be bringing in during the summer. 

I actually wouldnt as signing them as Back up as that's all they would be gives us alot more room wages wise for a better first teamers.

We need to realise that our squad,all squads are going to be filled with squad players that are not always on there game every week. But it's better that they are on 5k ish a week rather than 20k most of ours have been on. 

Only the top premier league teams have two quality players in every position.

Some people are even saying we should be getting rid of Reach and Bannan, not retaining Fox. Who do they think we are replacing them with.?

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I actually wouldnt as signing them as Back up as that's all they would be gives us alot more room wages wise for a better first teamers.

We need to realise that our squad,all squads are going to be filled with squad players that are not always on there game every week. But it's better that they are on 5k ish a week rather than 20k most of ours have been on. 

Only the top premier league teams have two quality players in every position.

Some people are even saying we should be getting rid of Reach and Bannan, not retaining Fox. Who do they think we are replacing them with.?

I honesty would rather a couple of the younger lads get promoted than have these 2 on the bench or potentially starting games. Pessy especially is one of the poorest players I have seen. What could Pessy offer that Hunt can’t for example?

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1